“Beach side luxury at very reasonable price”

InterContinental Nha Trang
Ranked #4 of 204 Hotels in Nha Trang
Maroochydore, Australia
“Beach side luxury at very reasonable price”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We arrived in Nha Trang on the 30th June after a short flight from Saigon. The journey from the airport to nha trang took around 30 mins. We had arranged a transfer which was good as it was one less thing to haggle over. The hotel itself was only completed in March 2014 and as we were honeymooning they upgraded us to the king deluxe suite which had views over the pool, beach and city! The room was simply fantastic. Large, spacious, clean with everything you would expect in a 5 star hotel. The staff greeted us by name and were so helpful and always ensuring we were happy.

The breakfast which was included was quite amazing. So much choice, from western to Vietnamese and something to take time over. My wife has am allergy to gluten which they catered for without hesitation. Their Vietnamese coffee was delicious. Staff are super friendly.

This is in no way of a complaint but there was a small amour of construction noise on one day of our stay which was to be expected as there is still some building work going on but it wasn't obstructive.

The location across from the beach is perfect and everything is within walking distance. The concierge service is excellent and we had a cyclo tour of nha trang. Tip for the traveller, take plenty of water, a hat and ask the cyclo driver to put the shade up. The nha trang heat in July is intense to say the least.

Don't hesitate to book this hotel, it's great and the breakfast is of champions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rakesh j
pcaubo, General Manager at InterContinental Nha Trang, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear rakesh j,

It is wonderful to hear that you had such a pleasant stay. On your honeymoon you should feel special and be pampered. It sounds like we were able to meet your expectations.

Our kitchen and restaurant team will be excited to read your good comments about our breakfast, they want to make it the best in town.

Have a great continuation of your journey and please visit us again.

Best regards,
Pascal Caubo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Very comfortable rooms. Relaxed atmosphere throughout the hotel. New and stylish. The ocean view rooms however are subject to early morning noise due to the locals hitting the beach around 6 - 7 am. Would recommend a room at the rear of the hotel if you're a light sleeper. Wifi a bit slow at times. Staff seem to be friendly and helpful. All in all a hotel worth returning to.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
pcaubo, General Manager at InterContinental Nha Trang, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear megaworldasia360,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion online. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in our InterContinental Nha Trang.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a very new hotel, it had only been open about 1 month when we stayed. The room was nice, overlooking the ocean but obviously we had paid for this. Location is good and the breakfast is great (it has something for everyone!).

I felt the swimming pools were lacking behind some other 5* hotels in Asia, the pools are all quite small and had screaming kids everywhere (including the adult pool). On the beach you have only 10 sets of umbrellas and sun beds so if the hotel is running anywhere near capacity then forget trying to get a bed. The IC beach guys tried their best and laid some mats out for us but in that sun it was impossible to stay longer than 15 mins. Beach bar is actually not existent, they run to the main hotel to get your drinks so forget sitting at a beach bar and watching the sunset.

On arrival we had to wait about 30mins for the room key although it was already after the official check in time. I did not mind, I knew they were a new hotel. Whilst waiting in the Lobby there was ice tea and small savoury snacks on offer. My partner went and got us a glass of tea and a small plate of snacks. As this was in the middle of the Lobby we made the assumption that these were free, given its a top 5* hotel, the snacks were minimal, no staff around and neither any signs on the table. However after one bite into the snacks a waiter came and we were asked to pay I think around USD10. I said sorry, didnt know they were for sale and that I don't want to pay. So they took the plate away and no doubt threw the food in the rubbish. This was not a nice feeling as we were treated like we had somehow stolen the food, but actually just an honest mistake in thinking the services of this hotel were higher than they actually are. It seems these snacks are only for certain guests with some sort of membership, which is fine, but please make this clear.

Overall it was a good stay but some critical areas of improvement need to be made with time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear the_beach86,

Thank you for sharing your comments. As we have been open for over three months now, I understand you stayed with us more than two months ago.

We take note of your comments about the snacks in the lobby and will work on a plan to improve on this till our Club InterContinental lounge is operational.

I am glad to share with you that we have progressed since two months ago. As the beaches are public in Nha Trang, umbrellas etc require a license in order to place them on the beach. As of this week we are adding more umbrellas on the beach! We would very much like to have a bar as well on the beach and hopefully we can realize this soon.

I am pleased to hear that you had a good overall stay and hope we can welcome you back again to experience our changes.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This hotel is being operation for just three months and has one of the best interiors I have seen .Staff is extremely polite ,helpful and courteous led by Sergey ,Guest manager.Breakfast is lavish with enough variety to suit everyone's taste.hotel is very much centrally located on Tran Phi street right opposite Beach with plenty of eating place around.Mall and night market are nearby for those who like to shop .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank chhatwalks
Orlando
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Being an American born Vietnamese, English is by far my most dominant language, so when I spoke to the staff in Vietnamese, they seemed to not understand what I was saying at all, and then they respond with English barely understandable English. This isn't the worst of your problems here though, as the staff seems very forgetful. I had asked for an HDMI cable to be brought to my room so my cousins and I could watch a movie, they, at first, brought me the wrong cable, then when I go downstairs to tell them, they tell me to go back upstairs and they would "get back to me" on whether or not they had the cable. After 30 minutes of not hearing from the staff, I call them up and they respond with "Okay, I will tell our engineering department to see if they find the cable and we'll get back to you in a couple minutes". After an hour of waiting, everybody had already fell asleep waiting for the cable, then I go downstairs to tell them this, and their reponse was "we had already called the room to tell that we don't have the cable", which was a complete lie as I had been sitting next to the phone the entire time. The saving grace of this hotel, is the cleanness and organization, which was decent, however I would not recommend this hotel until they improve their English and quality of their staff.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank VinceNguyen9
pcaubo, General Manager at InterContinental Nha Trang, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear VinceNguyen9,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about our hotel.

I apologize for the delay and misunderstanding of providing the HDMI cable. We strive to have our guests have a seamless experience and apologize for not meeting your expectations for your stay.

I would like to ask you to contact me in person so I can arrange all for your next visit when you would like to return.

Kind regards,

Pascal.caubo@ihg.com
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in June 2014. Would highly recommend this hotel for its convenient location, great service and outstanding breakfast. Having watched my native Socceroos succumb to RVP and the Oranje, I struggle to think of a better place to feel this disappointment.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
pcaubo, General Manager at InterContinental Nha Trang, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Hecpas,

As an Oranje supporter I can understand how you feel. However I enjoyed watching the match together and appreciate your comments about our hotel, especially our breakfast.

Hope you will return soon.

Singapore
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Just got back after a short weekend in Nha Trang. Stayed at the InterContinental Nha Trang. The check in was very quick and while the hotel is only 3 months old, the staff was quite knowledgeable. I received a welcome drink in the Lobby before being escorted to the room by Sergey, the Guest Relations Manager who did a great job at explaining the hotel and rooms facilities. As an Ambassador member, I received an upgrade to a Deluxe Room facing the sea. the room was very spacious and had all the modern facilities including bluetooth sound system which is really nice.

I also must mention the very attentive service of Linh from Guest Services, who provided us with great recommendations for restaurants and attractions. It was nice to receive such attentive service, especially in my native French Canadian language as she studied in Quebec. We took the time to visit the few places she had recommended and we were not disappointed.

We also had the chance to meet the Hotel Manager, Mr Laurent who also went out of his way to ensure we had a pleasant stay. Great to see the presence and attentiveness of the staff.

The hotel is also very well located by the beach, and between the tourist areas and a short walk away the main city centre and market to experience more local and authentic sights.

Fantastic hotel and I won't hesitate to stay again to experience the few facilities that weren't opened yet (Club InterContinental Lounge and Spa). The pool was opened though and is a great spot to relax.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank M B
pcaubo, General Manager at InterContinental Nha Trang, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Michael_Belanger,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the InterContinental Nha Trang. Our team is very proud of our hotel and I am glad to read that you experienced this.

Our Club Lounge should be open in Q4 and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,