“An interesting experience :)”
Review of Reunion Hostel

and 1 more site!
Reunion Hostel
Ranked #16 of 213 Specialty Lodging in Nha Trang
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Dorm room isn't a popular choice for Vietnamese travelers and my friends called me crazy to stay at this place during my visit to Nha Trang last April. It turned out to be among my most interesting experiences ever. The room was adequate, the beds were clean and comfortable enough and there was hot shower. I only wish the locker was sturdier but it was fine. The staff was surprised to see a Vietnamese staying at their place :D, however, they were all friendly and helpful. One of the guy showed me the way to a very good fish noodle shop that i enjoyed so much.
I met new friends and had a good time staying here.
I chose True Friends mainly because it was the cheapest in town but when I come back, I would stay here because this is one of the most interesting place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't thank Mai (maybe spelled My...not sure) at the front counter enough for all that she did for me. I actually stayed at the Golden Sea Hotel but my friends stayed at True Friend. Not only did they get better scooters for less than I paid, but there service was waaaay better.

When my hotel refused to call the train station for me (told me to take a cab and ask them myself), my friends told me that their place was amazing. I came to see Mai and she was THE BEST. Handled everything! When my bus didn't show I crashed at the hostel for a day...clean, quiet, great air con and using the wifi right now.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Mai. Great spot! Highly recommend!

PS the pillows here are WAY better than my $25 p/n hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Although I didn't actually stay here, I feel compelled to write a review as the staff were so lovely and helpful here. Our friends stayed so I did see their room which was clean and adequate, but pretty standard for a backpacker place and the room rates. What really stood out was the staff who were incredibly friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. We hired a scooter from them and they let us use their computers free of charge to get in touch with our friends. The location is good and in comparison to the Backpacker House we stayed at there is no comparison service wise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2013

i stayed here for one night in April and the 8 bed mixed dorm was 5 dollars per night. the room was small but the ensuite bathroom had hot shower and clean toilet. the a/c was great and the beds were clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We had an odd experience. We came home one night around 11:30 pm and when the employee opened the door to the place, the lobby was packed with motos/scooters. Literally, from the wall to the desk the motos were packed in and we actually had no way of walking through the lobby to the stairs to get to our room. The guy working there told us just to climb across them. Now, I admit I was laughing out loud at the absurdity of this, and especially since I was wearing a dress, climbing across the motos was not my most graceful moment. But, how ridiculous! I am sure we weren't the last people to come in that night (come on, it wasn't even midnight yet on Saturday) and can't believe this guy would make everyone climb over all of these motos.

Aside from that, the private room we were in wasn't spectacular.. the door to the balcony had a half inch wide opening so we could hear the street noise and bar across the way, and the drain in the bathroom must have been letting fumes in because the bathroom always stunk. The door to the bathroom was really moldy and there were little bugs/ants crawling all over it.

The two positives- it was in a great location just by all the bars and restaurants, walking distance to the beach. And the sheets seemed clean.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hostel itself, though well-located by the beach, is fairly standard; some good dorm rooms at reasonable value above a travel agent, a few computers downstairs, and decent bathroom facilities - but not much else to it. What really makes this place is the owner, Benny - who will make a genuine difference to your stay in Nha Trang.

Benny knows everyone and everything - and will hook you up with mates' rates to anything you want. He's fun, helpful - and when someone in our dorm was injured on the back of a bike, he paid for the medication, took care of the wounds himself, and took the guy out for a traditional dinner on the house to cheer him up.

From giving me a lift on the back of his bike to visit another travel agent when he couldn't provide me with a particular bus, to hiring us maps and bikes for a day trip to Da Lat, or just being around for a friendly drink, Benny is simply brilliant. He was also really concerned for our safety, and gave clear, helpful advice about how best to look after ourselves.

As a symbol for young, up-and-coming Vietnam, and as an example of how a hostel-owner can change your perception of a place, Benny's the man. Thank you buddy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mmaltby1
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Booked a 3 day easy rider tour from Nha Trang to the central highlands and back to Nha Trang. Not knowing what to expect we were pleasantly surprised by the experience. Our tour guide and business owner both spoke very good English and we were able to discuss our trip and itinerary to meet our needs, including special dietary requirements and slight route changes.

Our guide was very knowledgeable and went beyond the duty of service, even allowing us to join his family for Tet celebrations after the tour.

A great experience and definitely a friendly company that I would recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013