“Amazing Amiana!”
Review of Amiana Resort

Amiana Resort
Ranked #12 of 215 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife and two friends spent six nights at the Amiana just before Christmas. Although this was the soft opening period, we had an incredible time. The breakfast buffet was fantastic, with so much choice! Both the sea water and fresh water pools were great. We hired the jet ski for an hour, which was great fun (and not expensive), we also took advantage of the free sea kayaks! We used the mountain bikes and one day used the tandems (all free) to cycle to the Thap Ba mud spring! We played beach badminton, tennis and found the gym to be good with brand new equipment (only opened whilst we were there). The staff were great all the time and nothing was too much trouble. We can also highly recommend the cocktails - Phu (?) was our bartender most nights and his drinks were top notch.
In terms of food, we ate breakfast every morning and ate three evening meals there (including the excellent seafood buffet). Every meal was of extremely high quality (and a reasonable price for a resort of this calibre) - we had no problems with food whatsoever.
All in all, we cannot recommend the Amiana highly enough and this hotel will be even better when it is fully open!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YT1Liverpool
AMIANA R, General Manager at Amiana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Highly delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thanks for taking the time to let us know . Your Review ( as all are ) will be discussed in our morning Management Briefings . Both positive and negative are discussed and looked into in detail , so thanks for the good one .
Hope we will be able to please you again soon on your next visit to Nha Trang and I'm sure we will make your next stay as memorable as the last.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We checked into Amiana on the 30th of December. The hotel is beautiful and so was our room. However, we soon learned that our booking included a compulsory $275 per person New Year's Eve Dinner/Party. We tried to cancel our attendance and we asked for our money back as we did not intend to attend the party, but management claimed it was too late, etc., etc. So we attended the dinner and cancelled our previous NYE plans in town. The party was filled with children and terrible, loud music. There was a buffet dinner (at that price we expected to be served) and alcohol was charged as an addition to the dinner. We ordered 2 beers and ate the buffet dinner. My partner woke up this morning with TERRIBLE FOOD POISONING (note that we did not eat outside the hotel during this 24 hour period). Hotel management refused to allow us a late check out because my partner was sick in bed, wouldn't send a doctor and told us they'd help us pack our things quickly so we could take the free shuttle bus into town to go to the hospital. This is the WORST 5-star hotel either of us have ever been to. We do not recommend this experience to anybody and discourage anybody from staying at this "resort."

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Kimling L
AMIANA R, General Manager at Amiana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

The points you have raised in your review are incorrect and defamatory: The facts are:

# Your booking was made with an Online Travel Agent . You were informed by them of the compulsory dinner and you paid in advance of arrival.
# The price of the compulsory dinner was NOT $275.00 per person as you have stated.
# There was no requests made to management for you to get a refund and not attend the dinner.
# The food poisoning ( so called ) is an accusation and not confirmed . Nobody else has reported being sick after the dinner and we had over 250 persons attending .
# We could not offer late check out as the Resort is fully booked and we did offer assistance in getting medical advise.
Again your comments are not accurate and are untrue. Sorry to have to inform as I have , but I cannot accept untruths being written in such a way .
Thank you .

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Absolutely love this hotel......despite the discomfort of finding an electrical plug to charge my phone and iPad...(had to crawl underneath the desk each time) .....(your electrical engineer should try to find an easier way)......however, even though the resort was at soft opening, it was amazing. Coming from the hotel industry myself and opened many hotels around the world, I know what it's like......so, it was a place I would definitely want to come back too.
I asked for a fishing rod and some bait to try my luck, I was told they will have it available in the next few months, however your recreation manager and staff went out of their way to find me a rod, hooks and bait so I can go fishing .....I didn't catch anything, but the fact they went out of their way to find me equipment to fish, was above expectations and it showed that they cared.
Everyone was extremely friendly.....English skills need a bit improvement, however if they didn't understand, there was always someone to help.
I'll definitely will be back and hopefully the weather will be better. I would strongly advise that you heat one of your pools so we can enjoy the pool as well. It was freezing cold.....I badly wanted to enjoy the pool scene, but it was soooo cold....so please find a way to heat your pool...it would be a great advantage.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us . Sorry about the lack of fish , but guess it might have had something to do with the Full Moon or the lack of Moon or some other fisher mans story (sic). But very pleased that my Recreation Dept tried their best to assist you in having a good stay. We are aware of the Electric Socket problem on the writing desk and at this moment are moving them to a more easier accessible spot.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay and I hope next time there will be more fish in the Bay for you to catch .

