Carpe DM Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
The Time Hotel(Nha Trang)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbelgian ownerfamily roomlane waydressing tablerestaurants and barstourist areamountain viewthe main stripminute walk to the beachcomfortable bedsair consmall streetroom was largenice balconyquiet at nightlate checkstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We've stayed at quite a few hotels in Nha Trang and the Carpe DM is simply the best. We were guests in the hotel for 2 weeks and, in the future, we won't consider staying anywhere else. When my wife and I checked in, there were no standard rooms available, so the owner, Danny, gave us a family-sized room at no extra charge. Later, a few days into our stay, I became very ill and spent a few days in the hospital. The owner was sincerely concerned about my health, constantly asked my wife about my well-being and even allowed her to bring hotel pillows to the hospital so that my stay could be a bit more comfortable.

Our room was very large and clean with a new flat screen TV, big beds, electronic safe and free wi-fi. There was a good-sized balcony where we enjoyed many morning coffees. The bathroom was equally clean and had a bathtub (although it was a little small for me!). The location is somewhat off the beaten track, but only 2 minutes from the main street and 5 minutes from the beach. Now that we've moved on to Cambodia, we are missing the value and friendliness of the Carpe DM. Also, no need to bring an alarm clock as the rooster near the hotel is very reliable :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank et81
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A couple of days before arriving in Nha Trang I emailed Carpe DM, email was answered promptly and we had room confirmed for our family of 2 adults and 2 kids. The taxi driver had a problem finding the hotel although I had pointed out the map which is at the main street. We would have walked but after 8 hours on the sleeper train from Danang really couldn't be bothered. On arriving we were given our room straight away and considering it was 9am I was surprised but thankful.

We stayed for 3 nights, loved the position of hotel not far from anything. Our room had two large beds and a single so plenty of room for our family of 4. For the price of the room I was shocked with the standard it really was outstanding. It's worth visiting the hotel just to look at all the photos hung in the rooms and around the hotel. Danny was also never far away to answer any questions, he also organised our bus tickets to Mui Ne for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

There's a reason this place is No 1 on tripadvisor and that's because it deserves to be. The owner is friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotless with new modern finishes. Its in a great location just off the main drag in a quiet residential area a couple of minutes walk from the beach. At under $20 p/n in June 2012 its an absolute bargain. Arrived expecting to stay a couple of nights but ended up staying a week. Would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in the Carpe DM Hotel in September 2012. It was the most modern and clean hotel of our 2 week trip around Vietnam. It is not so easy to find, because it is in a small street near the main street, but it is really near to Nha Trangs hot spots - just 2 Minutes to the Main Street and the bars, 7 Minutes to the beach. Wonderful start in Vietnam!

Some other Highlights of Nha Trang were: The Smoothies of Amart, do-it-yourself-grilling at Lac Canh, Diving and Vinpearl.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Danny and his family give wonderful, relatively inexpensive rooms and service. Can recommend to anybody. Great place to stay while in Nha Trang. If anybody wants to know anymore about what to do in Nha Trang or Danang, contact me at friendsvietnam.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends