“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #1 of 291 Nha Trang B&B and Inns
Aalborg, Denmark
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at Carpe DM for 13 nights. And I had an absolutely lovely stay, The rooms are spacious and clean. The owners Tho and Danny are the nicest and friendliest people, and were always very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for people visiting Nha Trang!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Over our trip through Vietnam, we stayed in a few similar standard hotels/guesthouses to Carpe DM. However none of these were as cheap as Carpe DM – just for that reason, this is an amazing place. However, Carpe DM also has a great quiet central location (if you can find it in the first place!!), is very clean, has huge bedrooms and friendly staff. A very good choice for Nha Trang – highly recommended

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, CO, USA
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I'm a young backpacker and I've been traveling around southeast Asia for two weeks and I've stayed in some pretty gross places. But after reading reviews I decided to check this place out and I cannot say enough good things. I'm a stickler for cleanliness and this place is spotless. The beds are very comfy, there's a balcony, flat screen TV, and clean sheets and towels. This is a place my parents would stay at...but I could afford it because it was only $15/night. The only bad thing is they don't accept credit card. It's a little hard to find, have the cab driver drop you off at Booze Cruise bar, and then ask the bartenders to guide you there. It's in an excellent location but still very quiet. I honestly don't want to leave. And Danny, the owner, is the nicest guy and so helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Ok guys I've being traveling around S.E Asia 2 months and arrived on nha trang were I booked into carpe dm!the best hotel I stayed in by far!amazin,the rooms are spacious and clean and the showers are soo good and if ya need to relax for a night in its the place to stay!no noise!the party street is a 3 min walk!the owner is great and helpfull and if ya want a intelligent conversation he is always up for one!all in all I'd go back to this hotel again and again!thanks Danny

• Stayed November 2011
Danny D, Owner at Carpe DM Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Fair enough : we made you happy with the room, you make us happy with your review! Thank you Anthony.
Oslo
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Booked a double room at Carpe DM based on the good TA reviews. The hotel is newly opened (august). Even though we had full adress written down our taxi driver had problems finding it and had to stop and ask for directions several times. This will probably change soon as Carpe DM won't stay a secret for long!

During our more than 3 weeks in Vietnam, this was the best place we stayed - by far. Welcoming and helpful owners (Tho & Danny). Well-designed, spacious and spotlessly clean rooms with A/C, small safe and flatscreen TV. We especially enjoyed having a balcony, where we enjoyed the view and a glass of wine in the evening.

The location of Carpe DM is no less than perfect - in a quiet street where local kids play. Less than 5 minutes walk to "restaurant district", less than 10 minutes to the beach.

We enjoyed our stay at Carpe DM very much, in fact so much that we ended up staying two more nights than initially booked. Not only was this the best hotel we stayed in during our Vietnam trip, it was also the best value for money. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReiseFrosk
Danny D, Owner at Carpe DM Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Our next challenge is to maintain these high standards in order to live up to your expectations in the future.
Milano
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Carpe DM Hotel is a modern, brand new Hotel in Nha Trang. Out of the crowdy central streets, still close to everything, even the beach. The rooms are modern, spacious and spotless, with even a great balcony (Not common in Vietnam) The Hotel Owner is full of precius advises on what to do and how. He helped me buying for me a cheap ticket for a night bus to Saigon. Just sleep here if you want a cheap, central, great Hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Danny D, Owner at Carpe DM Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you and... I like the photographs you made (this is exactly what you get when booking the Standard Double).
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Resident in Vietnam for the past 20 years I seldom came back to Nha Trang. While browsing to get an Hotel I came across few comments on local hotels. Bingo! I selected the right one! Waking up next morning: The very soft sound of a Yak 52 taking off... as a former pilot I wished to jump on the seat and dream of this marvel. I looked outside to see the very green sight of this small – almost unused landing strip. My web choice was perfect! I discovered that an Hotel can be normally built in Vietnam with all the 3 stars hotel qualities .. at an incredible price of 20$ per night! The owner and his wife are really there to make sure all is near perfection.
At least there is now a hope that one day all Vietnamese hotels shall reach this high quality level!

Room Tip: Nearby there is a nice (best in town for quality) Italian restaurant: Fernando. Just to say that it...