“Overall great hotel”
Review of Ha Van Hotel

Ha Van Hotel
Ranked #56 of 214 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel was my treat to myself during my time in Viet Nam- I had stayed at a volunteer dorm + really cheap hostels/hotels before this, so I was super excited that my bathroom had a closed in shower!
The general atmosphere is comfortable and the staff are very professional. My room was clean, and the roof-top restaurant is super nice. Zero complaints!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends.
Big comfortable rooms, clean and well equipped.
staff were very welcoming and helpful.
Good food, great location, near the beach and many great restaurants within a minute of 2 walk.
Staff went out of their way to help us organise rail tickets, day trips and point us in the right direction for hiring scooters..etc
Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ultreya2
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Excellent value accommodation in Nha Trang. Staff are welcoming and very efficient rather than friendly. They are very helpful in sorting out your travel needs. Rooms have everything you need although we did get some noise at night from thoughtless guests. Breakfast choices served on the roof terrace were a much higher quality than usual in this sort of hotel. There were also patisserie and ice cream choices available on the ground floor. Laundry was efficiently and cheaply processed on site and the hotel owned the excellent Vietnamese restaurant right next door. A good choice if Nha Trang is a place you want to stay - personally we couldn't wait to move on to the far better options further up the coast. Nonetheless this hotel deserves its favoured status with travellers.

Room Tip: Travel sorted by the staff was much cheaper than using travel agents locally and very efficiently so...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cooltravelling2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As soon as we stepped in, we felt at home. The girl at the reception was the warmest, bubbley person ive ever met. Her service was amazing! Gave us the tour and showed us a map where all the good stuff was to do around town before we even got our room. Breakfast was free before 11am and wow, the breakfast was also amazing. Extra services that were available to us was very convientient. Bike hire was a breeze and reccomended if youre brave enough to face the traffic. They will also be more than happy to organise plane tickets and hotels to your next destination. Private car to and from is also provided. Laundry was done very quickly too! The reception never forgot our names OR room numbers. The service was simply the best ever. I will deffinetly come back again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Orginally booked here for 3 nights but ending up staying for 4 due to the night trains being fully booked. Great hotel in a brillaint location just of the main raod and a 2 minute walk to the beach and the Sailing club. We stayed in a deluxe room at the front of the hotel with a balcony, room was a perfect size the only gripe being the safety box that only worked with the key and not the four digit code.
One of the best things about the stay were the staff who booked an extra night at the hotel sorted out our flight to Danang and our night train to Hanoi, also they provided us with breakfast for our early morning flight.
Would highly recommend staying here in Nha Trang close to everything, great breakfasts on the rooftop bar and for £25 a night a great bargain!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I arrived in a group of four to Nha Trang without any reservations. We told the cab the name of Ha Van because it was listed in our travel book and we thought we would find a place once we arrived in the city. When we stepped out of the cab, a very friendly staff was there to greet us, and within a minute we had committed to staying there for four days!
The ladies at the front desk were the most helpful of anyone I have ever met at a hotel! Everything that we wanted to do in Nha Trang, we could just book through the hotel and they gave us passes and we never had any problems!! They gave great recommendations on where to dive and what day trips were worthwhile. The staff at Ha Van really made the difference in our trip!
The rooms are beautiful. We had a first floor front facing room with a fantastic balcony! Our friends had the same room on the fourth floor and also loved it. Comfortable beds, great bathroom with lots of hot water. Air-con always worked and room service was great.
The breakfast here was included and some of the best breakfast I have had in Vietnam!! Their rooftop lounge is beautiful at night to hang out and have dinner or stay for a couple of drinks!
We loved every minute of our stay here and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Nha Trang! Great location in the centre of town!

Room Tip: get a room with a balcony! the big windows and fresh air are great!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Flamingosuites, Owner at Ha Van Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Madame/Monsieur,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel; we are extremely pleased that you had a good time with us. So many praises it almost makes us shy! It been a while that our hotel is among the top hotel of Tripadvisor (5 years in a row, well since we have opened) and our reputation only grows with time…thank you for that. Our hotel is not perfect but we always try to give our best to make sure that our guests will feel at home and secure with us.

I want to personally thank publically, our staff that makes it possible. We have one of the best team of any hotel (if not the best) in Vietnam and it makes us (my wife and me) very proud. One of the reviewer some time ago was asking why there is no ‘’big hotels’’ that came poaching our staff…well, I think the answer is that when your respect your staff, you give them independence, lax oversight, interesting working schedules and you give a salary that reward their hard work; well they will be faithful to you. So many big hotels, Western and Vietnamese make me ashamed to be a human…profit, profit and profit above all. This why they will never be able to poach our team…they can’t afford it! They do not have the values that drive the Ha Van Hotel.

I know my staff will read this reply…so learn it from here first; Yên and I will raise your salaries soon; you have deserved it more than I can't possibly express!

Have a good day!

PS. One of our receptionists, Miss Hanh just married! All my best wishes to the happy couple!

Nicolas
Your ''boss'' (haha) that misses you all…I am coming back soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We chose this hotel based off the photos and reviews. And this hotel did not disappoint! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

PROS:
-email communication with the owner during the booking process was prompt, professional, and friendly.
-location- about a ten minute walk to beach, and right in the mix with all the restaurants
-receptionists!- these ladies were outstanding in their customer service. They spoke great English and were so friendly... and helpful in booking tours, making recommendations, sorting out taxis, you name it.... We were very impressed.
-comfortable bed and clean room
-free breakfast on the rooftop that was DELICIOUS!!!
-"welcome drink" voucher for the rooftop bar- a simple and brilliant gesture!!
-free wifi
-cost for room- (we stayed in one of the rooms with a balcony, $34- choice room!)
-I know I'm forgetting something else...... :)

CONS: NONE!!!

Suggestions: Renting out beach towels...

We would definitely stay here again. The price is incredible for the quality of everything you get.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple