“Great decision!!!!!!!”

RipTide NT Homestay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nha Trang
RipTide NT Homestay
Ranked #14 of 167 Specialty Lodging in Nha Trang
Melbourne, Australia
“Great decision!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I still can't recall how I found Rip Tide when I was searching for accommodation in Nha Trang - maybe it was meant to be!?! Anyway I have been to Nha Trang before and wanted something different to the normal touristy hotel. What I found is an absolute gem. The house is tucked away in a wonderful local neighbourhood where you get lots of smiles from the locals. Especially from a lady who sold me a 7000 dong bottle of water. I thought I gave her a 10000 note and told her to keep the change - I later realized it was 100000. Every time I walked past her face lit up...anyway the rooms are very comfy and have AC and TV. Walking distance to amazing restaurants and a 5 minute taxi trip to tourist area. Our host Mai made us feel like family. She cooked a beautiful breakfast for us every morning and is simply a beautiful interesting woman who can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable. The roof is a great spot for a beer and to listen to the local unique noise of the neighborhood. The highlight of the trip was a one day motorbike tour that the owner Owen had organized for us prior to arriving. One of the most enjoyable days I have experienced traveling. During the tour i somehow ended up at a wedding reception in a remote village. Before I new it, i was on stage in a beer drinking competition, while dancing, in front of 200 clapping guests. Just one highlight of many. Anyway take a chance and stay here. I hope to be back. Thank you Mai.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank shaggytown
RipTideHomestay, Owner at RipTide NT Homestay, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your reviews and positive comments. We will continue to offer a truly unique experience to those that are looking for "real" Vietnam.

Owen

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
pgh, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Owen and Mai have transformed their modest home into a great homestay experience. With all the amenities of a nice hotel. Expanding the existing home has not affected the local landscape. Tucked in amongst the locals its great. Owen still offers some of the best "off the beaten track" motorbike's tours to great out of the way areas. Mai is now offering Vietnamese cooking classes for those interested. The rooftop lounge is fantastic for unwinding at the end of the day. Looking for something different on your Viet Nam vacation? Here it is.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo