“Paradise”

Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang
Ranked #10 of 216 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our Tour of Vietnam and it ticked all the boxes for 4 days chill out. It is directly on the beach, 10 metres away from our bungalow. Fantastic pools, fantastic food, fantastic service, good spa, great staff, great breakfast. From the moment you arrive and the ambience of the reception and bar areas is first class.

Nha Trang is the holiday resort that we would probably compare to high rise Majorca for the Russians. It was not my favourite part of Vietnam but the beach was lovely, lots of restaurants and bars in town and a good vibe but not my husbands idea of heaven. The hotel is on the main coastal road into the town so hence there is traffic noise but it didn't spoil the ambience if the hotel.

This is a great base for the islands and for diving but I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you x

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ltaylor1969
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Itaylor 1969,

We are delighted that you found Paradise in our resort! Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments here and for all your praises about our food, beach, pools, Six Senses Spa, etc., but most importantly, thank you for recognizing the friendly and professional service all our Hosts (staff) provide from their hearts to all our guests.

Nha Trang is indeed a relatively small city bustling with new businesses that are developing, the same that offer visitors a wide choice of options where they can opt to explore or simply stay in Paradise all the time and enjoy our resort like you did.

Many thanks again and please do stop by for a few days of relaxation next time you visit Vietnam.

Fernando Arroyo F.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Everything about this hotel was superb,we had a beach side bungalow with amazing views .The staff were fantastic as was everything about this Hotel.
We stayed in 7 fine hotels in this Region but this was our favourite ,given most were 5 star this is true praise.

Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank BilloEngland
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Billo England,

And a very nice praise to put us on top of the hotels you visited. Thank you for having chosen us and stayed with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us and in particular, I want to thank you for recognizing the dedicated and heart felt service all our Hosts (staff) provide to all our guests. To us, that is the most important part of the guests' experience.

We truly hope to see you again here at Evason Ana Mandara. will be looking forward to that day.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Evason Ana Mandara in April and loved it. The location is great: Right at the beach, and just a short taxi ride to the town center. They have their own beach area, which no other hotel in Nha Trang town has - so the beach is significantly less crowded than in the other areas closer to town. If you fancy a morning run, there's a very nice path along the beach - but there's also a gym for those who prefer air condition.
Breakfast is blissful with a view over the sea and a great selection of food. The staff is extremely attentive - they even prepared a vegetarian version of the noodle soup upon finding out that one person in our group was vegetarian.
We also booked a scuba diving trip through the hotel - it was perfectly organized with a very good dive master and very well kept gear. The coral around Nha Trang is stunning - healthy and colorful.
The hotel has two pools, a library with books and DVDs, a fantastic spa (you can choose between indoor or outdoor for your treatment) - but the most amazing is the staff. Everyone is genuinely attentive and trying to make your stay memorable and special. It definitely was for us - we will be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MappingEarth
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Mapping Earth,

What a pleasant surprise to read your review here. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your short stay with us. Coming from a discerning traveler like yourself, your comments are of great value.

Thank you once more for choosing us and we sincerely hope to host you back in a near future.

Fernando Arroyo F

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The attention to detail is what blew me away at this hotel. From the moment we arrived and the General Manager Fernando greeted us with delicious treats, to the moment we checked out very early in the morning with our gorgeous goody bag of pastries/ fruit/ juice and water, not a detail was missed. The pillow menu, the specifically scented envelope of lavender on my bed at turn down (don't like lavender? Choose your preferred scent!!) and any other bit or piece you may require. The fresh fruit on the beach or by the pool around 11.30am followed by a beautiful cool towel and maybe even have your sunglasses cleaned and oiled? The beautiful teapots at breakfast as well as the gorgeous crockery and specific spoons for boiled eggs (yes, I am picky!!).
We had a beach view room which was fabulous- only 20 steps from the beach although the beach front villas did look pretty special.
The spa was excellent and service not to be faulted.
We only had breakfast here which was anything and everything you could want. All ladies even got a beautiful rose on Mothers day!
It is close enough to town to walk in (or a quick, cheap cab ride) where there are so many restaurants to choose from. Yens was a highlight.
Thank you so much to everyone at Evason Ana Mandara for such a memorable visit- I hope to be back soon!!

Room Tip: Superior rooms set back from the beach great but beach front looked special!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Got The T shirt 32,

Shall we start modifying a couple of our rooms so you can live here? We would be delighted to have you as permanent resident.

Thank you so much for your kind review of your stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and appreciated all the little things we do to make our guests feel welcome, comfortable and special. As per our Six Senses Spa, it comes second to none in Nha Trang. I will share your comments with all our Hosts (staff) here as they will motivate them as much as they have motivated me to continue to offer nothing but the best service in town.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in a not-to-distant future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from holiday in Vietnam - we spent 9 nights in the Ana Mandara and I can`t praise it enough. From the moment we arrived we received a warm welcome, and we relaxed immediately in the beautiful hotel and surroundings. Been fortunate to stay in many lovely places all over the world but we both rate this as top of our list.
The hotel and facilities are excellent as you would expect - the location on the lovely beach only enhances the experience but for us the service is what defined the quality of our stay.... it was so professional, yet friendly - not stuffy as can happen in posh hotels.
The rooms are not the most luxurious we have ever experienced, but they are beautiful & had all the facilities we could hope for during our stay. We had a garden view room which was great & we didn't experience any road noise,
Breakfast was superb - huge choice and fantastic quality produce...add that to dining adjacent to the lovely beach and sea and its going to be hard to beat.
We only ate in the hotel one evening - whilst it was good it was very expensive by Nha Trang standards. There are so many good and very cheap restaurants in town the hotel struggled to compete in this one area. A 10minute walk will have you in the centre of the restaurant area.
I can also recommend the Six Sences Spa - had a massage one day as a treat and it was brilliant.
Finally - unfortunately we both got sick just before our arrival here(cleaned our teeth in tap water while on Halong Bay Junk...be warned!). After a few days of illness I rang reception to ask for an appointment with the onsite nurse. The hotel doctor arrived at our room 5minutes later and dispensed several medicines which had us both feeling much better quickly. When I asked for his bill he smiled widely & told me `It`s free!!....we want you to come back!` Impeccable service. We hope to return one day. Thankyou to all at Ana Mandara for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely - sea views are fantastic!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DM1_10
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear DM1_10,

I have very much enjoyed reading your review and thank you for it. Not only am I glad your wife and you liked our rooms, the beach, the great breakfast, your brilliant treatment at our Six Senses Spa and more, but what makes me feel most proud and honored is the great recognition you give to the wonderful and heart felt service all our Hosts (staff) provide to all guests.

We all like to think of our guests as friends coming to visit us at home and that is how we behave. For that, we sincerely hope you will come back again and visit us. We will all be waiting for you.

Thank you for your valuable comment regarding the prices of our menu. We are currently revising it in order to become more competitive with the local market whilst maintaining our excellent quality and freshness of products we use.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I were discussing our holiday to vietnam with some freinds who are considering visiting this great nation. We visited vietnam back in 2011. We were talking about accomadation when my wife started to tell of one of the highlights of the trip. This was our stay in Evason Ann Mandara. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. The peaceful surroundings
made it appear that time had stopped. The staff were always attentive but not in your face,they really cared. I regret that I did not make a posting sooner however the memories are still strong of our stay and I cannot recommend Evason Ana Mandara strongly enough. We will return. If you are considering visiting Nha Trang do not think of staying anywhere else. We did not want to leave.

Room Tip: the room was spacious and as one would expect very clean
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Steve and Kerrie,

It has been almost a year since you came for the first time. It is almost time for your return visit as you mention on your review!. Thank you so much for your kind words and for recommending us to your friends. It is great to know that even after eleven months of your stay, your good memories are as vivid as if you had just left a week ago.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back and also your friends should they decide to take your advice.

Fernando Arroyo F

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were collected from the local airport and driven to the hotel, where the general manager, Fernando, and front office manager, Lan, were waiting to greet us by name.  While we were checked in, we sat in the bar with a cool lemongrass drink and a delicious passsionfruit sorbet.  Lan then took us round the grounds to show us where everything was located, finishing in our room.  It really was a wonderful welcome.
The room, however, was disappointing. It was not very large and in fact the narrow gap between the bed and cupboard gave it a rather cramped feel.  The free standing cupboard was not especially large and yet it was the only storage space in the room, bar a single, shallow drawer in each bedside table.  A chair and table were crammed in on one side of the bed, which is framed in a mosquito net.   The decor was very plain no pictures and no colour. There safe in the cupboard was very small - too small to fit in an iPad, for example.  In contrast the bathrooom was large, with a bath down one side and double basin on the other beneath a large mirror.  There was no window or natural light.  Nor was there any storage space; all your toiletries have to sit next to the sink or along the side of the bath.  The aircon was good and there is a large central fan.  You also have free, in room wi-fi, which was great, although it could be slow at times and took multiple attempts to log in the first time.  Tell reception if you are having problems and they will send an IT specialist to your room asap.  There was a telly and DVD player, minibar and complimentary tea / coffee.
Our room was "garden view", but what we got was "next to the road".  It a busy road, with heavy traffic day and night.  During the day drivers are constantly beeping their horns.  This does stop at night, but the revving and rumbling from heavy vehicles does not.  The sound of the aircon does drown out quite a bit of the noise, but if you are not used to sleeping to the noise of traffic, it is disturbing.  Sorry if this sounds negative so far given the five stars I've rated it - it gets better!

After we settled in, I asked at reception if it was possible to change rooms to one with a bigger safe.  I was told that all the safes are the same size, so I left it.  The staff however had the idea that I wanted a different room in their heads and that was it.  They mentioned to me several times that they hoped to have a room and promised to let me know.  Someone checked out the following day and they searched all over the hotel to find me to see if I wanted it.  They had obviously taken a copy of my passport photo when I checked in, but unfortunately for them I was dying my hair silver blonde when my passport photo was taken several years ago and at the moment I'm dyeing it black!  The lady spent about two hours trying to find me. She did eventually and I'm so glad she went to all that trouble as the alternative room was much, much nicer.  Mainly by being about 2m wider and 2m longer.  This made a huge difference, as suddenly we had a spacious room and the "four poster" bed worked so much better in a space big enough to take it.  The wardrobe was larger and although there was still no storage in the bathroom, it was a long room with the basins and bath along one side.  This meant that the shelf at the end of the bath was in a useful place.   The shower was also more powerful, which made my OH happy.  This move transformed the holiday for me, and the more I saw of alternative places to stay in Nha Trang, the more I felt that we had made the right choice.  So, if you book a garden room, you decidedly do not want 213 and you do want 216. I really want to emphasise that all I did was ask if I could change to a room with a bigger safe.  I did not make a huge fuss as I had unpacked and if I wasn't getting a bigger safe, I couldn't really be bothered.  The staff obviously knew how much nicer a room I could have and went right out of their way to move me.

So, the staff were absolutely lovely - very helpful, friendly, welcoming and as you can tell from the trouble they went to over our room, they really care about you having a nice holiday.  Members of staff remembered us (by name) and asked how we were enjoying our trip.  Some struggled with English - there are many different nationalities staying here - but English speakers liked to stop and chat about the weather and what were doing.  Staff were also very quick to ask if they could help if they saw you looking even slightly like you might want assistance.   Our water and power failed one evening (this isn't a first world country) we called reception and they were in our room in minutes. When we had trouble logging into the wi-fi they sent an IT man to help and checked several times that it was working ok.  When we breakfasted late, someome came to tell us that it would soon be closing and would we like anything more to eat or drink before it shut. Staff members greeted us with smiles and made us fell truly welcome for the whole of our visit.

The six senses spa was really nice.  The staff were friendly and did explain the process (when to undress, when to put the fetching disposable pants on) although they speak very softly which made them hard for me to understand at times.  However, I understood clearly enough when they checked that the pressure of the massage was to my liking. My OH and I had treatments at the same time, in a large, pretty room. I had a scrub treatment first, which involved a shower to clean the scrub off in their high-walled garden.

The breakfast buffet is good with a huge selection of delicious fruits and cereals as well as cooked options (European and Vietnamese styles), although quite a lot of it uncovered - there aren't  many flies about generally, but also there aren't none!  There is a smoking section for those uncouth enough to smoke over breakfast.  There is a wide room service menu and the prices for seemed better than the resto prices with the added advantage that you can eat on your front porch or in your air-conditioned room.  Service is excellent of course - for example, I ordered a single glass of wine with my meal and the waiter brought out the whole bottle with him.  He offered me the chance to taste it first (I appreciated this as I can tell a faulty wine when I taste it) plus he did the whole thing properly; showing me the label so I could see that it was indeed the wine that I had ordered.  He poured out my glass.  When setting the table for us, he made sure that our sorbets went in the fridge to keep cool and as he left he sneaked a few more drops into my wine glass.  Once again showing how the staff here go out of their way to make your stay special.

The restaurants are pleasant of an evening, especially with the view over the bay but the prices are similar to what you would pay in a good UK restaurant and therefore many times what you will pay for an equally nice meal in Nha Trang.  The town is about 15 minutes' stroll along a lit pavement or 80p by taxi.  I thought it was well worth the money for the Vietnamese Street Market night at the pool restaurant, which was set up like a little street and was a fantastic way to experience a wide selection of local foods without the risks or an actual roadside vendor.

There is a gym, which is properly airconditioned and has a decent amount of equipment - two cross trainers, two running machines, a bike, two adjustable weight benches and a resistance station.

There are two pools.  A larger one at one end, next to the gym and the kids' area.  This pool was the more family-oriented one, with individual beds and lots of space.  Closer to reception and next to the bar was a smaller pool with a series of beautiful day beds around it, each designed for two with co-ordinated cushions and a large shade.  Although it is a very adult space, please note that it is not adults only and unfortunately some people did bring their children - babies even - here rather than to the family pool.  Their noise sis detract from the peace, so we did suggest that the hotel think about making the small pool just for adults.  The hotel also has a private beach, accessed directly from the grounds, with several comfortable beds under palm leaf umbrellas.  On the beach and by the pool there are little red flags with a drinks menu on one side and a snack menu on the other.  Make your choice, hold out the flag and someone will take your order in no time.

Note: I write my reviews as I go, while it is all fresh in my mind and then post them after I get home and have had time to reflect.  My initial comments were made when we were in the original room and changing to a larger room made a big difference to my mind set.  The safe being too small for my iPad is a bit of a "First World Problem" but I do think its one that the hotel can easily fix.  Its not like the locals aren't glued to their phones too.  The traffic noise is a let down, but you are not going to get away from that in Nha Trang.  My main observation is that I have been blown away by the staff here.  Although it is fair to say that Vietnamese people generally are courteous and helpful, I  would still say that the staff at Ana Mandara stand out.  They have contributed enormously to my high rating for this hotel.  I have stayed in many high quality hotels and resorts, which has given me high expectations.  However, although I haven't often found fault with the staff in other places, everyone here was a cut above.  Fernando should be proud of them.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Monk-san
Fernando A, General Manager at Evason Ana Mandara Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Monk-San,

You have certainly written a well detailed recount of your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Let me start please by addressing some of the issues you mention. Pertaining the safes in the rooms: we are in the process of selecting a new model (one that can store Tablets and such) and will be ordered soon. As per the storage space; we have already designed a luggage rack that will incorporate drawers therefore increasing space to put your clothes, without taking additional space in the room. Street noise; it is an issue for some of our rooms and we are constantly looking at ways of making those rooms more sound proof. Street noise is the consequence of being a city resort and in our case, the only one in Nha Trang that is actually on the beach.

All your other points and suggestion are very well taken and thanked for. I specially want to thank you for recognizing the tremendous effort all of our Hosts (staff) put in order to make the stay of our guests a very pleasant and memorable experience. Believe me when I say that I am indeed very proud of them and consider myself a very lucky General Manager for having them in my Team.

I sincerely hope you will visit us again so you can see our improvements and receive once more the warmth and heart-felt service of our Hosts.