“Tasty Mexican ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Lil Shack - CLOSED

The Lil Shack
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Tasty Mexican ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

As a light dinner we found the tacos to be a delicious alternative to all the rice and noodles in the area. Perhaps a tad small for my big appetite, but reasonably priced all the same. The burritos looked like a better size for the money, but alas I had already ordered.

• Thai first
California City, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique to its area and tasty! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I was in need of break from the noodles and spring rolls after our 6 weeks now in SE Asia, we couldn't have chosen a better place to get our fix. I love Mexican food, being from Southern California I get a lot of authentic Mexican and one thing that is crucial is the tortillas. The lil shacks tortillas are legit, soft, flour perfection. I was tempted by the burgers as I saw their reviews here but had to turn to my Mexican side and ordered a small bean and cheese burrito with a quesadilla. My fiancé ordered a double cheeseburger with an egg on top and surprisingly the burger was out of this world! Packed with flavor, stacked with meat, drizzled in a secret sauce with all the fixings. Mine was great his was delicious, both left full and happy. So we got : 1 quesadilla, 1 bean and cheese burrito, 1 double cheeseburger with egg, 1 French fry, 1 beer and a coke for 270,000 vd. Great portion sizes and delicious salsa complimentary. Good service. Those looking for a nice sit down lunch however May want to look elsewhere, this venue is classic California beach burrito style and is exactly as claims, a lil shack with a few stools around the bar and a delicious menu. Would def come back!

“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Like anyone else, we were hesitant to order Mexican food in Vietnam, but the food here was delicious!! It might not be 100% authentic, but it sure is close enough, especially when you're craving something different and more a taste of home. The carne asada and fish burritos really hit the spot and prices are great. We loved it so much we found we couldn't resist coming back more than once!

Seoul, South Korea
“Good food, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I just finished up a meal here. I don't understand these negative reviews about "authentic" Mexican food and "back in Texas hee haw!" Authenticity, is subjective and of course I wouldn't expect the truest Vietnamese food back in the States. I just smashed down a beef burrito and a quesadilla, and was incredibly happy with the meal. The food is delicious and satisfying with a really good price for western food in a touristic city. If you wanna have a quick bite for 2 or 3 bucks, and you're craving Mexican, this is your place. 10/10 would smash down more burritos here.

Mission Beach, Australia
“Great alternative to Vietnamese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I thought this place was great for people who are wanting some of the food comforts from home. We had been eating the local food for most of our trip and just wanted a basic western style breakfast. We came here for a breakfast burrito which was a soft tortilla packed full of scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, cheese and potato fries. It was absolutely delicious and had we more time we would have come back to try the lunch options

• Visited November 2013