“Beautiful Resort, Beautiful Staff, Great for a family holiday.”

Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort
Ranked #20 of 208 Hotels in Nha Trang
Arnold
“Beautiful Resort, Beautiful Staff, Great for a family holiday.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looked after so well whilst at Vinpearl! The tour desk was very helpful. Clean beautiful rooms. Amazing pools, beach and bar. Very relaxing experience. The aquarium on the island was very impressive not to mention the amazing golf course. All the staff were lovely and extremely helpful.

• Stayed April 2013
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Michelle_review,

Nothing makes us happier here at Vinpearl than to read comments like your own. It is the exact experience we wish to provide our distinguished guests and are overjoyed that we were able to do so for you. I will have your review posted on the staff board so that everyone can see the results of their hard work. We truly appreciate your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you very much again!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We (2) stayed 5 days in april 2013. Upon arrival after booking a Grand Deluxe Ocean view (executive building), was on the 2nd floor which gave no view over the palm canopy - kindly upgraded to 3rd floor room. Bed comfort is 0. Extra feather toppers required for padding. I had to call house keeping again next day to change the entire bed linen, due to body odour, cig smell, human hair, and staining in all bed linen. Once I was able to communicate this too a supervisor it was fixed.
Apart from this hiccup to begin with, the rest of the resort, facilites, restaurants, transport and service was awesome. Vietnam airlines provide direct flights from Moscow and the resort was near full occupancy with soviets. The staff speak very minimal english but we all seemed to get by with a bit of sign language. The beach is wonderful, and was netted off to capture rubbish which winds had begun to wash up. The food options and quality in the buffet restaurant (3 x pday) was magnificent, and the food never ran out even with high occupancy (tour group). The beachcomber bar is idyllic spot for late afternoon drink although lacks a bit of atmosphere and was not well utilised by guests. There was entertainment each evening in the restaurant - piano, vietnamese trio, phillipino trio (great) and pool bar had latin type duet. The rooms are lack lustre - showing there age a little. Just seemed to lack comfort, walls are stark, no cushions or floor rugs or interior features which seemed to reduce its desireability for 5 star rating and as we had stayed at Vin Pearl Da Nang for 5 days prior, this room did not measure up at all. Bathrooms are VERY dark and have no natural light. I was told by reception that there were no room upgrade options in this resort. Presumably you would have too go to the luxury villas in another area. I was keen to see the golf course (for recommendation to others) but you have to book and pay for a tuk tuk to take you there. You do not have access to luxury area either, so unable to choose or recommend to others. An island tour should be optional to assist in promoting the resort and the features it offers. If you have children, the all inclusive cost of the resort is very good, however some areas of the parks only operate at certain times of the day i.e. water slide may run for one hour at 2pm 4pm and 6pm, but there is plenty to see and do and the children could be occupied all day with the total choices on offer. The downhill luge is great fun !!! if you dont get behind a slow one. Really well suited to a group of families holidaying together. Table tennis and pool table near pool bar, kids play equipment in pool, tennis courts etc. Pretty much all here for family fun holiday, but sun and relaxing beach and pools for older couples. The cable car or water taxi operates 1/2 hourly so access to mainland (10 mins) is quick.

Room Tip: execuitve building, above 3rd floor better choice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank julie g
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear julie g,

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to say thank you for choosing us here at Vinpearl for both your stays in Da Nang and Nha Trang and for taking the time to share your review with the world! Of course, we are disappointed and can understand the frustration you mentioned with the bed. I would like to personally apologize about that and will bring it up with the team at the house keeping. We truly appreciate your comments and all feedback really helps us to improve services for all guests. I also will bring up all areas that you mentioned with the management teams in place in these areas. Again, thank you very much for telling everyone about your stay and we hope we have the chance in the future to welcome you back to both resorts.

Nguyen Van Minh/Mr
Wellington
Reviewed April 15, 2013

There is nothing negative about this resort. The room is nice and clean. The restaurant has a large varities of food and the menu is changed every day. Though of course, it starts to be repeating after 4-5 days. The service is great and the staff is attentive from the moment they pick you up from the airport to the moment they drop you off (even though there is a fee to the transportation service). It is very useful that there are two beaches (one exclusive to hotel guests and the other is for anyone on the island). During our stay, there was a storm, so even though we cannot go to the sea/beach at the hotel, we can still go to the other one that was shielded from the wind/storm.
This is an excellent place to break yourself from the busy life to just wind down and relax.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Haka_Nguyen
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Haka_Nguyen,

Nothing makes us happier here at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang than to read comments like your own. It is the exact experience we wish to provide our distinguished guests and are overjoyed that we were able to do so for you. I will be posting your comments on the staff board so that everyone can see them. We truly appreciate your stay and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again sometime soon for another break from your busy life. Thank you very much again!

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Vinpearl is a very nice resort. The beach is very secluded and simply beautiful. I didn't use the pools but they always seemed clean and well maintained. If you have kids then the pools will offer plenty of opportunities to keep them busy and happy.

I need to clear out one thing. It might say the Vinpearl is a 5-stars-resort but it is no 5-stars place when you compare it to other well-known top notch hotels in Europe or North America. Don't get me wrong - the place is clean and the service is good - but don't expect a 5-stars hotel like those in London, Paris or Berlin. Vinpearl is a good place if you want to get a break but it won't blow your mind. The Beach is clean and beautiful and that is pretty much all you need to relax. The food is decent - it just gets boring after 2-3 days so I wouldn't recommend staying there too long

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank mnn77
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear mnn77,

We are very happy to read all of your kind words here and I would like to say a sincere thanks to you for both your stay with us and for taking the time to share your impressions. We truly appreciate your comments and all feedback really helps us to improve services for all guests. Again, we are so thrilled to have been a part of your holiday and are overjoyed that you had a great stay with us. Thanks again and we do sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you need to cancel this hotel, never ever try to contact the hotel by phone. I have called them and cancelled two weeks in advance, they have charged the full amount,saying 'no show'. They could check the phone record to find my number,but, they refused to do so. I could not get the name of the front staff, but I left my phone number and my contact. They have never contacted me during my so-called no- show time, even though they have my contact address and my phone number!! IAfter I found what happened, I did contact the maneger. She promised me to send a e-mail ;though, she did not contact me but called the travel agency to call me to say they would not return any my money(They had never ctried to contact me directly, but they had charged me full even before my suposed return date!!)

Never trust what the front staff says, make sure you ask to write it down. Forget English,
for it is so hard to understand their English!!
This is the worst hotel in my business life in the travel business!!!!
But, if you have children and want to play there, stay in the mainland and take a day-trip. So you do not need to expect any difficulties!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
10 Thank miho0501
VinpearlManager, Director of Sales at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear miho0501,

Thank you for your comments, and we deeply regret any inconvenience and misunderstanding in the handling of your reservation. To clarify, as our email sent directly to you on 04 Apr, your reservation was made via a tour operator.
As such, we were unable to process a direct cancellation, as the booking and payment are handled via the travel agent. At the time of your discussion with our hotel, we had advised you to contact your travel agent directly, who could than authorize the cancellation of your booking. Unfortunately, we did not receive a cancellation notification from the booking agent, and therefore your reservation was processed as a No-Show.
Unfortunately, it appears that there has been a miscommunication between us, and we regret that this situation has caused you inconvenience. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and customer care, and can ensure you that we have fully looked into the details of your situation and also have reviewed our procedures and internal communications to ensure that such a situation will not happen again to a future guest.
Please do contact your travel agent in regards to your reservation, and we can work with them to rectify the situation. We trust that we will be able to find a positive resolution on this matter, and hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family to Vinpearl in the future.”

Dang Dinh Viet/ Mr
Director of Sales
Singapore
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Meals

This is one of the few places I've been that provides every meal, all included in the hotel price. This is great for families with young children, as you don't have to worry about spending time to find suitable food places for them every meal time. Every meal is a wide spread of buffet, complete with at least 3 live stations... how sinful. Although it gets really crowded during peak season (we were there during Tet/ Chinese New Year), the food gets replenished really quickly, so no worries about not getting a popular item.

Pool

They have a few pools connected to form a long stretch of pool, a few hundred metres long. There are at least 2 yoga/aerobics/aqua aerobics activities everyday and the schedule is placed prominently when you walk towards the pool. Towels, floats and day beds abound. They also rent out balls for free for some water polo/ volleyball games. Really a great hangout place for the family.

Private beach

Vin Pearl hotel has their own beach! Not a long stretch, just around 300 metres but it is good enough. This private beach is extremely clean (obviously well maintained by the hotel), large circular day beds are lined up along the entire stretch and security guards are on watch. Once again, great for families!

Theme Park, Water Theme Park, Aquarium

All included if you are guests of the hotel. How much more worth it can it get?? Vin Pearl Island is a must go for families!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank maryyeo
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear maryyeo,

On behalf of the entire staff here, I would like to say thank you for your stay and let you know that we are elated to hear about what a great time you had. It is the exact experience we wish to provide our distinguished guests and are overjoyed that we were able to do so for you. We really could not be happier to hear that you had so many good things to say about the food, the pools, the beach and the amusement park. I will post your comments for the staff to see. We truly appreciate your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Thank you very much again!

Karachi
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited Vietnam in April 2012 and as part of the trip stayed for three nights in Vinpearl resort. We were greeted with cocktails at the main reception and then transferred by cable car to the resort. Our room was facing the sea and offered a very good view. The room was not that big, but had a nice balcony and all the basic amenities. We were on a full board package and since I was part of a large group, we had all you can eat in one of the restaurants for lunch and dinner. Considering that this is an isolated resort, the developers have added many attractions on the island which are all accessible for hotel guests through the magnetic key card. The beach is nice and clean. Other than that there is an outdoor amusement park with rides, indoor play area with a mini 3D cinema, underwater world, water park, shopping area and golf course. Every few minutes electric mini golf carts were available to transfer the guests to any of the recreation facilities on the island.

Families with kids might enjoy the stay more, however I didn't have mine accompanying on this trip.

Overall had a good experience, however I am not sure if I would come again. This seems to be one of those exotic places where you would like to go once, but unless there is something absolutely new on offer, you wouldn't want to try it again (there are many other better facilities in Thailand, Malaysia etc). The travel time (international flight to Ho Chi Min) and then a domestic flight, plus travel time from airport to resort is just too long to go for a second time experience. I think Vietnam is developing fast and in a couple of years will have many attractions for tourists to make it a regular tourist spot. Vinpearl will have to add some new unique attractions to attract recurring tourists.

Would definitely recommend to those who haven't been there, just for the experience!
Cheers!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank SuaveAli
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear SuaveAli,

We are elated to read all of the great things you had to say about the resort, facilities, service and our country as well! I would like to thank you on behalf of everyone here at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang for both your stay and for taking the time to share your review with the world! All feedback and suggestions help us to make the resort even better and we truly appreciate them! Again, we are so thrilled to have been a part of your holiday and are overjoyed that you had a great stay with us. Thanks again,