“Great time in Vietnam”

Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort
Ranked #21 of 215 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We just recently returned from Vinpearl in Vietnam after a 5 night stay. The resort was beautiful and the service level was extremely high. The grounds were very picturesque and the weather was superb. The aquarium was interesting and well worth a look. We spent a day at the watermark and our 11 yr old loved it. Be warned the times for each ride vary, as does times for the wave pool. Some rides are only opened for a few hours in the morning or afternoon.
The buffet was extensive with a huge array of different foods not much western influence though.
Be aware that the deluxe rooms are quite small we had an extra bed in ours and it made it very cramped.
The rooms were clean and well maintained.
One thing this family resort is lacking is a laundry. The cost of laundering clothes through the resort is expensive and the only other option is to cart your clothes on the speedboat to Nha Trang.

Room Tip: Book a room in the executive building if you want some space.
2  Thank Vicky B
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Vicky B,

On behalf of the entire staff here at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang I would like to thank you and your family for your recent stay with us. We are all very happy to read all of your kind words about the resort and service. Hearing that your child had such a nice time at Vinpearl Amusement Park. I will post your comments for staff to see. As you mentioned about the room, If you want to have a room with an extra bed, I would advised a room in the Executive building of the resort, as they are a little larger than those in the Deluxe building. Thanks for your feedback regarding the operating times for some rides at Vinpearl Amusement Park and I will be bringing up with the management in place for consideration. Thank you again and we hope to welcome your family back in the near future.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We purchased a 5 night package through deals.com which was no more a bargain than going through a booking sight but I have not travelled extensively so am a cautious traveller! I think we paid a fair price and overall we had a fabulous stay, I would suggest 3 days is enough, some of the dislikes I had are personal such as the all inclusive food deal, I would never choose this as an option if possible, one reason being you are less likely to venture out and try different places and another is I don't like paying for others to be greedy and rude and this certainly was the case very often, which certainly detracts from a 5 star experience.
The rooms are pleasant, very small especially for 3, toiletries very average and so many rules in the hotel info and told so many times that we are staying in a five star hotel! Don't tell me if your not providing the service and making me feel like I am a five star guest!
Signs everywhere saying no nude or topless sunbathing but apparently G-string bathers are acceptable!
The beach is amazing, the pool is lovely - good luck getting served at the pool bar!
Amazing facial and massage at the Spa
Plenty to do at Vinpearl land, great fun
Kids club was great, good service, well equipped.
Laundry ridiculously expensive especially due to isolation.
Breakfast and dinner Buffett ok, but people do load up plates and take to table and do again. We only made it to lunch once and was amazed at how many people do the same at lunch too! Again not in the hotels control, just unpleasant human behaviour! Juice served at breakfast, only water tea and coffee with other meals and service very limited in the restaurant so getting a menu and ordering drinks was a challenge! If dining outside staff would stand and ignore you rather than open the door, I have never stayed somewhere that staff push past to go through doors first and don't hold doors for guests, it happened so often it wasn't just once or twice it was often and every day, the last day we were there it changed and staff began to assist with the door.
Beachcomber restaurant, nice food and drink, great service, lovely setting.
We had one staff assist us when returning to the hotel to carry our shopping to our room, he was polite, friendly and unfortunately his badge was a trainee badge so couldn't pass on to management and phuong who greeted us daily at meals, lovely, polite and friendly.
At times I found having to wait around for tuk tuk while 3 are sitting there a little frustrating, the cable cars were great, the speed boats good when we had shopping.
The deluxe hotel very average, the service very basic, but overall, we still had an amazing stay

Room Tip: I didn't see executive rooms or the luxury resort but I would research options. Deluxe rooms re...
3  Thank wozwise
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear wozwise,

We are very happy to read all of your kind words here about the beach, spa, amusement park and Kid’s club. I would like to say a sincere thanks to you for both your stay with us and for taking the time to share your impressions. We very much appreciate all of your feedback you put here as it helps us to improve the resort for our future guests. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back sometime in the near future if you get the chance. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the Vinpearl for three nights in May, and given we have stayed at similar resorts before there were no major surprise negatives except....please be careful in regards to booking via Agoda as we did - we tried to book for two adults and two kids which didn't seem to work. We emailed the Vinpearl to let them know we had two kids on the booking and we received no response, however on arrival had some disagreement with the manager on duty who had booked us as two adults only. Sorted eventually, though had to pay extra for the kids. The communication from the Vinpearl in the first place was probably the most disappointing part.

