“Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 190 Hotels in Nha Trang
sydney
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

We were a family group of 9 so had 3 mountain view rooms. All were outstanding- very well appointed with little luxury trimmings and a chocolate on your pillow each evening!
The resort was very empty when we were there except for a few Russian guests but it was great to be able to escape the crowds and have a a haven to relax in. The pool was a favourite with the kids(16.12.10.&9 years) . They also loved the free use of the water park and theme park - could not believe that there were no queues and each evening had a few roller coater rides before dinner. They spent hours there until exhausted-just as good as the theme parks in Queensland but no people!
The trip to Nha Trang was 5 minutes by speed boat and a $AUS 2.50 taxi ride or 15 minures by cable car and then the taxi. We went in most evenings for dinner. We also hired a wooden boat to go snorkling and to visit a fishing village for the 9 of us for $us10 each for the day . We could go anywhere we wanted to and it included a large lunch at a restaurant, fruit and water. They then dropped us back to the Resort in the afternoon.
We did not find the price of drinks ,coffee (good Latte at the beach bar) or lunch snacks too expensive ,however we did buy our bottled water when in town. It is a 5 star resort and probably pricey for Vietnam but not when compared to other 5 star resorts around the world.
The breakfast was amazing everything you could want. We did have massages, a haircut and pedicure all great. We enjoyed our 5 days at Vin Pearl Land and it re-energised us to continue on our tour of Vietnam.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
ath, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

I visited with my husband the Vinpearl Resort & Spa in Nha Trang in April 2009. We have found this resort from the internet and Trip Advisor reviews have helped in our choice. The place is unbelievable.. First of all, it is on an island, very secluded but at the same time so reachable, as they have cablecar (!) and speed boat connection to the mainland.
The resort has a private beach, which is very clean with fantastic shades and chairs, service for drinks and food and all kinds of water sports.
The pool is really enormous and very well designed. The resort has three restaurants, we tried all three, the food was very good. Our room was cleaned perfectly every day and was practically on the beach - we stayed on a beachfront room. The room and the bathroom are very big with all amenities, the only little thing I can say is that it is not decorated well, at least to our taste, which is something subjective. It could be better looking. But still we had a huge bed, flat screen TV, etc.
We have not visited the amusement park that the island has, as we don't have any children and we preferred to stay on the beach all day and really relax.
One thing we must mention especially is how well organized they were concerning our pick up with private car from the airport and vice versa. Nothing to worry about. Evry member of their staff on duty, knew who we were, where are we going, etc. and all the transfer (of us and our luggage) was perfectly orchestrated.
We will definitely go back to Vinpearl in our next vist to Vietnam and we strongly recommend it to couplease that need to relax, swim, have a great time on a beautiful resort.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BacosAth
Shizuoka, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stayed at Vinpearl for 3 nights at the end of our family vacation in Vietnam. We wanted rest and relaxation and some fun for our three and one year old. I was hesitant to stay there the entire vacation, and this was a great resolution for us. After experiencing real Vietnam, it was nice staying at Vinpearl.
Hotel: Customer service was excellent. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. Everyone we encountered from front desk (each were given a large glass of cold apple juice), boat drivers (would personally pick the kids up and put them on the boat), to restaurant servers were kind to us and our two children. Granted, the prices at the resort were more than if you were at a normal place in Nha Trang, but not more than what you see in America. The alcohol was the only dissapointment. What a mai tai, daquari, or long island is in America it isn't in Vinpearl. That was our only dissapointment. We noticed that there are so many workers on the island, we wouldn't be surprised if it were 10 employees to 1 hotel guest while we were there.
The hotel pool was beautiful. We kept to the kiddie pool where there was a big boat for kids to climb in and up on. Two slides coming down. Our kids were in heaven. We liked the service too, as soon as we'd plop our stuff on chairs we'd be given towels for each of us. Same goes for going out to the beach.
The rooms were real nice. Clean, huge bathrooms, and even our beds were turned down each evening. My favorite part, we got 4 pillows instead of the standard two.
Food: The breakfast buffet was wonderful, something for everyone. The mango was a particular favorite. We went to the beachcomber (at the pool overlooking the beach) nearly every day. It was convenient with our little ones and was the only place at the resort that serves dinner before 6pm. All the food was excellent, in particular the seafood pizza and fried spring rolls with plum sauce. At the end of our stay we found several restaurants down by the adventure park. Great mojitos and Vietnamese beef salad!
Waterpark: You take a short tuk tuk ride from hotel to the waterpark and use your room keys to get into the park. Since it was the off season, certail slides are open for a designated amount of time then close down for the other slides. The space hole was pretty cool for those daring enough to try. We spent most of our time at the kiddie pool. There were three water slides for younger kids that were lots of fun. Two other slides were never turned on. Then lots of small slides for toddlers.
Adventure Park: It's a short ride from the hotel to the adeventure park; again use your room keys to enter. There you can take the cable car (for free as hotel guest) back to Nha Trang. It's about 15 minutes each way. Or, you can ride roller coasters or go to the game room. Again since it was off season only select rides were on for about an hour then the others open up. Not too many rides for toddlers, just the merry go round and the elephant ride. Otherwise it's more for the older kids. The game room has a wide variety of games; bumper cars, karaoke, racing games, shooting games, horse games, a blow up rock climbing wall, a toddler room full of toys, and an enclosed jungle gym area for little kids. It was great for the one morning it rained. The kids really loved it, and we loved it since everything was free.
You can take a walk past all the shopping stores and find your way to the aquarium. We've been spoiled living in Monterey, CA so this aquarium is just ok for us. But, it was still fun to see. We showed up at feeding time which was entertaining seeing all the fish, sharks, stingrays darting around. The neatest thing to the aquarium is the long moving walkway through the tunnel. It's fun.
Kiddie Korner: Ahhh our favorite place. If you have kids 4-12 years old you can get free babysitting. Younger is $5 an hour. Well worth it if you want to have a bit of alone time while on vacation. The place is huge with toys, tvs, art, castle bed, and nearly one on one care. They were great!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

We enjoyed our time at Vinpearl, which we think well deserves its 5 stars rating. The food was very good. The Hotel rooms were very clean and nice, even though they could be a little larger. The location was excellent for those who want to escape from the noise and pollution elsewhere in Vietnam, even though some may find the speed boats and cabble cabs to be somewhat inconvinient. The air and beach quality are excellent. The service was excellent as well. The staffs were friendly and courteous. I did not find them to be "tip seeking". I was quite impressed when the Hotel staff took their time and the inconvience to go from the city back to the Hotel room and bring me the camera battery and charger that I left on the wall, so we would not miss our flight to central Vietnam. I hope that the manager of Vinpearl will give their staff a raise for this quite exceptional service (its was on Feb 4th 2009).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

We stayed at the Vinpearl for 4 nights in Feb 09. The staff were friendly, food was good and restaurant prices were less than what we expected from a 5 star hotel, well expect for bottled water ($6.5 AUS for 1.5 ml bottle yeek!) We had a pool to ourselves as we stay away from the main pool. Rooms lovely, we had a garden view as we just could not afford the ocean view! Breakfast buffet was awesome, loads to do on the island, some with additional costs others not. Easy to get on and off the Island with either cable car or speed boat (much faster) I would stay here again for some resorting

Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank maiseyh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2009

I was very disappointed with my stay at Vinpearl resort and spa in Nha Trang Vietnam. My parents and sisters have all stayed there on separate occasions and have given it high ratings so it was a must stay on my list of things to do in Vietnam.
The views was beautiful however i found the reception staff to be average to below average on customer service. They were definitely not obliging and did not provide a service with a smile. The general attitude was "tip me if you want good service" which proved to me they did not deserve a tip.
Vin Pearl does not earn the star rating or the price tag. I will not stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — the bed was very comfortable
  • Disliked — the customer service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank DAustralia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2009

My sisters and I had stayed at the resort before on seperate occassions (mine - 4 yrs ago) & we have all raved on and on to everyone about the resort, cleanliness & super service of everyone on the resort.
On my recent trip I saw how much everything has changed. It got bigger and the service went downhill. I was surprised, considering it was a huge resort with many restaurants and a theme park, that no one on check in offered to brief us about the resort's facilities.
I must commend all the speedboat transporters, the tuk tuk drivers and girls working in the kids centre. Staff at Reception -well you get attitude and eye rolling, and few staff at different times bad mouthing guests!
I would have said my 2 night stay was average, however on my 2nd last day I misplaced my sunglasses - either by the pool or in the spa resort. This trip became a nightmare.
When I went to report this and check lost and found in my building (deluxe building), I was brushed aside & sent to the executive building where they would call and relay the story. When I walked over I had to tell them everything again (no one called) & they tried to send me back to the building I was staying at. I ended up insisting that the managers of both buildings see the handwritten msg that I reported lost sunglasses, the brand and a drawn picture and brief discription. I advised that i would be checking out at 11am the following day, so that if the sunglasses could not be found, I request a report be filed that I had lost my sunglasses. I advised both ends of my room number and I would check again the following morning. I was told that the manager on duty in my building would file such a report if it could not be located by check out.
The follwing morning, the new staff on knew nothing. I asked to speak directly to the manager Mr Khoa and he refused to write a report saying he cannot be sure I lost them. He would have to call the police - I aggreed as long as they came within the hour as I still needed to pack and check out. I ended up walking off to the executive building and the Manager Mr Nhat told me they will do a final check with security and not to worry as a simple report that I lost it would be okay for them to write up.
I went to my room to pack up. Mr Khoa called to say I must go to the mainland police station to file a report as they would not call the police to come on the island. I told him Mr Nhat was writing a report and it was not necessary. I got another call back frm mr Nhat a couple of mins later to say he could not write a report & I would have to go to the police station (half an hour before check out).
THe managers could clearly see that I needed to leave for the airport to make my flight and there was not enough time to file a report with the police. I was furious that they did not advise me earlier that the pool and spa resort is classed as public (clearly not! as to get on the island it requires a huge security check - passport photo ID). I explained that the loss was my fault, it was not the hotel, I was not claiming the hotel liable or any staff stole it but just to acknowledge in writing that I lost it, checked lost and found and it was not located.
I was livid that they did not tell me this policy the night before so I could file a report with the police on the mainland rather than 30mins before check out. And whilst I was soo angry I was told to wait, I waited for Mr Khoa to come out, then Mr Khoa told me to wait for Mr Nhat and Mr Nhat told me to wait for another manager... this wasted a good 30mins. With all the managers out, they ended up raising their voice and insinuating that this could all be made up and the police could only be the one to investigate if it was actually lost or not!! [--] RIDICULOUS!! By the way, the note I wrote the night before could not be found. I suspect even if the police came out, the hotel would pay them enough to make it go away! Corrupt!
I left very displeased! Thankfully I am back in Australia and our policies are better! My insurance company understood that hotels do not want to acknowledge this sort of thing and often do try to push things until just before leaving so you have to decide whether it is worth missing your plane for.
In the end, the treatment , arguing and time wasting from the managers was more traumatising than losing my Chloe sunglasses.
Its an absolute shame, because this resort can go back to how it was under better management, but I will NEVER be back.

• Liked — Unlimited access to theme park for hotel guests
  • Disliked — Overall service from reception
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank Sophia Q