“The Best Sushi in Nha Trang”
Review of Sakura Sushi

Sakura Sushi
Ranked #221 of 538 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have lived in Nha Trang/ Vietnam for 5 months and tried lots of sushi restaurant.
Their sushies are really good and delicious.
Only negative thing related to restaurant is their places which is quite dark and narrow.
The staffs are very friendly and know english.

1  Thank zecaner
There are newer reviews for Sakura Sushi

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Nice food and good value. The food was prepared and served quickly.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Except for a couple finishing their meal on the first floor (I presume the establishment has two floors), we were the only dinners in the place at 7:30 PM on a Saturday evening. No others came in or left during our entire stay (perhaps 40 minutes). That alone should tell you something. None-the-less, we wanted to give it a try and see how this place compared to Oh Sushi (see my review).

Here is a summary of the problems encountered at Sakura:

1. I ordered a Saigon Export beer and was served an opened Heineken beer instead.

2. I was told there was no eel, so any comparison of the eel dish we had a Oh Sushi was out.

3. The Udon hotpot was a tasteless udon noodle soup with one piece of tempura shrimp floating in it for 95,000d.

4. The tuna and salmon rolls were small and had little tuna and salmon. Except for perhaps the color, the pieces of fish were so small, I could not tell which was the tuna and which was the salmon (over-powered by the rice).

5. The bill, which most people apparently never question, was over-charged to the benefit of the restaurant (cardinal sin for restaurants). I had them recalculate the bill and left no tip.

We were tempted to order more dishes because we were still hungry but we were wanting some eel, which was ‘finished’ as they say here. So the total bill was only 290,000d but we were charged 300,000d. The restaurant bill should never be wrong, even by 1,000d but we had been over-charged. This is not a question of money. Anyone eating sushi can afford an extra 10,000 but not this way.

The bill caused me to ask for the manager, who asked me what the problem was. I told him that he could read all about in on Tripadvisor, and we were happy that we had not ordered more dishes.

Save your money. Eat elsewhere and avoid this place as apparently others do, at least at this writing. I will be generous and give this restaurant a solid, 1-star rating.

Richard

3  Thank Richard G
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Wednesday is goldy promotion day. 20% off. We usually go on Wednesday. They have great sushi and sashimi. It's extremely fresh. We also love the tempura and the soba. They have Asahi beer and Japanese shochu. Mugi, Kome, and Imo. We recommend this place to anyone in Nha Trang permanently, or visiting. A great meal and really authentic Japanese service!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Sakura is a good sushi restaurant. Nice atmosphere. It feels very Japanese, they did a good job on the design.

Sushi isn't the cheapest meal in Nha Trang and Sakura isn't cheap, but I wouldn't say it's expensive either. The makizushi rolls are between 40,000 and 60,000 VND for the more intricate ones. The standard tuna maki is about 25,000 VND I think. The tuna sashimi(6 fairly small pieces) is 100,000 VND.

In my mind, if you're craving sushi, this is a great place. Don't expect to fill up though unless you want to lay down between 200,000 and 500,000 VND for 2 people. So, it's not too expensive, but for Nha Trang compared to Vietnamese fare, it is.

Friendly waitresses and give you the いらっしゃいませ!!!!! When you enter and the ありがとうございます!!!! When you leave. Very authentic!

Also, Wednesday is 20% off day.

3  Thank BenH45