Reviewed December 24, 2013

If you want to have a relaxing holiday, Amiana is a great choice for you. The resort is very spacious, quiet and the view is stunning. With the brilliant breakfast buffet, the sheer variety of great food available really made this trip all the more enjoyable for me as a food enthusiast. With the exceptionally attentive and capable staff, always smiling, I felt extremely welcomed and most of all relaxed. There are also a variety of places within the resort where you can choose to spend your time relaxing. Whether It'd be the spa, freshwater pool or the iconic man made salt water pool you will lose yourself in the beautiful view of Turtle bay of Amiana.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Great that you were able to relax and soak up the atmosphere during your time with us and very pleased that you enjoyed the food we serve "Cicchetti style ".
Trust you will return later this year and relax some more and indulge our self in some barefoot luxury .
Hope to see you at Amazing Amiana soon .

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Although the weather wasn't ideal, nor was the gym or spa available (resort recently opened and this is still the "soft" opening period) we could not have enjoyed this resort more. It's a little way out of town (15mins and about VND200,000/USD10) but the quiet location and the beautiful pools/beach promenade gave it a lovely atmosphere.
I've never had such an amazing breakfast buffet spread, not have I ever come across such caring and attentive staff in the many years that I have been staying in hotels around the world. We met a lovely staff member who made a point of being "on call" even in her off duty hours so that she could make sure all our needs were met. Never before have I had my sunglasses cleaned at my breakfast table... The turn down service at night is something unique - no chocolates but instead a muffin (in a very cute container) and a quote to think about on your pillow.
The beach front villas are a real delight and the outdoor bathroom is one of the best I've seen. Plenty of hot water, great toiletries and plenty of room in these spacious villas.
The pool staff are also very attentive, and the resort offers a free 5-10 min head and shoulder massage to each pool guest, courtesy of the pool staff.

Room Tip: I plan on visiting again but will wait until all amenities are open before I go back. If budget allo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mandy N
AMIANA R, General Manager at Amiana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Great that you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for taking the time to let us and others know about the things you liked at Amiana. Your comments on our breakfast buffet are much appreciated as we are very proud of the standard that we have set . Just to let you know , we will improving on the variety and selection of the buffet that we already have , so there will be even more great treats to sample in the near future .
Thanks also for your kind words about the service that we offer . The Team try very hard to please and they will appreciate what you have said about them . The people of Nha Trang are a great bunch and have a great hospitality mind set , so combined with their normal friendly openness makes Nha Trang a great place to relax and enjoy with good friendly service .

Hope it wont be too long until you visit us again at Amazing Amiana and we can surprise you some more with our special friendly service .

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The resort is very romantic, quiet, combining style Asia - Europe, but strangely, harmoniously arranged by the houses with first class accommodations and modern outdoor bathroom, surrounded by green of the mountains and the sea with very romantic beaches. The staffs are friendly and the seafood buffet is so excellent.

Room Tip: Dreamlike bathroom and romantic beaches
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PhamLuyen

Fabulous that you enjoyed our seafood BBQ. Nha Trang is recognized as having the best seafood in Vietnam, so combining this with the talents of our kitchen team make our Seafood BBQ something really special .
Very pleased indeed that you found Amiana to be a romantic place , but also pleased that you did not go into detail as to why .
Hope that soon you will be able to return to Amorous Amiana and enjoy even more the things that you enjoyed on your last stay with us .
Thanks very much for your positive feed back .

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

It's very far from city centre, 30' on taxi takes you 15-20$/1 way
Need to improve a lot in hospitality services.
Menu is very simple & the chef is not strictly in quality control (I took the beef for 2 days, it's totally different !)
Staff's attitude is a very big issue for the management
Last week, I booked an company party, 2 hours before it's started, we have some discussion to move the event place from outside to inside. But the Manager did not accept & told me: I do not allow it to you, if you are not satisfy, pls go to another places !
I feel very bad when I'm the one to pay for them, but they treat me likes a begger
NEVER NEVER COMES BACK AMIANA AGAIN IN THE REST OF LIFE

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
13  Thank Pham T
AMIANA R, General Manager at Amiana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Unfortunately what you have said in your review is incorrect and misleading .
The Facts :
1; We are only 10 to 15 mins from the City not 30 mins
2; The Menus ( of which there are many) are extensive and varied.
3; Your function was to be arranged on the beach . When it started to rain , we informed you that we could not do the function in the rain and we would move the function to one of our Function Rooms. It continued to rain during the evening and the guests had a very pleasant evening .
In future if you write any further reviews , please tell the truth .