“Good Service”

Hoang Hai (Golden Sea) Hotel
Ranked #37 of 215 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I am very pleased with the elegance of the room and the service here is very good. The price is very cheap compared to the value at this luxury. The way work is very professional, dedicated service and reputation of the hotel. Whenever it comes to Nha Trang, Hoang Hai KS will always associated with my family. VERY GOOD.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Just back here with my wife. We rent motorbike to explore Nha Trang our self. Totally great! We can buy sea food at the market and lend hotel's kitchen to cook. Staff are nice. Will be back here when I come back to Nha Trang.

Room Tip: Higher room, better view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went to Nha Trang for our honeymoon? It was not the first time we are there but this city by the sea is always the first choice for me and my wife.

It stay at a very good place where you can walk to everything, bars, restaurants, the beach... We didn't do the research before the travel. I just asked the receptionists every morning to decide where to eat, where to visit ...They are local people and gave me useful advises. We took the VIP room so it is very nice and clean.

We had stayed 2 days at Amiana resort (5 stars) before moved to Hoang Hai hotel. We actually preferred ours days at Hoang Hai. For 1/5 the price, we have access to better food and had more fun. The resort is very beautiful but its too far from the city, the food is.not great and it's boring.

If you want to relax and willing to pay, looking for hotels outside the city. If you want to have more fun and experience with the locals (like me), Hoang Hai is the best choice. I'll stay here for our next trip to Nha Trang.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean but our air con broke throughout the night and had to get an engineer to fix it. Our television didn't work and our safe wouldn't open with our valuables inside and staff were pretty clueless! The maids also kicked us out of our room when we were in need of a lie in after a long day/ evening traveling the day before.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was in Nha Trang for 2 nights and this hotel totally spoiled my mood for everything. The staff looks tired and appears restless whenever you tried asking them a question. They gave the wrong information when I asked where to buy things and made me go in circles in Nha Trang.

Upon check out, it was really funny that they couldn't do simple math. Basically the room was charged in usd... The laundry, taxi and mini bar was charged in vnd. I gave a bill of 100 usd and the receptionist couldn't count the change and I had to do for her.

The attitude that this hotel shows to travelers is too much and I think better hotels are available elsewhere. Please explore more for other hotels. On the better side, the rooms are clean but I would prefer good service more anytime.

Room Tip: Not worth the money to stay!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank love-peace-travel
GoldenSeaNT, General Manager at Hoang Hai (Golden Sea) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for leaving us a review in Trip advisors.
Firstly, we are very sorry that our staff cause some discomfort to you during your staying here. But everything has a reason. One of our receptionists is suffering from disease and has stayed in hospital for a month, thus the others are a little bit overloaded. We have tried to handle the situation and everything is ok now. We hope that you will understand and sympathy with our situation.

Thank you and Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 days in Nha Trang staying at this hotel. The hotel is clean and located close to a large number if restaurants, bars and spas and is only a 5 minute walk to the sailing club. The wifi is fast and free.

Reception staff seem friendly during the day. The only 2 negatives I have are 1) if you have a room on the top floor the cleaning staff are noisy first thing in the morning and 2) twice on this trip I was unable to wake the night reception and had to find my own key from behind the desk - a security risk for the hotel and an inconvenience for me.

I will, however, stay here again next time I am in town.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diver71au
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The location of the hotel is great, only one block away from the beach. There is no beach view, only a small balcony with a view of the city. The first night, which was Friday. The noise from a nearby bar was so loud that I felt as if the room was vibrating. We have a sound machine on the iPad, so we just cranked it up. It would have been nice to have breakfast included, but then again, you get what you pay for. I did think it was interesting that I spent more money on two bottles of sunscreen than I did on my room! All in all, it was a good, cheap place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family