“Awesome fun.”

Mark Scott's Diving Vietnam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ScubaDiving/Snorkeling Tour/Course DiscoverDiving/ProfessionalDiver Your Quality Choice Nha Trang #1 Scuba Diving Choice. I am In Alley across from GALINA Hotel look For Sign in Alley.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 1, 2013

So, if you are a couple who are not really ace swimmers, in Nha Trang and want to know what a scuba diving experience feels like - what would you do? Well, the best and the smartest thing to do would be to head straight to Mark Scott's Diving School. That's what my wife and I did when we reached Nha Trang. And it was a delight, as has already been mentioned by almost everyone in this thread. Right from the time we lost our way finding his office to finding vegetarian lunch for my wife to dropping us off at our hotel after our dive, Mark took care of everything with great care and professionalism. My wife was really terrified going in and Mark let her take her time, talked her so that she becomes ready and then took her for a dive which she really enjoyed. At the same time he made sure that I was not left alone (I am not a great water body myself :) ) - with his assistant Danny accompanying me and showing me around. They took us to places underwater with great coral formations and really wonderful marine life. This was our first dive and we thoroughly enjoyed it. If we go to Nha Trang once more, we will sure go for a dive with the big man once more.

P.S: He has a rock named after him in Nha Trang. Yes, he is the best in the business in this part of the world.

1  Thank Dibendu
MarkScott05, Owner at Mark Scott's Diving Vietnam, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Aloha My Discover Scuba Diving Friends
Nha Trang VietNam is Wonderful Underwater World that I have Made Mark Scott;s Diving VietNam The Choice For Beggining and Advanced Scuba Diving Adventures in Nha Trang VN.
Many Times The Underwater World is Scary to US Until You Relax and See The TRUE Wonders of Our Water Planet That Is My Calling to HELP Spread The Love and Wonder of The Ocean World. Myself and Danni are HAPPY TO HELP You Achive this Underwater Adventure in Scuba Diving..

Aloha Mark Scott Diving VietNam..

There are newer reviews for Mark Scott's Diving Vietnam

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We did the one day fun dive with Mark Scott. He was very informative in every step, we never felt rushed and we went through all the safety items checking our gears. Since it was my first time, I couldn't control myself and kept floating towards the surface…hahahaha. Mark had to guide me the whole time. I felt safe during both dives and had great memories of my first dive. Mark certainly cares about the ocean life, I saw him picking up trash from the ocean floor that were littered by other people. Fruits, lunch and drinks were served on board. Awesome trip.

Now a few tips: I have a bad case of motion sickness. Mark told us where the pharmacy was and to pick up motion sickness pills or patches the night before. I threw up twice on this trip (don’t worry the fishes cleaned it up), because we went on a day with thunderstorm. If you tend to get sea sick, make sure you go on a clear day. It’ll help with visibility was well when you’re under water. Have fun everyone!

1  Thank Cozyclear

Aloha My NEW Diving Friend
With Mark Scott's Diving VietNam Every Dive With Me is FUN DIVE But the Name of what You Did is My Discover Scuba Adventure Which if Anything is Of Course FUN..HAHAHAHA
Yes I Provide BEST Service Both in and Out of Water Because It is ALL TOGETHER You need to Be Comfortable and Safe and that Means Many things All coming Together..
I Love Teaching My New Scuba Diving Friends Even if It is NOT Best Of Weather as Long as IT IS SAFE TO DIVE...SAFETY Is #1 with ME..BUT OF COURSE SO IS FUN..

Aloha Mark Scott. Diving VietNam Nha Trang VietNam.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Even though it was a year ago since my last dive Mark took me on and let me join. He helped me refresh my memory. Everything felt professional and safe. Marks laid back personality made the boat ride out to the dive spots enjoyable. As usual on dive trips such as this you meet new people which you already share a passion with, diving. Good fun, nice food, fresh drinking water and all covered by the initial cost. Good value for the money!

