“Great price, great location.”
Review of Ha Van Hotel

Ha Van Hotel
Ranked #55 of 215 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed March 2, 2009

This hotel is hidden away in one of the alley's off a main street in Nha Trang. The French-Canadian owner is very friendly and the staff are very helpful.

The hotel room was clean and comfortable. It inlcuded a mini-fridge, tv with cable and the bathroom had hot water - only problem is that everything gets wet when you're having a shower. Nothing separates the shower from the toilet or sink. Our bathroom door would not shut properly either, so we had to prop up a bottle to keep it semi-closed.

There is an elevator so you don't have to climb 5 flights of stairs. There are 2 computers in the lobby for internet use as well. The rooftop is nice for a city view and after 5pm they server drinks (at an added cost). Breakfast is not included in the room rate, but it only costs $3 US and includes coffee or juice.

You can walk to the beach within minutes, there are tons of excellent restaurants just around the corner - so for those just wanting a clean, comfortable place to stay for a bargain - this is your hotel!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 2, 2009

We stayed at the Ha Van hotel for three nights during januray. We pre-booked a double room with a balcony for $23 via email about a week before we arrived.

This largish hotel is situated on a side street just off the main strip, about 5 minutes walk from the beach. The room we booked was on the 4th floor which gave you a good view from the balcony, and luckily they had a lift which saves your legs. The rooms are a good size and you get basic furniture. The bathroom is in a wet room style, with a simple shower mounted on the wall. It takes a few mins for the hot water to come through so leave it running before you jump under!

Included in the price of the room is air con, a fridge, hot water, minibar and satellite tv. Breakfast is not included but is an extra $3 if you want it. You can get cheap breakfasts at any of the bars/cafes around the corner so this wasn't a problem. The staff are friendly and the hotel itself feels safe and secure. The owner (french-canadian) is welcoming and able to book buses/trips and give you all the info on the local area.

The Ha Van hotel is a good budget option hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2009

My husband and i had a great stay here. Very clean and efficient. Nothing at all to say to the negative.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed January 21, 2009

One of the cheapest and best stays we had in Vietnam. We were plesantly surprised with the quality and service

Rooms: as with most places the toliet is in the shower. No biggie. Shower was great - lots of hot water.
Queen size Bed was soft comfy
Rooms / linen were clean
Aircon and Tv worked a treat.
Balcony would have been good is it had stoped raining !

Location: what more could you want. its just off to the side of the restarunt / bars area. short walk to everywhere, and beach just up the road. The street the hotel is on isn't busy - so nice and quiet

Didnt have the hotel breakfast because we were out wandering early and theres so much to choose from (recommend 'same same but different' cafe. if you can get past the cliche'd name its a great and inexpensive cafe just round the corner !). The hotel staff spoke great english and organised mud spa + taxis at a very good price. We hired motobikes from the hotel at cheaper than we could from the street vendors.

Overall a top stay !

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Stayed a couple of nights in rainy Nha Trang in December. Good points included airport pickup and fast and easy check in. Room has a balcony which would have been nice in dry weather. Bed comfortable and there is a TV with multi channels, plus weak wireless in the room. They also got us train tickets and only charged 10% commission - much lower than some other hotels / agents. Slept fine and late - street is quite.

Things that need to be improved include: threadbare towels in bathroom; lack of a clean floor towel; no shower curtain / cubicle - instead an open design meaning the bathroom is flooded after every shower; weak water on 4th floor.

I can see why people give the place good reviews, and I can see the good points. The main problem was the towels / floor towel. Never had their US$3 breakfast - there are plenty of options two minutes walk away for less money.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank drumbrake
Flamingosuites, Owner at Ha Van Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2009

I would like to thanks ‘’Drumbrake’’ for his honest and detail review of our Ha Van Hotel. Because of constructive criticisms offer by our guests, my wife and me are able to improve the hotel. Since one year, many of the reviews have helped us to become better.
Since the review of ‘’Drumbrake’’, we have discard our oldest towels and buy more than 100 new ones. As for the shower/wet floor, our reader have to understand that we don’t own the building in which we make our hotel. We have 1 year left to our contract with a possibility of 3-5 years more. I pledge myself that when we will ink the contract for 3-5 years more, I will add shower curtain that will prevent the floor to be wet. Until that moment, please note that a lot of Vietnamese bathrooms and hotel have the same system as ours. I have even design my bathroom in Canada to be design this way!

I want also outline the fact that we are pro-active in improving our hotel, in one year a lot have been done and sometimes it is frustrating for us that the guests can’t fully appreciate all the work that have been done…be assured that I am not fully satisfied with many things in our hotel but that we are making great effort financially and time consuming to improve the experience lived by our guests. All profit are reinvest in our staffs and business..ALL. (and that why I am not rich and that my wife complain!!!)

I want to thanks all of our new guests (regular guests too) that have been staying here, for their support and kind words. I can see my employees, my wife and myself being proud to have an hotel that can fulfill their requirement for clean, affordable, comfortable and convenient rooms. We are succeeding in giving honest and competent services, making Nha Trang a better destination to visit. It is not always easy, Vietnam is a noisy and difficult country to do business...especially for a westerner.

Last I want also to thanks my employees for their work and honest ways of work. Their respect and friendship is very important to us.
This year will be better than the years before.

Nicolas
Flamingo Suites’ Ha Van Hotel
Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa

Reviewed December 23, 2008

Good location and friendly staff makes this a good place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Having stayed in a number of hotels during our stay in vietnam travelling from Hanoi to Saigon, I feel that I have some ability to say that Ha Van Hotel in Nha Trang is one of the best discount hotels in the country.

The room we booked was a balcony suite for $22usd a night. The room was clean and tidy and unlike most hotels in vietnam did not have mold and mildue growing in the corners.

The hotel has a modern lift so there is no climbing 5 storeys like many of the hotels in the same price range. It is also close to many very good restuarnts (i would recommend the cyclo cafe) and a 5 minute walk to the beach. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that stays in Nhas Trang. Nicolas and his staff are exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple