“Awesome....”

Ranked #2 of 194 Hotels in Nha Trang
Sydney, Australia
“Awesome....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

Just came back from a 3 day visit here. It was amazing. Service and hospitality is first class. Attention to detail from all the staff is impeccable. The resort just has a real friendly and feel good vibe about it.

Stayed in a hilltop villa , though a bit of a walk, the view was superb. Especially looking from within your private little pool.

Breakfast buffet was a simply sensational spread. Western and asian foods superbly presented. Great start to the day.
Also lounging by the pool with lunch and getting complimentary feet massages, simply a great way to relax.

The spa was offering 30% off for packages and we took advantage of this. Had a wonderfully relaxing treatment.

Also enjoyed some kayaking, swimming, badminton. Loved riding around the resort on our bikes as well. We also did the secluded beach lunch. Picked up a lobster and it was a wonderfully prepared spread served up by 2 chefs at the beach. We asked for beach lounges and they had someone from the resort ship it over to us, now thats service!

No request is too big and your personal butler will go out of your way to assist you. My gf needed contact lens solution and our butler Nghia came through for us (as non were available at the resort)

They also had a complimentary drinks by the jetty evening in which guests were able to mingle with staff which i thought was a great touch.

Be prepared to pay western prices but hey, you're at a luxury resort and everything is first class.

Just a tip, make sure you bring sunscreen and use the complimentary insect lotion in your villa. Apart from that, an experience I wont forget for a long time...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tu C
sixsensesninhvanbay, EAM at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Dear Tu C,
It was indeed a pleasure to have you stayed with us at Six Senses Nin Van Bay and it was such delight to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our property and that you were well taken care of by our team.

We are delighted to note that our level of service and quality of food has met with your satisfaction and I would like to thank you for your positive comments on our hosts and I will personally relay to the team and I am certain that this act as a great source of motivation for the team and will continue to achieve higher standards in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the Six Senses Ninh Van Bay in not distant a future.
Garry Chan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
new orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

This was a wonderful experience from the greeter and the airport, transportation to the resort and the excellent service by our butler, Sugar, and the other staff. Originally booked in a spa suite, we decided on a beach villa after seeing our friend's upon arrival. Sugar immediately checked on the availability and was able to get one prepared for us next to our friend's. Within a few hours it was ready. Our patience paid off as we were so happy to be right on the beach and could go from the private pool to the ocean in minutes.

The two story beach villa was beautiful. My friend decided to sleep upstairs in the unairconditioned part. The weather was so pleasant and breezy that is was comfortable. I stayed below in main bedroom. This room had an AC and door that can be closed to maintain the temperature. I used the pillow menu and Sugar brought my special ordered pillows. So glad to have a buckwheat neck roll which I mostly used at the pool side lounge chairs. Sugar also got us an IPOD connection so we could play our music over the surround sound system in the villa even in the bathroom. In our room was a lovely fruit plate and complimentary bottle of champagne and two still waters. The mini bar had additional beer, soda and water. There was also a tea kettle and coffee pot.

The food at the resort was superb with an endless breakfast buffet with everything to satisfy both eastern and western tastes. We stayed two nights and ate upstairs at the poolside restaurant, at the dining room by the bay and had a private wine/cheese experience in the wine cave for one dinner.

I tried the Vietnamese hairwash treatment at the spa with a facial. It was fantastic. If you have never experienced this you must while you are here. It is unlike any shampoo you have ever had. Think scalp massage and reflexology plus deep conditioning.

Our butler, Sugar, who has been mentioned a lot of trip advisor, lived up to her good reputation. She was a hard worker and always there for us. She took us by golf cart to the dining room, returned us afterwards and made sure our check out went smoothly. She also made sure every need and whim was taken care of. Just outstanding service.

The linens are superb and the baths had extra large, fluffy towels plus face, hand towels and robes. The only bad part was that I never seemed to get hot water for the shower and bath. I think if we were staying any longer we would have complained, but after being in the sun all day it was refreshing to take a cool shower or bath. The villas had all the amentities for bathing plus insect repellent. We didn't see any mosquitoes, but did see a few millipedes on the floor crawling about. There was a broom to sweep them away. With so much of the villa open to the fresh air you are bound to get some creepy crawlys. Just be prepared.

The villas also came with a large safe which is wise to use due to the open nature of the villas. The resort seems to be isolated on the island, but better safe than sorry.

Each villas had bicycles for use complimentary. Just be careful if you try to ride on the sand right beside the villa as I almost wiped out. Best to ride on the trails that the golf carts go on.

The gift shop has a tailor on duty and you can get custom made clothing made in about two days. Again we didn't have time to use this service, but did find some ready made clothing to fit. The spa's gift shop had some beautiful white linen items, but the style I liked didn't fit me.

Overall it was heavenly and I kept asking my friends to pinch me for it was so beautiful.

Room Tip: If you want to be on the beach then beach villas it is. If you like to snorkel, choose water villa...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear zoesmom2,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent experience with us at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay. It is so delightful and great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I will surely share this message with Sugar in particular and the rest of the team, whom I know will be equally as thrilled as I to read these wonderful comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Six Senses Ninh Van Bay or any perhaps any other Six Senses property soon.
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

This place is heaven on earth. The staff are attentive and very helpful and the s\environment is fantastic. Food is good. Activities are too highly priced.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear claytonMelbourne,
It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing it here on Trip Advisor. Thank you for highlighting the activities however some of the excursion are organized by a third party such as diving, nevertheless we are reviewing the prices from time to time to ensure they meet our guest’s expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Six Senses Ninh Van Bay soon.
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Usually this is far out of my budget - but if you can afford, I cannot imagine anything better...I was there on invitation: a huge bungalow next to the rocks above the sea, an additional daytime-pavillion bigger than an usual bungalow of a 5star resort, a private pool, direct access to the sea, lots of privacy and a own butler who will serve you 24 hours... a nice restaurant with a great chef ready to cook even on individual request, using self grown veggies and herbs from the resort's garden, fresh fish and meat he gets at the local market of Nha Trang, lobster from the local breaders... great (french) wines - well, luxury at it's best!
I only put 3 points on value, as to me spending so much for a holiday is simply too much...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear vie4you,
Firstly, thank you for being here at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay to experience our eco-friendly villa over the water. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed thoroughly your villa and the service experience and thank you for sharing it here on Trip Advisor. We
look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

...little bit more care that I received in Oman. Six senses resorts are the best places you could spend your holiday in, and also this one is really astonishing. the beach is simply fantastic, the look over the bay can really take your breath away. nice warm water. a lot of beautiful crabs, quietly walking on the beach, this is the perfect place to relax. just one single thing is that I expected a little bit more attention by our butler, who was absolutely nice but not that spontaneously kind as our oman one was! anyway... I had a cooking class and the chef was so nice and helped me prepare a lot of very yummy things to eat. food was simply delicious!!!! we spent 5 days with our 3 kids (1, 4 and 9). with a baby stroller the place is not so convenient, would not suggest it to a mom spending a holiday alone with a baby. not suggested to those who can get really mad at bugs or other insects. (my husband does a little bit, but I think it makes the place very natural!!!). dinner on the beach is a must do and also the spa is really nice! would definitely return there.

Room Tip: spent the holiday in villa n 6. very good location as it is halfway to the restaurant and the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank worldseeker79
Dear worldseeker79,
Thank you so much for writing such a great review of your recent stay. It was always our pleasure to look after you and I'm delighted to learn that we have created such wonderful memories for you. With regards to the butler service, we would like to apologise that we did not live up to your expectation and we will assure you of our best personal Butler service on your next return at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Pelham, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

Why isn't this resort #1 ranked in Nha Trang? This was an experience I will never forget for the rest of my life. First of all the service was impeccable. I had my own butler to attend to whatever I needed. I arrived by private transfer and all along the way staff were there to greet me at the airport, take care of me before boarding the boat, and welcome me to the resort when i got there. It wasn't so much that it was done, but how it was done. I arrived early, and so my room wasn't ready. Nevertheless, An, my butler, let me check into another villa, the beach villa, to use until my room was ready. When I did move my villa was far away and hard to get to. Nonetheless An came to my villa at 2 am when I needed ice because I had hurt myself. He even offered to get a doctor. To get to my villa which was secluded which i liked you had to go up and down a lot of stairs. The assistants carried the luggage which was heavy the entire way.The property is heavenly. The first villa which I checked into was a beach villa. It has direct access to the beach. The water is warm and the sand soft not rocky. My villa was a water villa. It was out on the rocks from where you had a ladder to go right into the water to snorkel. Each were beautiful in their own way. All are decorated in the spirit of blending with nature, and each have an outdoor shower and infinity pool. You really feel like you're on an island getaway. There are hiking trails, kayaking, snorkeling, diving, excursions (they put together my own custom trip), spa (there's a vietnamese massage you can try), and other things to do. But the best part is just to enjoy your villa and RELAX.

Room Tip: Ask for water villa with rocks #5. It's the best one. Or pick a Beach Villa if you're a be...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank sixweeksoff
Dear sixweeksoff,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us on Tripadvisor and your kind words. I agree that this was indeed once in a lifetime experience to be in such an eco-friendly ambiance to relax. It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay here at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay and your appreciation for An in particular and the rest of the team who had provided you the service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in not too distant a future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Visited with my wife, 4 year old and my parents. We stayed here for 3 nights. Took a beach villa and one Hill top villa. The resort is extremely peaceful with great privacy incase you are looking for peace and quiet. The staff very cordial. Breakfast has a great selection, we did try a barbeque at the beach villa too and it was well organized by the F&B team. butler Thai and GM WAyne Lunt deserve a special mention because of the extremely cordial welcome they give the guests.
Definitely expensive, but surely worth the hype. If you are looking to treat yourself to some luxury and are willing to splurge a bit,it is definitely money well spent !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear MarioB76,
Warm greetings from Six Senses Ninh Van Bay!
We thank you for having chosen Six Senses Ninh Van Bay as your holiday resort and we are delighted to read that you overall, had spent some good time with us. I will convey to Butler Thai and GM Wayne’s your very high regards for them. By the way, Wayne had just completed his tenure as General Manager early November 2011 and had moved on to a new career venture. We all at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay will definitely be missing him.
Once again many thanks for the wonderful comments and we only look forward to welcoming you back at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay soon.