The resort itself is quite astonishing and certainly worth a stay to ride on the cable car and visit the amusement park and aquarium. We didn't get much out of the water and amusement parks as our kids (4 and 2) were a bit young for much of it. Enjoyed what we did see though.

Resort facilities are clean and well maintained, pool exceptional. They have strange rules posted about not using the pool after 6 pm (are we all children?) but nobody seemed to pay much attention to this, and my wife and I enjoyed evening swims. Pool is great for young kids as it has quite a few areas safe for them.

We found the buffet food generally pretty good - let's face it, if you expect gourmet fare at an all inclusive resort you're kidding yourself. We were all happy with the food and standard of service, especially a delightful lady named Mai in the main restaurant who really looked after our kids.

As many have pointed out, rooms are quite small and we were really squished in so I would suggest (and jumping in before the manager guy does) you book in the Executive rooms if you have more than two people in your family. We found rooms to be clean and tidy.

Russians! Lots of them visit the Vinpearl. Sorry to sound a tad racist, but we found them to be strangely cheerless and rude, not sure why they were on holiday to be honest. Hope they were all smiling by the end of it....

Alcoholic drinks outside of the meals package are quite affordable by resort standards ($6 for a Margarita, yay!). Service at the reception and 'business centre' is fairly average - we tried to get flights and train bookings arranged and English as well as lack of motivation were significant factors in our lack of success.

Overall, despite my average rating, it is worth staying at just for the interesting experience and we certainly found the food and service up to scratch. Just wish we could have sorted the room thing out better!

Room Tip: We had the ocean view deluxe - great for a couple and the view is magnificent. If you have kids, go...
2  Thank bradandlyndal

Dear bradandlyndal,

Let me take this opportunity to say thank you on behalf of the entire staff for your stay with us and for taking the time to share your impressions with the world. We were happy to read your great comments regarding the food, standard of service and especially Ms Mai. I truly appreciate all of your feedback and can understand the frustration you mentioned with the booking. I have already gone through this with the reservations team however there is no record of your email in our inbox. It is probably caused by technique error. If possible, kindly forward the email you sent to us so that we can have a technique check to avoid this can be happened again. If you could help us with this, I would greatly appreciate it. You can reach me at v.minhnv@vinpearlresort-nhatrang.com. Again, thank you very much for telling everyone about your stay and we hope we have the chance in the future to welcome your family back.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

So to be fair, I've actually just checked out of the vinpearl resort and waiting a few more hours until my husband and I take the tuk tuk to the speedboat. I really wanted to like this place, honestly I did! But it fell short on all sectors of what a five star hotel should be like! I know that some of the staff have tried but something needs to be changed here or they just need to advertise themselves as a three star so people won't be disappointed.

Let me also continue to say that this entire trip had been paid for as a gift so we really didn't have a reason to complain so much. It's a free trip after all... I looked forward to it despite the negative reviews I've read. Sigh. But here goes.

Our room was in the executive building- second floor with ocean views. The sunrises were breathtaking which was the only reason the rooms got an average rating. The rooms are incredibly small, filthy (with urine stains on the bed dirty-ill show pictures if requested), uncomfortable beds (one can feel the springs uncomfortable-had to call for some extra padding!), the covers and sheets are frayed at the edges, bird poop all over the balcony without the cleaning staff bothering to look once during the 3 night stay (same poop i swear!), the water doesn't go down in the shower so it overflows onto the floor-called to have them fix it but same problem so gave up, construction at 845am on a Saturday??? Worst of all- I got sick from the sea bass on the day I arrived. I had been puking and doing what food poisoned people do-I lost a whole 36 hours but with the help of some meds from their clinic, eventually recovered.

There's nothing to drink here. Alcoholic drink choices are abysmal and the waiters do not care to take your orders at the
beachcomber. We ended up going to the nha trang center to buy ingredients to make our own drinks.

I suppose it's good for families who do not want to worry about what to eat (as the three meals are included at the seaview) albeit a mediocre, not to temperature selection, and for people who are not particular about their accommodations but like to pay the price of an expensive hotel? I can't think of the positives besides the beach and the sunrises! Also, the free speed boats to the mainland and tuk tuk are convenient.

FYI there are some tours available at the tour desk. The girls are really nice but the tours are not. We unfortunately spent well over 7mil vnd on the tours. The island hopping VIP with snorkeling-the guide pressures you to pay for the scuba diving-after several refusals he called a boat at mun island and they lowered the price from $45 per person with pictures and 20 min diving to $35. Pictures didn't come out well but that's my fault. I wasn't taught to pressurize so I escaped to the top early. The second tour-the Iresort mud bath, mineral bath, and massage were good though. Worth the 1.7vnd per person maybe (VIP bungalow)-but don't pay 250,000vnd each way for the car service. Its basically a taxi- and looking at the meter I would have saved 60,000vnd each way if I grabbed a cab at the mainland. But it beats the vincharm spa at vinpearl luxury. Was just there- views are beautiful, massages are not.

I know I'm ranting. I really do hope that people who come here know what they're getting into. I would have loved to listen to the other reviews before coming here- it's not everyday one gets to have a holiday!

But for those of you who do go, enjoy the weather and the beautiful beach! It's a real one whereas the vinpearl luxury is a man made one.

If I do come back to nha trang (which I originally had planned on doing with our parents) it wouldn't
to vinpearl. Perhaps it's worth it to fish out a little more cash for a satisfying stay instead of a dismally disappointing one.

• Stayed: May 2013
10  Thank JayneC84
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear JayneC84,

Although I was happy to read some of your good comments regarding the views, beach, transportation services and helpful staff! I truly appreciate all of your feedback and can understand the frustration you mentioned. Let me give a most sincere apology especially for the fact that you fell ill during your stay. We make every effort possible to ensure the utmost safety standards regarding food cleanliness and proper cooking methods. Concerning some of the other areas you mentioned, I have already called a meeting to discuss these item by item to make sure that we continuously improve the quality of the resort for our honored guests. I would like to again express the sincere apologies from the entire staff at Vinpearl Resort and we hope we have the chance in the future to welcome you back. Thank you very much again!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a great hotel , the staff are wonderful, the food was good, the actual rooms were small though. They dont cater for 2 adults and 2 children in the one room which is a massive let down. We got around it but not what you would expect in a 5 star hotel. Other then the room being small the hotel has the water park and amusement park attached so there is unlimited fun to have.
Male sure you go through the week and not on weekends as the crowds are crazy on the weekends but through the week you virtually have the park to yourselves.

The hotel beach was beautiful and and very safe for the children

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are a must on the top floor Make sure you stay through the week its cheaper and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank daveandjoyce
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear daveandjoyce,

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to say thank you for staying with us and that we appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Of course we are overjoyed to learn that you were happy with the food, beach and especially staff! I will post your comments for the staff to see. All feedback and suggestions help us to make the resort even better and we truly appreciate them! As you mentioned, the actual rooms were small, I would recommend reserving a room in the Executive building of the resort, as they are larger than those in the Deluxe building. Thank you again and we hope to welcome your family back in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Our experience at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang was ok overall. The rooms and cleanliness are excellent in the executive building. However the extra bed was too short for me (as I am quite tall) and had to bring a chair to the foot of the bed to rest me feet on! The buffet provided a wide range from both western and Vietnamese cuisine. Facilities are great - swimming pool, beach, spa, fitness centre, business centre etc.

Laundry prices are expensive and charge per garment. If you require to do laundry, DO NOT do it at the resort. There is a laurndromat only a short speed boat and taxi ride away at 8 Biet Thu and they only charge 20,000VND/kg ($1/kg)!

The amusement park, water park and underwater world are nothing special. Not really much to see here and managed to do all three parks in one day. In fact, being on the island is quite strange as gives you a feeling of being in prison.

The guests are about 90% Russian. The resort appears to be built for Russians: swimming pool, beach & sun (which the don't get back home). Nordwind airlines even has direct flights to Nha Trang! I suppose it's not as exhilarating if you're from Australia as we already get that stuff.

Overall a great resort but there is no need to stay longer than a couple of nights here as you will soon run out of stuff to do, unless you're the kind of person who likes to relax and read a book by the pool.

• Stayed: April 2013
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear seanolry,

Thank you very much for both choosing us and for taking the time to share your impressions and feedback here. As we were happy to read your great comments regarding the rooms, facilities and cuisine, we of course wish we were able to have met every one of your expectations. We truly do encourage and appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can constantly improve service for people from all corners of the world. Again, thank you very much for your stay and valuable feedback!

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looked after so well whilst at Vinpearl! The tour desk was very helpful. Clean beautiful rooms. Amazing pools, beach and bar. Very relaxing experience. The aquarium on the island was very impressive not to mention the amazing golf course. All the staff were lovely and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Michelle_review,

Nothing makes us happier here at Vinpearl than to read comments like your own. It is the exact experience we wish to provide our distinguished guests and are overjoyed that we were able to do so for you. I will have your review posted on the staff board so that everyone can see the results of their hard work. We truly appreciate your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you very much again!