“Class and comfort”

Ranked #15 of 204 Hotels in Nha Trang
San Francisco, California
“Class and comfort”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed one night. Beautiful ocean view room. Decided to dine in with room service. Delicious meal reasonably priced. The beach across the street had comfortable lounge chairs with umbrellas but could have used more of them. Breakfast box to go was nice having to leave early to the airport. This is a professional well run hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Sandra Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very nice. The beds are comfortable, the bathroom luxurious and the view is good. However, the hotel is enormous which gave the whole place an unpersonal feel. Breakfast was nice but nearly stressful. I had to wait for a table and the staff even asked me if I wanted to sit with a stranger which I think is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. The buffet had long lines as well. It was also a pity that the skybar was still closed. All in all a fine hotel, but room for improvement.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, negotiate with the taxi drivers at the airport or get a specific airport taxi. 380k VND to hotel and 250k VND from. On the meter is treble the latter!

Our first room was on the 11th floor and we couldn't stay in it as the smell of fresh paint was too much. After an hours wait in the restaurant we were moved to the 31st floor and had a good view, as all the rooms do!

They still appear to be working on some floor which can generate some noise. The tunnel to the beach and the sky bar are still not open which is a shame as I wasn't aware of this!

Considering the hotel will have 30 floors of 30 rooms, so max guests of 900 they only have loungers in the sun for 20! And not many more on the beach!!! Something to consider if you want to relax around the pool during your stay.

I ordered food around the pool on the first an ordered my wife a cheese toastie sating that she was a vegetarian. My burger turned up fine, however get sandwich had meat it. I explained again cheese only, 20 mins later and a sandwich with everything but cheese turned up. At this pointed I stated it doesn't matter/ finish/ cancel. 30 mines later I was awoken to a manager as five pool staff with a cheese sandwich. At this point I tried my best to explain we didn't want it, especially as it had been 1hr 40 mins sine placing the original order. After what was almost an argument I said that I would go I reception and speak to someone that could understand me, at which point the matter was dropped! Extremely poor English and bad service at such a resort.

They definitely have an issue with the drainage as our toilet blocked on a few occasions and you have to shower in the bath as the normal shower overflows the bathroom to the hall.

The rooms are well cleaned however they are not well soundproofed and I would suggest the hotel somehow limit the volume on the tv. Both rooms either side of us must have had theirs in full blast until 1am and from 7am!

Breakfast is a shambles, although the hotel is massive everyone seems to go for breakfast between 9 and 10 which means insufficient seats. If you ask for a specific omelette other than the pre prepared ones then you get a filthy look and even though I always asked for it to be well done it was always undercooked and went in the bin!!!

Also, if you plan an early night be warned as even on the 31st floor with your tv in you will hear the elink four seasons laying loud music until 130am. I called reception and asked what time it would stop and this is what I was told. Every night I asked, yes I was told, no apologies!!!

I would not recommend this place, however it may be one of the best in nha trang. If you must visit stay out of town in a nice resort but I would say avoid nha trang full stop as it doesn't really have a lot going for it. Hoi an is far better in my opinion!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We telephoned the hotel a day before of our arrival to book a taxi service from the station and to our surprise we were told that we hadn't given enough notice thus they were not able to arrange one for us. How long do they need to book a taxi? We were shocked and bitterly disappointed about this. Understandably it didn't leave a very good first impression with us. However during check in we were upgraded to a deluxe suite which turned out to be the best room we have ever stayed in. The hotel overall is new and the rooms are just fantastic. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. But we could not believe just how bad the breakfast was for a hotel in this calibre. Perhaps it was purposefully designed so people would not consume too much food - quantity over quality springs to mind. Also who serves bacon and sausages cold? Havana hotel! The next day we waited until the bacon was topped up but they were cold again! Maybe they don't realise for breakfast bacon and sausages should be served hot? The noodle soup (Pho) is good, you can have a freshly cooked omelette or fried eggs, cereals and fresh fruit. The pastry again were disappointing not to western taste. Overall breakfast experience was certainly not 5 star. There is a nice pool, steam bath and sauna but the gym equipment was on the cheap and limited side.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Musti S
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Building is fairly nice, not particularly luxurious or big rooms but equivalent of a SE Asia 4 star hotel. Nice new 40" LED tv with HDMI/USB jacks but fridge never got cold. The unfortunate part was arriving for Christmas/New years and finding many of the facilities like the sky bar and kids club still under construction.

Location was nice with beach and ocean views and 10-15min walk from downtown.

Service is RIDICULOUS. I called front desk and room service 3x and waited 2hrs to have the fridge emptied (for my own drinks and snacks) before I gave up and left for dinner. I came back and called 3 more times and waited an hour before someone came. Next day, I had to exchange USD to VND at front desk and since a lot of shops don't have change I asked for small bills not all 500k bills, they gave me attitude, so then I asked for some 100k and they ignore me and just give me 200k notes along with a few 100k then make me sign for it and shoo me away. Third day, it took over an HOUR FOR ICE. I asked for some ice 3-4x to room service for 30-40min then front desk 4x (each time told in 10min!) for another 30-40min before getting hung up on by the manager: Tin. Horrendous. Stay away if you like or expect service at a hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PJCHO
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

1 night into a 4 night stay and already looking for alternatives. Staff are rude, on site travel guides are looking to make additional money rather than help you better your trip and the breakfast is messy and not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Also be aware that there are no refunds after booking!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Happyholiday509
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Great front desk helped us out with an early check in. Attentive staff to quickly take care of our luggage and showed us our room.

Beautiful room with a great view facing Vinpearl island with its Hollywood style sign. A bit tacky! The room is clean and has great air-conditioner and furniture. There was no disposable slippers though but reusable slippers which I thought was unhygienic. Better to wear your own.

Great breakfast and lots of food. The staff let you sit for a while after the finishing time of 10am too without asking you to leave. This is great for late sleepers.

They haven't finished the tunnel to the beach yet but crossing the road is not a hassle. The boys working at the beach are helpful with the towels but since they are not so busy they could collect the rubbish on the sand to make it nicer.

The yellow taxis seem to have an arrangement with the bell boys at Havana. They all park around the hotel and no other brands insight. You can still catch the more reputable Mai Linh green taxis by asking them to call you one.

I did catch a yellow one after asking the bell boy if it was okay and showing him the google map of my location. He relayed my address to the taxi driver. The taxi driver took me to the wrong restaurant (Bo Ke on Tran Phu St) which has no menu and made up prices and he said it was the right one. However I wanted another restaurant with the same name which was over the bridge to the left. This Bo Ke restaurant then gave us inflated prices with a foreigner menu and not so good seafood. In Nha Trang most restaurants have two menus and prices, one for local Vietnamese and one for Foreigners. The foreign menu has Vietnamese, English and Russian and is around 15% to 30% more. They also have this by the entrance. Don't accept this and demand to see a Vietnamese menu or find a reputable restaurant. It is not the Vietnamese culture here to scam and cheat foreigners and it's not the way of life here. Just some greedy people who make tourism bad for the rest of us and hurt their industry too.

Overall good hotel and and improvement of the staff at the beach and the bell boys would be great. But staying at Havana is not exactly the calm lazy lounging around the beach chairs type of holidays. If you want this then choose a resort away from the town centre...maybe Vinpearl.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends