“BEST FISH AND CHIPS IN NHA TRANG”
Review of Far East Rock Cafe

Far East Rock Cafe
Ranked #58 of 526 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“BEST FISH AND CHIPS IN NHA TRANG”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Having eaten in most of the restaurants in Nha Trang, each with their own speciality,i most comment best fish and chips on the quality and quantity of the in the city. Keep up the good work Robin and staff, we will be back for more.

many thanks for great food and a comfortable atmosphere where you can chill without the constant boom boom of club music.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Billy342

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Cold Beer WITH THE BEST PRICES IN NHA TRANG”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Cold beer great food.
Went there every day for 8 weeks the beer was always cold and the staff were always friendly and happy to help out.
The food is mainly western and always plenty to eat.
I dinned there on many occasions and often got take away.
I would recommend this to any western traveller who is looking for a taste of home

Visited July 2013
2 Thank FoxyMichael
Perth, Australia
“Not great meals, plus pushy staff!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I understand the meals here are cheap but didnt find the quality that great. I ordered fish and chips and the fish was cold and looked like it came out of an oven as it was flat not the fresh fish I have had from other restaurants in Nha Trang. My friend ordered the Pork Meal which was tough. I didnt like the fact that I was at the beginning of the stairs when we were deciding whether or not to stay or go and a waitress wearing glasses grabbed me from my back and pushed me up stairs, was very angry at this and should have left immediately. Weve eaten at Omars, Good Morning Vietnam, Olivias and Lanterns and they are all a million times better than this dump!!!!

1 Thank plento1977
“Taste of home”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Travelling through Vietnam you sometimes need to get back to your roots, I'm from England and now have been in Nha trang for over a month, there is a very welcoming atmosphere inside Far East rock cafe with people saying hello and the waitresses being very polite, yes there english isn't perfect and it takes a bit of explaining but your in Vietnam!! Go to another restaurant and you will have the exact same problem, the beer is so cheap and the coldest I have ever had in Asia which is amazing! Air con inside with a outside area with fans, the cocktails there aswell are very cheap and the quality and size of them are much to be desired for, everytime I have been to the restaurant I have a different meal as the menu is so vast, the value for money is unbelievable! Every day there is a special dish for 2 pounds and is huge, ranging from fish and chips to sausage and mash to the Sunday roast!!! It's everything you could ask for and more, amazing decor to keep the eyes busy, clean! Hd TVs playing music videos all night long, I have not once had a complaint about this place and now am a regular there, what I don't understand is a couple doors down you can go and have the same beer which is double the price in a tatty bar that plays awful music and the staff are horrible and rude but yet that's recommended in the travellers book?!? Why? I will never know, come here and relax have some western food (even though the Vietnamese cuisine on the menu is lovely) and then be astonished at the bill!! All the best for this place, it's perfect'

4 Thank ZacStout
Bangkok, Thailand
“Don't bother”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went there because this place was recommend to us by someone living in Nha Trang, although I don't quite understand why.

Let's start with the service, which ranged from bad to bizarre: if my girlfriend orders something and I say I want the same, it means we want two meals, not one to share. I guess this could be put down as a language problem, although that particular waitress spoke rather good English. When we ordered ice tea she disappeared and came back showing us cans of Lipton, explaining that they don't have fresh one. When I said that's ok she disappeared again, taking the can with her, never to be seen again. I eventually ordered another drink. Also most of the waitresses actually are standing outside of the place handing out leaflets to passersby, so it's rather hard to attract their attention.

As for the food, I won't waste too many words on it. In a country where delicious food literally can be had on almost every street corner, this was disgraceful.

If you have to go there, go for the beer. The music was also pretty decent, mostly American rock classics, which is quite a nice contrast to the bad stuff you often hear in other places. Although why somebody would switch from the Beach Boys to Mariah Carey is beyond me...