We stayed here for three nights. Two nights (then a night elsewhere as the hotel was fully booked) and returned for final night.
Our first room on the 13 th floor was fine, a little noisy in the morning because of nearby construction but that isn't the hotels fault and is something we have experienced throughout much of Asia.
I only rated the rooms very good as
- when you leave the room all power (except to the fridge) shuts off. This prevented us charging phones and camera batteries while relaxing in the pool
- our second room on the 10th floor although technically the same as our first room felt smaller and it was hard to open the bar fridge
- our second room had a very noisy bathroom drain all night even when we weren't using the bathroom and the air conditioner made a constant drip sound. It was after midnight when we discovered this so didn't mention it til morning (as we are used to hotels that say they can't fix it til the morning). When we did report it staff said we should have reported it earlier, a good sign that they take these issues seriously.
When the hotel was fully booked except for 1 family suite that was well outside our budget, we couldn't stay for the third night, staff helped us find a hotel in the area and stored most of our luggage meaning we only had to take the basics with us.
The reception staff were fantastic arranging train tickets for us when the tickets we wanted weren't available and just so helpful in so many ways.
The breakfasts were very good and the restaurant manager and the 'pancake man' (sorry I forgot your name) were so friendly and helpful. When we returned to the hotel the pancake man asked were I was the previous morning. Loved the pork dish on the first morning and the chicken soup on the second. Just wish they were both there each day but understand the need to rotate. Also loved the little homemade yoghurt and passion fruit juice the restaurant manager gave us on the first two days.
On the last day breakfast wasn't as good. Pancake mix had ran out by 8.30 (yet breakfast doesn't finish until 9.30) and fiid wasn't being replinished as regularly eg no bacon for 15 min. I put this down to two things, firstly the restaurant manager didn't seem to be on duty this day and secondly there were many very selfish guests that were taking 4-5 plates of food at a time each to their tables, creating their own mini buffet when there really was no need.
Pool towels would be useful as having to use towels from bathroom is not ideal. While we appreciated being able to use pool after check out it was very hard to get dry and changed, particularly as it was raining heavily and bar staff kept sweeping water into the toilet/shower when we were in there trying to change. We did ask a couple of times about the possibility of getting a towel but were told they weren't available. I'd have happy paid to use one particularly on the last day.
If it wasn't for a couple of small things I would have given the hotel an excellent overall. I really wanted as the staff were fantastic. I'd certainly return if we were in Nha Trang again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Nha Trang city, Hanoi Golden Hotel is just a convenient 5-minute walk to the beautiful Tran Phu Beach Street. Operating a 24-hour front desk, it features an outdoor swimming pool and provides free Wi-Fi access throughout the property.Featuring views of the city or the sea, modern air-conditioned rooms are fitted with parquet flooring, a flat-screen cable TV and minibar. En suite bathrooms are equipped with a hairdryer, bath or shower, slippers and free toiletries.Hanoi Golden Hotel provides luggage storage, laundry and ironing services. Guests may rent a car to explore the area and visit nearby attractions, while parking is provided on site. Conveniences in the hotel include a currency exchange and tour desk.The hotel's restaurant serves delectable Vietnamese and international cuisines and opens from 6:00-22:00. The rooftop bar offers a wide variety of beverages. Room service is available.The hotel is within a 5-minute drive from the local Dam Market, and a 15-minute drive to the well-known Po Nagar Temple. Cam Ranh International Airport is approximately a 45-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hanoi Golden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.