“Fantastic stay, clean rooms, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ha Van Hotel

Ha Van Hotel
Ranked #47 of 194 Hotels in Nha Trang
hereford, england
“Fantastic stay, clean rooms, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

My partner and I stayed in a smaller room, for close to a month in return we got a decent rate for our room. The rooms were cleaned to a great state of cleanliness every day, towels changed almost every day.
Great breakfast, and very friendly helpful staff! As you can see from this site, any bad thing that anyone has said the owner has sorted out instantly! We would definitely stay again!
Very good location, close to Oz bar which has very cheap beer very nice staff and good food - if you go there say emma n carl say hello!!
thanks once again for a great stay - you made our holiday after bad experiences elsewhere!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

It’s easy to see why the Ha Van Hotel is such a popular choice for budget / midrange travelers. We were 2 couples staying here in late March and right from our early train arrival (06:00am) we were greeted into the very clean and comfortable foyer by friendly staff. Fortunately our bigger rooms with balcony on the 4th floor were available and early check-in was no problem.
Rooms were better than expected for this standard of accommodation with comfortable beds, hot shower, A/C and cable TV with free internet included. The Rooftop Lounge Bar is the perfect way to end the day enjoying the cool breezes and changing colours as the sun sets. We found the very reasonably priced beer at the Rooftop also to be the coldest of anywhere in our travels through Vietnam.

The Hotel is situated in a quiet yet popular part of town only 5 minutes walk to the beach, Sailing Club and Louisiana Café. Very good restaurants, shops, dive and tour operators within 50 metres walk.
We really enjoyed Nicolas’s casual style, and he and his wife Yin are to be congratulated for running a very pleasant and professional hotel operation.
Get to know Nicolas, he is full of good information, like his recommendation of a daytrip to Ex-pat Beach. Must do!
We highly recommend the Ha Van Hotel.
Chris, Paul and 2 Robyn’s

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank biffdog
Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

Like nearly every other review I have to have to start with the management.

Nicolas and his wife maintain a tightly run establishment. It is their passion that makes this as good as it is. We booked directly and received quick informative and accurate responses on email.

The room was pleasant but not the wonderful boutique look that you often get in Vietnam, wood panneling, petals on pillows , nice towels etc. It was functional really including the bathroom, and had a balcony, but the view isn´t all that great.
Room had a TV with Cable TV, came in very handy when we got sunburnt and didn´t want to venture outside. The hotel is easily close enough to the action but some other places (no doubt more expensive) have nice sea views.
I didn´t visit the roof top bar, I can´t remember even being told about it - shame. Internet was available on the "staff PC" but it would have been nice to have a dedicated PC for guests.
The cost was reasonable, more than basic budget but less than the full frills places with pools etc. I don´t think breakfast was included or even available.

If you are looking for a good place on a sensible budget then you can´t go far wrong by staying here.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy T
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We travelled with our elderly parents and young toddler and stayed at the Ha Van hotel in Nha Trang. It was an excellent choice for us. It was a very reasonably priced hotel for Nha Trang, given its central location. The staff are very kind and extremely helpful. The rooms are quite basic but they are diligently cleaned and kept in very good order. My family and I can highly recommend this hotel for travellers who are on a budget but who are looking for a central, clean and tidy place to stay with friendly, helpful and attentive staff!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyTravellers2009
Graz, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Ha Van hotel in Nha Trang. Great rooms, great location, nice rooftop bar and also the tours are recommended. Only sad thing was that some cash was stolen from me out of the hotel safe, but the manager was really trustful and handed it back to us without discussion. THANK YOU for that.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toertie
Flamingosuites, Owner at Ha Van Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2009
Dear readers and prospective guests,

Headline is very bad (for us) but the critic rating pleased me! Yes, I must admit, money was stolen in our safe by one hospitality student that made an internship with us. What a bad start in the hotel industry! I contact her school and fired her. I have readily apologized our guests and hand back the money, I was myself shocked! After that incident, we have updated our procedure for valuable stored in our safe, now everything that our guests put in the safe must be inventoried, signed and sealed. It is not only a better system for our guests but also for us. Before we had no way to know what we would keep inside the safe, our guests and the hotel are now better protected.

Here my blooging part!

The next chapter is about ‘’stealing’’ incidents that did occur at the Ha Van Hotel over the last year. Keep in mind when reading that the Ha Van Hotel had more than 6000 room/nights and more than 14 000 guests. Yes, an incredible 14 000 guests!
This year, some claims (5 in all) of stolen things inside the room have been put to our attention. 2 claims related to stolen jewelleries, both has been resolve as the guests found their belonging back, well hidden in their luggage (one rolled up in a T-Shirt, the other one in the double bottom of a suitcase). Both have been extremely polite to apologize to us for the false insinuations. 2 other claims have been made related to money stolen in the room. Those were more complicated to proceed. I have total confidence in our staffs so when the guests announce that money was stolen it’s creating me big headache. Our cleaning staffs told us that it was (of course) not them and our guests were absolutely (of course) convinced that they were guilty! The only thing possible in that situation is to size the police on the matter, which we did. On both occasion, the police contact the other hotels that those guests were staying and some of other hotel owners told the police that those guests had claim of money stealing in their room! What is bad luck or was it stealing for traveling? It wasn’t bad luck. We could have pressed criminal charges again both of them but we have preferred a gracious exit for a disgracious situation. I was relieved (and evermore confident of my staffs) but at the same time angry and shocked that even on vacation some persons could do that.
In conclusion, what I want to highlight is that overall, problems at the hotel is really just exceptions rather than the norm. Hotel business in Vietnam (or everywhere I guess) is not always easy but my wife, my employees and I enjoyed it greatly (or else we would do something else!). I hope that what I am writing will incite more and more peoples to stay in the Ha Van Hotel. I am more convincing than ever that we deserve your trust and confidence.

Updates

We have over the last weeks repaint most of the rooms at the hotel and have upgraded some rooms with sofa and some other rooms with table and comfortable rattan chairs. Over the next year we will also look to refresh our bathrooms. At the Ha Van Hotel we are always trying to improve the comfort for our guests! In the light of previous extremely good ratings/comments, I would also like to ‘’lower’ the expectation from our prospective guests. While I am very pleased by the number of satisfied guests, I want also stress that we are still a budget hotel and we cannot match the comfort and service level of bigger hotels. I will go further by saying that if you are in Nha Trang you can also find cheaper hotels with mostly equivalent room quality. WE ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST IN TOWN (and don’t want to be) …that said, on the service side we are almost unbeatable. We give prompt services and charge low commissions on train and bus booking. Wi-Fi connection in all rooms and in the lobby (2 computers) is free. We have now a fantastic Rooftop Lounge; beers are cold and drinks are very cheap…oh! And the view on downtown Nha Trang is fantastic!

Stay with us! We are glad to answer any questions that may arise while looking to travel to Nha Trang. Don’t hesitate! We are very glad to help! We want you to enjoy your stay here!

Please accept my best regards,

Nicolas
Flamingo Suites’ Ha Van Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

Hi

Loved it .............Loved It............ Loved It.............

Excellent location
We cannot recommend this hotel enough.. Stayed with our kids for 5 nights... The best asset this hotel is Nicolas and His Lovely wife...They are both excellent hosts.... Staff are lovely.. always smiling and willing to help..

There is a great rooftop bar that opens at 5pm for drinks (you can sit up there anytime you want though).. The young guy that runs the bar is really nice nothing too much trouble... Lovely place to start off the night and finish if u want without a million kids offering you postcards!..... Drink prices very reasonably.... and some of the profits are directed back to the staff...

The rooms are basic but very clean....for budget accommodation cannot fault..... would deffinately stay at this hotel again as long as Nicolas and his wife are still running it!...

Bed are comfortable.......Which is important after a long day sunbathing!

Thanks
daiisy

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank daiisy
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

My boyfriend and I loved our stay at Ha Van Hotel!!! the room has was very clean, very well decorated, the staff were extremely friendly and the owner is french canadian and speaks English and French. Not only was the hotel at the heart of the city, the owner personally took his time to welcome us to the hotel and provided us with a map of the city and cirled all the recommended places to eat, shop and visit. The hotel has a beautiful roof top patio for drinks and lounging. The breakfast was delicious and very affordable. We were travelling thailand for 1.5 months and this is the best hotel we have stayed at so far. They also have two computers in the lobby that are free and very fast and up to date. We dined at the recommended Indian restaurant and Tex Mex and they were both delicious and affordable. We visited Vanpearl land which is an amusement park close by it has a beautiful beach with white sand and clear water and free lounge chairs, water slides, wave pool, a lot of attractions, indoor and outdoor games, restaurants and we defintely recommend to visit (300,000 vnd per person including cable cars). We also visited the mud bath place it cost 100,000 vnd per person plus 40,000 vnd per person for transportation. You can spend the whole day there in the baths and pool. The staff were so friendly that when we got back from the mud bath and already checked out and were waiting for our bus in the lounge, they offered us to take a shower in of the rooms for free. Thats what I call Canadian hospitality :) Thank you Ha Van Hotel and staff!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple