“Value fo money, but could improve with their staff”
Review of Ha Van Hotel

Ha Van Hotel
Ranked #53 of 209 Hotels in Nha Trang
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Value fo money, but could improve with their staff”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hostel was lovely and clean. The rooms were perfect in size and breakfast was fab. However, having travelled for three weeks around Vietnam and Cambodia we found the staff the least friendly. When we arrived we were really hungry and so went to the roof top for dinner, impossible to read the menu in the dark and some candles were lit, still proving impossible to read. The food took ages to come and not at the same time. When we wanted to pay, the staff member could not work out what we owed and was not at all helpful.
Finally if you are a light sleeper this is not a good place. Every night we have been here the doors have been slamming most of the night. We can hear the kitchen staff in the early hours of the morning. Not sure we would come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had a very enjoyable stay.

Pros:
* Amazing location - 5 mins walk to the beach and right in the middle of all the restaurants.
* Good size rooms - rooms were very clean, spacious, good air conditioning, bathrooms were clean and a powerful shower.
* The breakfasts were super - the pancakes were delicious!
* We caught an early train and arrived at the hotel at 5am - we were so pleased when there was someone there to meet us and check us in.
* We loved the rooftop bar, it was lovely to spend an early evening pre-dinner cocktail up there. The cocktails were very cheap and the strawberry daiquiri was lovely.
* Your receive a free drink when you arrive too which is a nice touch.

Cons
* The construction noise did start early and it was hard to go back to sleep afterwards. However the hotel were very apologetic about this and it didn't ruin our stay.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and it was the first budget hotel we have ever stayed at, WOW! The Ha Van hotel was amazing. From the moment you step in you are treated with such respect from the amazing staff. We had a balcony room which was perfect for the 2 of us, the bed was great, as was the bathroom. Breakfast? Yes, yes, yes, the pictures that are on the website are exactly how it comes out, my partner had the banana crepe and loved it, in fact, she had it a few times, I personally love the local food, so I had the local noodle soup which I had for 3 out of the 4 days. The rooftop bar is ideal for a Nha Trang chill out session, I put my beats on, set up the pool table and over indulged in cheap yet great cocktails. My partner and I made friends with Nghi, a staff member who is just so super friendly and helpful, the owner of the Ha Van should consider himself lucky to have such a genuine hard working person working for them, I have to add that all workers that we dealt with were great aswell. Oh, don't forget to try Yens restaurant next door, best pork I have ever had, I have left a separate review for this. All in all, the Ha Van was fantastic, a must stay when in Nha Trang, I'll also add that last time I was in Nha Trang I stayed at the Novotel, I thought that was good, but Ha Van, you take the cake. Lol, speaking of which, the cakes and ice cream downstairs...best cheesecake I have ever had, and the mocha icecream was too good. Ok people, I'll leave it at that, book it and I'm sure you too will have the same experience.

3 Thank Newie83
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Great location near the beach and some top rated restaurants. Staff are very welcoming and extremely helpful, helping out with bookings and suggestions for great spas. The only downside was the construction happening next door, the noise from the party and blender from the rooftop bar which saw us change rooms three times in our four night stay. The two air cons on the balcony rooms seemed to stop working quite often leaving a very hot room. The only other small issue that was a little disappointing is that the traditional Vietnamese food of Pho that is on the breakfast menu was unavailable when I ordered it. Breakfast is good with eggs, bacon, French toast etc however I can eat those at home anytime. Value for money though and enjoyed our time in Nha trang.

Paris, France
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were very lucky there was a room available for us at the Ha Van as we hadn't booked. We were given a tripple that was big enough for our children (6 and 2) and us. The 3 beds were very comfortable and not as hard as the ones you usually find in Vietnam. The bathroom was beautiful and huge. The place was absolutely spotless and thoroughly cleaned every day. The staff there is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is on the terrasse on the top floor. It is simple but we all liked it very much and the view on the mountains is superb. The hotel is very near the beach and there are loads of bars and restaurants in the vicinity.
Nicolas, who owns the place, is extremely nice as well, we had a lot of fun talking about how crazy it can be to travel with children.
Laundry is fast and efficient. It is more or less the same price as anywhere else in the country.
Upon arrival, you get a complimentary drink for each guests to be served at the bar on the terrasse which is a thoughtful way to be welcome.
We highly recommend the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank spicywisdom
Bogota
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff of Ha Van gave us a real kind welcome and as and experienced traveler I know how important the first impression is. This hotel made it perfectly. As for our room, I must say that it was really spacious – way bigger then we expected it to be. Our double bed was comfy enough, all the listed amenities were provided and it had everything a guest could desire plus it was not expensive at all. The complementary breakfast was just delicious.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank arrospideelaina
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Really nice place well worth the price. Great location, super helpful staff and positive mood. Totally recommended. This was the first place that allowed me to use a room just for the shower after I checked out and was waiting for a bus.