“Good hotel for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Forget Me Not Hotel

Forget Me Not Hotel
Ranked #162 of 276 Nha Trang B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good hotel for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Brief review
- Clean hotel from common area right the way through to the rooms, linen and bathrooms.
- Towels and some toiletries provided
- Friendy staff, although their English isn't great (but they seemed genuine about trying to improve it)
- Location is good, 5 mins walk to beach
- Cheap for the price! and includes decent wifi in room and computer downstairs.

Detailed Review
My girlfriend and I originally booked for 1 night, but extended a further 2 nights once we'd seen the room and hotel.

Theres a few mixed reviews about this hotel and it appears to be dependant on your room.

They have balcany rooms (which we had) which are v.big, and amazing value for money. Some of the small rooms I guess aren't that good...so pay the extra! We paid $12 per night for the room.

The rest of the hotel was suitably clean, nice common area (although it lacked a bit in atmosphere) and posh staircases.There is no lift, which is very common in Vietnam unless you pay $$$.

Always friendly and helpful when we wanted to book day trip to the mudbath spa. They don't try overcharge, instead they offered good advice about which package was the best (the cheapest btw, which the resort didn't openly advertised hehe)

For those reasons, we'd rate this 4/5. Not amazing, but good, with room for some improvement.

Room Tip: Book a balcony room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The room is very small more like a cage rather than a room, but that wasn't my issue. The hotel hasn't been maintained at all. The walls are dirty with cracks in them. The sheets look as though they haven't been changed. The towels were almost black in colour, the ashtray hadn't even been emptied out. There is no lift and I was given the top floor, there was an old matress in the corridor which was unsightly and should have been disposed. I was so irritated that I decided that I couldn't stay there. I told the owner(lady) that I would be staying with a friend because I just couldn't say her hotel was too dirty to stay in, nevertheless she friecked and was very rude she said I had to pay for the two nights I had reserved which I was willing to do anyway but she wouldn't stop yelling, 'why you don't like my hotel??' which I never told her that I didn't. So I paid the two nights and moved to a near by hotel called Rozy. It was the same price but had a lift, the walls were painted and the room was very clean and the family who run it were lovely. I highly recommend Rozy hotel but say without hesitation, stay away from Forget me Not!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Nha Trang hotels

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Good things:
Price was pretty good
Bathroom was clean and good hot water
Room okay size
Well located for beach and bars

Bad things:
Rooms at the back have a ventilation shaft in them containing, we think, air con stuff. The result is noise all night, and if that's not enough you can hear the rooms above and below...tv and anything else...
Air con stopped working/power cut leaving the room too hot to sleep in

Overall, if we went back to Nha Trang, we would probably try somewhere else. This was okay for a couple of days though

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
hue
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

-all is in the title i pay 8 $ for a single private room with bathroom and toilet.

- the price include air conditioned! ( really nice in summer )

- they are friendly and dont close the door early

-u need to confirm your room everyday (writed on the wall in my room)

-close to the beach and backpackers street

-i was here in july 2012

nice trip everybody

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank zilom
Hanoi, Vietnam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked 3nites because my train leaving in the evening. Inface I stay only 2nite and late check out at 9:00pm. But they informed us that they move our luggages to smaller room because our room was reserved by other guest. We very upset but agree to change room. After lunch we came back, receptionist gave the key. It's very very supprised that we received the room arround 3m2 (with 0.5m2 and toilet) for 4adults and 1 child. We didn't know where we can sleep, where we can seat and where my baby can walk? My baby determinely went up to the previous room

Then we were recommended to Dung Trinh Hotel. The room is clean and new, staff is very helpful. I vote for Dung Trinh Hotel and we will book this hotel for next time

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We are backpackers and we never book our hotels/guesthouses in advance. As usual, when we got to Nha trang we searched for a place to stay. We arrived to "Forget me not" and asked if they have a room. The guy said yes and showed us a nice room, small but ok for us. Outside the window I noticed there is a construction site and the guy told me he has another room without a window if I'm concerned about the noise. I preferred to take the risk with the room with the window... And he said we can try this room and if the noise will bother us we can change tommorow. He said the price was 11$ per night, we asked him to make it 10$. He said that if we stay for 2 nights then it's ok, so we agreed. We got to the room and after 15 min I went to the same guy to give him our laundry. He said it will be ready Tommorow afternoon, since we agreed we will stay for two nights it was ok. The next morning he was nocking on our door telling us we need to checkout! We told him that we agreed to stay two nights and that we don't want to leave, and he said sorry, someone booked this room last night! (ofcourse the other room was taken as well). When I asked what maid him think we are leaving, he said that we didn't tell him we are staying for sure and that it is our fault because we didn't book in advance! When I reminded him about the laundry he said that when i gave it to him he didn't remember in which room I am staying!!! Shamefull behavior to customers! Not worth it because you can get kicked out any day without notice! We spent our morning searching for a new place to stay instead of going to the beach...

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

My wife and i Booked into this hotel for three nights, when it came to paying the agreed price 10 dollar the manager tried to charge a extortionate exchange rate for dollar to dong, when I refused his rate he got very abusive, early the following morning he was banging on the door telling jus we had to check out because the room was previously booked, he threatened us with the police and violence so we left, I would not recommend this place to anyone , shame really because it was a great room, but at our ages we do not need the hassle

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple