“Best holiday experience ever”

Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang
Ranked #7 of 204 Hotels in Nha Trang
Melbourne, Australia
“Best holiday experience ever”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I take holidays to relax and try and remove some of the built up stress of running my own business. It usually takes me 3 to 4 days to start winding down. Within 12 hours of arriving I was feeling totally relaxed. We were in a Grand Hilltop Villa. The accommodation was exceptional and luxury only begins to describe it, the amenities and the service of the staff. No expense has been spared on the fit out of the villa, from the sheets and pillows to the private pool, the furniture, the bathrooms etc, etc. whenever I thought I had better check to make sure our flights were going to be in order they had already organized it. Whenever I needed to go anywhere or book anything it was done without any fuss. We had some meals included and we told them that we didn't like the style of food at one of the restaurants at the Vinpearl resort restaurant (not vinpearl luxury) and they just changed us to one of their restaurants. Talking about restaurants, the breakfast buffet always had a huge an diverse selection and probably the best french pastries we have ever experienced. Transfers, use of their yacht all made it great. You don't really need to leave the island unless you want to experience some of the local ways, markets for example. On the island they have an amusement park with nightly reviews and water/light show, water park and the most amazing aquarium, all free to Luxury customers. The beach is probably one of the most beautiful I have seen in the world and I use Margaret River in Western Australia as my gauge. You feel totally pampered. The biggest stress was counting down to when we would leave. Well done to all involved in making this place happen.

Room Tip: If you like your privacy (want to swim naked in the pool) choose a Grand Hilltop Villa.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Alex K
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear “Alex K”

Every small thing we do with only one purpose is to reach our guest satisfaction. And this is our honor to know that you had enjoyed our hotel facilities and had a wonderful time at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang. I will share your impression to our team as an encourage for us to move up the luxury services

Thank you so much and look forward to welcoming you in near future.

Best Regards,

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Reading some of the other recent reviews I do have to agree that the food was not the best at VinPearl Luxury although the breakfast was always good - especially the little bite sized Vietnamese pancakes - yum! Even though there are some small faults but all in all we had a wonderful time and enjoyed it very much.

The check in process is very smooth and the staff are extremely polite and helpful. Access to the transfer boat 24/7 was a great touch and we were able to spend a few nights having dinner in Nha Trang without worrying about our return to the hotel. We were upgraded to a Grand Hilltop Villa which was a gorgeous double story villa with a private plunge pool. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in and it's fun to have electrically operated curtains so you can have a peek at the weather in the morning without moving from the bed. I'm only sorry that there was no sea view, we had expected to be looking over the ocean which was a little disappointing. In fact, lots of the villas are without a view so if you want one you should discuss when you book.

There were a few things that didn't quite work. For example if you turn all your lights out in the night using the main computerised button - if there is a power surge in the night (and there often was), all the main lights come back on when the power returns. The first time it was very alarming but then we got smart and turned everything off at the actual physical switches or plugs. The wine fridge wasn't cold, even when we tried to turn in down it would go up again which meant that when we did decide to have a bottle of chilled white wine, it was luke warm. The heated toilet seat - whilst an interesting touch - was a bit too heated and probably not really necessary in a summer resort. The wine list was also a mystery - quite a good list but the first 5 or 6 bottles of our choice were not available - and that happened all the time.

Apart from those minor issues, the room itself was lovely and we very much enjoyed our 6 night stay in it.

The staff are outstanding - every one of them could not do enough to help you. My particular favourite is the Food & Beverage Manager, Nguyen Ngoc Hoang, who was an absolute joy to see every morning. He was extremely helpful and polite and because of this, we weren't too concerned when the food itself wasn't as good as we'd hoped. It's often the case in a resort and that is why we chose to explore some other recommended restaurants on the mainland - all of which were of course far cheaper and simpler. Probably the only meal that was very disappointing was the Grilled Tuna salad we had from the beach bar menu. This sounded lovely - but when we got it, it was in fact tinned tuna and it had no flavour whatsoever - just way too many olives. Nothing, however, can beat how bad the meal was that we had at VinPearl Resort on the other side of the island - I have done a separate review of Beach Comber Restaurant.

The spa was great - we had a lovely massage and lots of foot massages. So peaceful over the water, a really lovely experience. All in all we had a wonderful stay at VinPearl Luxury - it was in fact all we had hoped it would be and at all times we felt we were extremely well looked after.

So all in all we loved our stay at VinPearl Luxury.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kgreenwood
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear “Kgreenwood”,

It is truly rewarding to read such positive feedbacks as yours and we thank you for that. Everything we do is supposed to satisfy our guest as our best. Just only one thing about the power surge as you mentioned, we are on upgrading our own electric program so it might got a little issues you met. However we thank for your comment and we will work out with our engineer to adjust it.

One again, We understand that only learn from our guest we will improve and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

While the rooms are beautiful, this is unfortunately the only charming aspect to the hotel.

The service was ridiculously inconsistent, the food on two occasions inedible. We complained to front desk on the second night as our chicken dish was nothing but fat yet nothing was done. We had to ring reception twice to get our room cleaned.

On top of this the luxury element of the hotel is ruined by the resort being full of children and the views from the beach wrecked by a cable car and industrial sized liner in the bay. In fact we stayed in the garden of our villa instead of heading to the pool/beach!!

I can't believe this has been branded as an SLH considering its a huge characterless resort.

The most overpriced hotel we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2013
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear FeathersLucey,

We very much appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback of the resort here and would like to thank you for your stay.

Regarding your comments, we did hold a review to ensure our services which were provided to our guest perfectly. But to be clarified, our house keeping cleaned your room before 11am everyday and we don’t think it make you be in inconvenient situation. As your request about chicken dish, we served a Vietnamese traditional dish as its does, and clearly that it not tasted your culinary style.

Our Vinpearl Luxury concept is supposed to be not only for couple but also for other guest markets. Obviously, you can see more children than normal since this is summer time. We are so sad if these children let your stay down.

As you views about the cable car, we would like you to be on cable car at dawn and how wonderful view you can see the sunset far away and panoramic view of Nha Trang city also beautiful islands behind you. It is the real picture of local life!

Thank you for your share and we do hope to have a change serving you in future to change your impressions.

Your sincerely,

Caldwell, NJ
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The owner is a very good host and the staff are charming and extremely helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a good variety of food. The cheaper rooms are a little small but the bathroom is large enough and very clean. received the most wonderful service from all the staff. great facilities. Friendly staff, amazing rooms and delicious restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caldweff
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Caldweff,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang and for taking the time to share your experiences with us on TripAdvisor

It is a delight to read that you had enjoyed the room facilities, food and beverages from us. Our biggest asset of the hotel is our people and we are happy to hear that we were able to enhance your stay and make it memorable.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang.

With warm regards,

NC, USA
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights over a year ago (April 2012). We (a couple and a 4-month old baby) didn't dress to impress, and perhaps because of that we kept getting questioned whether we book Vinpearl Luxury or the other Vinpearl place. Even after a long trip from the airport to the port (and we were questioned at the airport), the first question I got when stepping out of the car was whether I booked Vinpearl instead of Vinpearl Luxury. And I speak Vietnamese, so I can guarantee you that it's not a language issue. Clearly that left me with a bad impression about the place.
The amenities are as nice as any other luxury places we have been to, and the staff is very helpful. We went there in a low season, we there won't very many people - sometimes we felt like too much attention was paid to us, but I'm sure they were just being friendly.
The buffet didn't quite work for us. We ordered a lot of meals from our room, and the quality wasn't very consistent. Basically, I wouldn't stay on the island if I want good food.
But the main reason for me to bring the rating down to 3 stars is because of our ride back to the airport. It was raining hard with a lot of standing water. Our driver drove at maddening speed - my husband and I could only held on tight on each other and our baby, completely scared for our lives. Perhaps I should have spoken up, but I didn't. That was the one time in Vietnam when I wished that I had had a carseat for my baby. Very scary.
So, overall, the place was good. But for the money that we paid, we weren't impressed at all.

Room Tip: We had a beach view room, but I didn't think it mattered much.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ly T
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Ly T,

First of all, I would like to express the thanks from everyone here at Vinpearl Luxury for having chosen us in 2012 for your holiday. While I was very happy to read your comments regarding the amenities and especially the helpful staff, obviously I was disappointed to hear about the areas of your stay which were not satisfactory to you. I will bring up the issues you mentioned, especially the one concerning the transfer to the airport with our Front Office team to ensure it does not occur again.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to give your feedback here and I hope that sometime in the future you will consider staying with us again on a future trip. Thanks again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went back to Vietnam every summer when I was in school; each time, I paid a visit to Vinpearl and it was always the highlight of my summer vacation.

It's about 45 minutes drive from the airport. Upon arrival, you're greeted with welcome drinks and a grand view of the bay. Once checked-in, your luggage will be tagged and you just have to hop on the next scheduled speedboat. A golf-cart kind of cruiser awaits you upon arriving at the island and takes you to the hotel.

Always get the deluxe ocean view room and ask for one of the original buildings as they have better views and are more quiet. Morning buffets are plenty and varied, catered to every taste and age.

Spending some time at the park with your friends and get some sun in, or relaxing at the pool or on the beach, Vinpearl has everything for everyone.

Will I come back? You betcha!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Aidan N
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Aidan N,

Let me thank you on behalf of everyone here at Vinpearl Luxury for both your stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience here. We simply could not be any happier to hear about your fantastic stay with us and are so happy to know that you enjoyed so many different parts of the island! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back many more times and look forward to seeing you again! Thanks again

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

There is no doubting this place has got it right. Expressed through the airport.Speedboat, cruiser or chairlift to an island first off. Meals superb, funpark, chairlift, downhill tuboggan,cafes, cart transfer between areas. All world class. Any complaints about this place are rubbish. Best plac to be secluded. As we all know a resort full of russians means we were alone and loved it. They do tend to have noisy kids though. 6 star pubs really should stop them running around and climbing frangipani trees at dinner. My room was our best ever. Pool was cool and clean. Mango trees full of fruit everywhere. Find a pole. Coffee machine better than clunies. Beach in to die for.

Room Tip: Unless you want poolside i would go rooms 100-136 they have better backyards and a massive lounge ar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank yantina
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Luxury Nha Trang, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Yantina,

We simply could not be any happier to read all of your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us! I would like to express the thanks and gratitude from everyone here at Vinpearl Luxury and I will be posting your review at the staff restaurant so that everyone can be proud of their hard work! Again, thank you very much and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!