1  Thank Looak

Aloha My Diving Friend
Yes Even When We Get SHOWERS GREAT DIVING.. We get to our Dive Sites and often the weather clears Up and when We Enter Our Underwater World Who Cares if Its Raining Above..
Out at The Island there is Nothing to Keep The Rain there so OFF it goes to Visit Town..Hahhaha
Thank You for Letting Me provide My Personal Touch of Doing REFRESHER on Diving Safety and Making My Divers Comfortable Like Ridding a Bike It Comes Back to You..
Please Return Soon to My Home of Nha Trang VietNam..

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Mark scott diving   Me and a buddy of mine decided to do a 3 day diving course to become SSI certified. we were lucky to have found mark on google. He had very good reviews so we thought why not...   We got in contact with mark and met up with him for drinks to talk about his diving course outline. He turned out to be quite cool, down to earth and easy going.

The course begins at 7am in the morning and ends at 2 or 3pm in the afternoon.  it includes 6 dives in total. 2 dives a day, each dive is about 40 minutes long, depending on air consumption.
We started the day by meeting at his office to get the gear fitted. After packing the equipment we were  put  into a taxi and were on the way to the habor, where the boat took us on a 30-40minute ride to the dive site. Lunch and snacks were also included on the boat.

At the end of the last dive, which is the third day we got an extra hour at his office to do the written test section of the ssi certification

As for the diving, we would like to say that Mark really knows his stuff.  he has decades of experience and it shows. It was him, who was teaching us first hand and not a helper.  though he's laid back and a joker, when it comes to diving he's all business. Explaining everything very clearly regarding safety so we wouldn't get into any trouble in the water. Especially with me not being much of a swimmer, I of course had some fear that I might drown.  a fear that quickly went away once Mark had me comfortable in the water with all the equiptment.

I also had my wife come join with us on the last day.  I knew she was in good hands, and the both of us felt completely safe through the whole experience.

All the 6 dives were in open salt water. Although the first time and nothing to compare to, the under water world was amazing and every site was different from the next. From the colourful fish to living coral gardens, there was so much to see.

extremely glad I did it. Gained alot of knowledge from mark and a new passion.

As soon as i get home, i am shopping for gear.

Highly recomend.  Thanks again Mark!

1  Thank t_time85
MarkScott05, Owner at Mark Scott's Diving Vietnam, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Aloha My New Scuba Diving Friends
Yes I Have a Passion for Teaching Scuba Diving is such Great Reward to Take Person that has Fear and Change that INTO LOVE of The Ocean World.. The Is My Goal every class to have My Divers Bond with the Ocean World and Want to Protect It!!!
This I am Happy to hear that you will Continue by Buy your Own Gear I will in near future have New Program Come back to Nha Trang VietNam as Soon as Possible Love to Take you on Another Adventure..Above and Below the Ocean..

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Me and a buddy flew to Nha Trang on the basis of the good reports Mark had gotten, we wondered if it could be as good as described, when we arrived we soon realist that I was true. We stay at Marks place for free, when we arrived we were invited join a homemade dinner, after that we ate together with Mark every day. When it comes to diving, we were supposed to take the Open Water course in 3 days. I don't have great deal of experience when it comes to diving, but quickly realized that Mark had full control of everything that happened and I felt safe the whole time. And when we were out on other's boats it was always Mark the other diving masters asked if they wondered about something, not their own bosses.
So on the basis of my experience and observations I can recommend Marks Diving Vietnam both for beginners and experienced divers. The best experience in my 3 weeks in Asia…

Aloha My New Diving Friends
The Open Water Scuba Diving Course I offfer is A Life Changing Experience MY JOY is to Take You from Being NOT SURE to Complete Comfort in the Water Both above and Below the Surface So that as you say you FEEL I have Your Complete TRUST and Thats is What Teaching Scuba Diving is ALL about TRUST in Yourself and Your Teacher.. I have Been Teaching Scuba Diving and Diving for Longer than Alot of My Studentshave been on this Water Planet..Hahhahaha
Thank You for Spending Time Together with Me both In and Out of the Water Here in My Home of Nha Trang VietNam.