Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Long Tan tour and Mekong Delta tour

I can fully recommend Mr Nam a fantastic tour guide loves the aussies ,great sense of humour also... read more

Reviewed June 29, 2018
Freddy_tas
Devonport, Australia
via mobile
Mr Andy

Excellent trip,, did a while back, and thought I’d left a review,, sorry I hadn’t,, totally... read more

Reviewed March 27, 2018
andya777
Liverpool, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews mr nam recommend mr saigon vietnam loop tan aussies
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2015 via mobile

Did the 4 day tour of the Delta with mr Hai Ocean. Hit the small backroads of the "real" Mekong highway, meeting the locals doing their work, seeing how their lives really are. Although I think sometimes I was the biggest tourist attraction, these guys don't really get to see a lot of white people. Children running after you, people bowing and letting you into their house, felt like some celebrity. Cool, in a weird way.

Anyway, Ocean is a cool guy, very good and funny guide. Took me to the best local food places as well. Vietnamese food is the best in asia if you ask me, I ate til I was full many times over and still paid, what, maximum 50k dong?

5/5 shotgun blasts to the stomach, would do again

Date of experience: November 2015
6  Thank Oliver H
VIETNAMRIDER Tr... C, Owner at Vietnamrider Travel Company - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2017

Thank you very much. We hope that we can do another trips with you in future. God bless you. Take care.
VIETNAMRIDER® TRAVEL COMPANY
Since 1995

Reviewed September 2, 2015

I hired Nam as guide and istructor who gave me a 2 hr top up lesson, a private tour of ho chi minh and day trip to Mui Ne. Nam was an excellent instructor who patiently helped and advised me on how to navigate the road system in vietnam. He took me to a quiet area outside ho chi minh and taught me the way to ride with confidence and self belief. The following day he took me for a 2 hour tour of ho chi minh, seeing all the main attractions and more. He was a source of knowledge and a brilliant tour guide. He took me to mui ne where is started my 10 day trip to hanoi. I dont believe i would have made it outside of ho chi minh without Nams help and guidance, i probably be still there now riding around in circles. Throughout the 10 days nam helped and advised me on places to visit all along the coast road and into the mountains. We kept in contact throughout the trip and he checked up on me regularly to see if all was ok. Brilliant instructor, guide and friend. Thank you for your help Nam, you were a outstanding.

Date of experience: August 2015
3  Thank 61Lee

VIETNAMRIDER® TRAVEL COMPANY
Since 1995

Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

Never rode a motorbike before, so took a tour from Saigon to Mu Nui! Spending a month in Vietnam, riding from Saigon to Hanoi. The tour guide was amazing and we learnt to ride the bikes within the first 20 minutes, no problems at all and really helpful, giving us the confidence to ride the rest of the trip on our own. Nam is a legend, definitely recommend him to anyone unsure about riding bikes around Vietnam.

5  Thank 216aaronc
VIETNAMRIDER Tr... C, Owner at Vietnamrider Travel Company - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2015

Thank you so much for doing the tour with us and your helpful review here. We appreciated very much.

We wish all the best to you and hope that we will meet again and do another tours in future.

Take care.

Reviewed July 26, 2015

Ideas for trips are often hatched decades ago while sitting in Geography class in school. While the teacher droned on, in my mind I was already in the Masai Mara or Serengeti or Steppes or Mekong Delta. My childhood desire actually came true this month.

I wanted it to be a special trip, so I planned a solo trip, and to make it even more unique, decided on a motor-bike trip, which would allow me get a far closer view of the Mekong Delta than I would get by means of a standard package tour. Since I have not ridden bikes in years, and not being familiar with road and traffic conditions in Vietnam, I decided on a back of a bike trip.

Itinerary: HCMC to My Tho to Ben Tre to Can Tho to Chau Doc. My bike trip would end in Chau Doc, and I would hop on the Speed boat to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. While I had been wondering about making it further down the coast to Rach Gia, we modified the route along the way as we went along, to allow for a more relaxed trip.

Rider-guide: Nam was my rider guide, arranged while I was back home barely a week before the trip. The trip was planned at short notice, however, Visa and Rider arrangements all went very well. Having decided on a skeleton route and duration, I transferred an advance amount to Nam and paid him the balance when we met in HCMC.

Route: Nam took me along back roads most of the time, as I had wished. The experience was amazing, which included the effect of heavy monsoon downpours, The roads were often mud tracks, and we slipped and slid along. It was exciting. Moreover, Nam rarely got lost. I was impressed that Nam knew so many main roads and back roads around the Delta rather well.

Speed and Safety: Not being keen to tick boxes, I had indicated that we need not rush along, we would stop for coffee along the way, relax and take it easy. Nam rode at a very comfortable pace, usually in the 40-50 kmph range. Very comfortable. It turned out that it isn't easy to sustain a range of 100 to 150 km on an average day while riding along back roads. Overall, I felt very safe with the pace of the trip.

Local experiences: We stopped at random coffee shops, tiny unmarked restaurants and villages where the residents welcomed us. It was heartening to experience such warmth and happiness during my one week of wandering around. I did not micro manage my trip, so we ended up changing plans very often. Nam knew people in the area, so it was easy to find neat little local places to stay. The best part was - you guessed it - not a tourist in sight (except a few in Can Tho and Chau Doc).

Protection: I had brought along thick, cotton pants and a thick jacket, while Nam had asked for my helmet size in advance and had bought a new helmet along with rain jacket and pants. We used the rain jacket quite often, It was part of the fun dealing with sudden downpours.

Summary: An amazing experience, one that dreams are made of. Highly recommended for solo travelers who want to experience the real country. Not micro managing schedules in advance adds to the mystery and excitement. That's the beauty of a motor bike trip, the flexibility to change plans as you go along. And the infinite variety of local experiences, full of warmth and smiles.

For Nam, my rider guide: Thank you so much for making my trip such a special one and for riding carefully without taking any risks. I wish you the very best.

- Jyoti

11  Thank JG-Blr
VIETNAMRIDER Tr... C, Owner at Vietnamrider Travel Company - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Thank you so much for doing the tour with us and your helpful review here.

Take care.

Reviewed July 25, 2015

Nam is great. I had never ridden a bike before, but he guided me through the streets of Saigon. We made our way from there to Mui Ne, with Nam teaching me a lot of the area's history on the way. He knows everything there is to know about Vietnam and his English is the best I have ever heard someone from Vietnam speak. After we got to Mui Ne, we decided to push on to Da Lat, even though we had just agreed on the first part of the trip. I can't recommend Nam enough. Book him. You won't be sorry.

6  Thank Andrew H

Thank you very much for doing the tour with our company and sending your review here.
We appreciated very much.

We wish all the best to you and wish that you will have a good holiday in Viet Nam.
We hope that we will do more tours for you in future.

Thank you.