Ha Van Hotel
$41
  • Beachfront
$149
$139
Amiana Resort and Villas(Nha Trang)
$610
$99
Hotels.com
$51
Agoda.com
Chau Loan Hotel(Nha Trang)
$45
$37
$510
$134
$556
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My Father, Brother and I stayed at the Flamingo (Ha Van) in April 2009. I contacted the manager, Nicolas, via email and made arrangements for our stay. Nicolas was very accommodating both during the booking process and upon our arrival. He allowed us look at several different room configurations before we chose our room. We decide on the triple which was nice and roomy. Although it had no view it was comfortable for three men. The room was very clean and the service was great. Check out the rooftop bar for a great view while having a beer and cigar. In reading some of the reviews of this hotel I couldn't understand why some folks were being so critical. For the price, this was one of the better hotels we stayed in while in Vietnam. Staff were trust worthy and Nicolas knows how to run a reputable hotel. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Flamingosuites, Owner at Ha Van Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2009

Hi travellers,
I want to thanks our guests that spent time to write reviews of us.
While my staffs and I are pleased with the latest reviews, I would like to remind (again) our readers that our hotel is not perfect. We have numerous challenges, especially in the summertime, when we receive a lot of Vietnamese tourists. When the hotel is fully booked it can be sometime noisy, from time to time even run out of hot water (never for long thought) and errors occur! I had some foreign guests suggesting that I should refuse them! We won’t. To experience Vietnam, we have some time to live some of the disagreement associate with this country, people and culture. Anyways Nha Trang in the summer grows double in size; most hotels are full (at least in the weekend), the traffic is dense, the noise levelled up, the beach crowded and transportation difficult (trains & planes). It is a common problem for most of the hotels. Be aware of it.
The bright side of it is that you have a lot of action going on! Lot to see and a lot to do! People are nice too!
I invite you to see us, call us or write to us if you need any information about Nha Trang or Vietnam. We are here to help.
Last words: If you travel to Vietnam the best attitude to have is to be patient and understanding. Vietnamese have a particular culture and habits, the people will not change. Foreigners can’t do anything about it so don’t lose your time or your cool.
Good travel!
Nicolas
On behalf of the Flamingo Suites’ Ha Van Hotel Staffs

Reviewed July 15, 2009

HAVAN'S HOTEL IS GREAT.This was THE BEST PLACE to stay - Max and I had fabulous service from all the staff, comfortable beds, and easy go to the beach,near disco,restaurant,market...everything u want..We stayed for a week and enjoyed every moment..Thx for the great time in Havan's hotel and the beach NhaTrang!Nha Trang is BEAUTIFUL and we had GOOD FRIENDS in there!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2009

Sure this is the best price/quality Hotel of Nha Trang because of its wonderful service. The manager and his spouse speak English, viet and French, which help to know the best restaurants and bars to go, but also best place to go in Motobike they rent very cheap for you. From 7 to 77 years old, Ha Van Hotel, with its marvelous Rooftop bar and very clean rooms bar have someting for you!

Reviewed July 2, 2009

We paid $25/night for a triple. For that price, the hotel was really clean and in a good location close to the beach. But for me, it was probably a little too touristy since all the shops and restaurants were catered to tourists. The closest pho restaurant was way too expensive. The restaurants we ended up loving the most were across town since the hotel is in the southern most section of the town, but the cab rides weren't too pricey (but more expensive than in Saigon).

The bathrooms were the Asian bathrooms with no tub (drain in the floor). This was acceptable but by our 2nd and 3rd nights, the bathroom started to smell like sewage and it was very uncomfortable having to use the bathroom. The beds were on the hard side.

Staff (incl cleaning staff) was friendly but we learned right away to be cautious about services offered. The girl at the front desk in the afternoon offered to hire us a car to drive us to Thap Ba Hot Springs, but for double the price of what we ended up paying for a metered taxi. However, the older man who worked evenings was always very helpful. He would advise how much we should pay for certain services without trying to sell us any. He did quote us a price for a driver for a day which was higher than we wanted to pay, but he was able to find us one for what we were willing to pay.

The hotel offers car service for $15 from the airport. We decided to go w/ the metered taxi drivers harassing us at the airport which was a mistake since that was almost $19 (Lonely Planet advises $10). But on our return trip to the airport we paid $10 by negotiating with taxis. So in retrospect, it may have been easier to hire the hotel car service to avoid the bad experience we had with our taxi driver once we realized how expensive the meter was getting.

Another good pick from TripAdvisor... we learned a lot from this experience. BTW, the beach is packed at 5 am with locals who are avoiding the hot sun and humidity. The weather was very pleasant at this time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Flamingosuites, Owner at Ha Van Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2009

First I would like to thanks all posters that comment on our hotel.
I would like to rectify some points made in those two last comments.

First: ‘’ but we learned right away to be cautious about services offered. The girl at the front desk in the afternoon offered to hire us a car to drive us to Thap Ba Hot Springs, but for double the price of what we ended up paying for a metered taxi.’’

You paid the double price compare to the taxi meter because when she called the taxi for you it was for both ways. You end up paying the return because you didn’t take the taxi that you went on it. It would never occur to us to try to cheat you or any guests we have at our hotel. We do not function like that. How bad business would it be!

Second: ‘’ The sheets were not very clean and the towels threadbare.’’. We use to clean our sheets at the hotel with water use from our well (most houses in Nha Trang have the same system). The water has some sulphur and iron in it that changed the color of sheets and towel over the time. In no way they are dirty. We now use a commercial cleaning service for our sheets and towel, the problem is fixed some time ago but some legacy towel might look a bit bad (in that case we might have an older discarded towel mixed to our new towel...)

Thirdly: ‘’ Oh and although the advertised commission for booking the train was 10% the girl on reception tried to charge 15%.’’

I was as shock as the poster to have one of my receptions to try charging 15% commission on the train ticket, our policy is 10% and I made it clear that I would not be otherwise. Still, 15% is hardly exaggerated when compare to what travel agency or other hotel charge (often between 25 to 50%). But there is no excuse 10% is 10%.

Fourthly: ‘’ The bathrooms were the Asian bathrooms with no tub (drain in the floor). This was acceptable but by our 2nd and 3rd nights, the bathroom started to smell like sewage and it was very uncomfortable having to use the bathroom.’’

The guest were in one of our ‘’triple room’’ 3 beds in what has been before a twin room. We did that room to accommodate travellers on a tight budget that can’t afford to book two rooms. In that optic the room is a bit small. The door of the bathroom is in front of one of the beds. I guess they let it closed. Ventilate is the solution when you are not in the room. Humidity has to get out. I live in one of the same room on the first floor (yes I live inside the hotel) and let me say that I do not have this problem (and my room is not even clean everyday by our maid).

Finally, I just what to say that not all is perfect in our hotel; we do try to do our best to help our guests to have the best time with us and in Nha Trang. One thing I like to add is that those problems would have been easily resolved in a few minutes if we had been aware of it. Your towel is not looking good? Let us know, we will change it immediately. The cost of your taxi is not what you have been expected? Come and let us know that you are not happy. The bathroom is smelly after 3 days of use...let us find the solution for you (or we will change your room). You have been overcharge compare to a rate we are advertising...ask for the manager.

I am somewhat ‘’amazed’’ to find some of the hotels problem on Tripadvisor when most of them could have been solve on the spot if our guests would just have told us in the first place. I understand that when you are in a hotel you expect to have it perfect. The reality is that we are not perfect and we need the interaction between you, our guests and us, the hotel, to be able to give you the best solutions. Our hotel is a family managed hotel, we try our best to be ‘’more’’ perfect but at the same time we don’t have the same resources as our more expensive competitor.

On a lighter note...don’t hesitate to use our in house masseur, the best in Nha Trang. Also, the rooftop terrace has seen some very interesting evening lately; I invite everyone to enjoy our Rooftop Lounge! A great place to have a COLD beer and a relaxing evening!

Have a good trip in Vietnam.

Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed two nights on 20 +21st June. in a balcony room. The staff forgot to turn on the hot water so we had cold showers the first day. The sheets were not very clean and the towels threadbare. The ariel had pulled out of the TV,which I fixed. But the worst thing was that we arranged a wake up call and taxi to catch the train to Danang and didn't get it. Fortunately I woke up in time myself and when we got to the lobby the night staff were sound asleep on the lounges. Oh and although the advertised commision for booking the train was 10% the girl on reception tried to charge 15%.

NhaTrang itself is in a great location, but the town is dull. Lots of hotels but no zip, and the food is ordinary at best. Skip it. However Danang is great.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple