“Must be experienced”

L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay
Ranked #6 of 219 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed January 28, 2013

"This is the resort? Wow it's so wonderful and relaxing..." asked my Mum. "No," I replied "this is just where we catch the complimentary boat to take us across the bay to the An Lam resort."

My husband and I, mum and sister stayed at An Lam in a two-bedroom lagoon-side villa (villa 10) for three nights. We were a little hesitant to stay here at first as it's still relatively new and not widely known, and on the pricy side. But we were so glad we chose An Lam and will try to come back every six months to get away from the Hanoi chaos where we live. So tranquil, I have never slept so well!

Accommodation - where the outside meets the inside, luxurious but you feel as one with nature. Very spacious with everything we needed. Bedrooms separated by the living areas, so my husband and I had absolute privacy from the other bedroom. We had villas on either side of ours, but the location and design of the villas meant we never even knew if there were other guests staying next door. Also loved the in-villa music, and bar fridge which was stocked according to our preferences. Villa very short walk to restaurant and all other facilities. Complimentary tandem bikes good fun!

Service - out butler My was incredible. We ticked the 'discrete butler service' option (yes, you decide how much service you want from your butler), but she went out of her way to anticipate our needs, and went above and beyond. My organised an in-villa dinner for my birthday next to our private pool, complete with candles, a personalised birthday plaque and roses, birthday cake and musicians to sing happy birthday - most of which My did of her own accord. I almost cried saying goodbye to My... Ursula (the resident Aussie manager), was everywhere, always ensuring we were good with everything. Restaurant staff and boat staff excellent.

Excellent food (although pricey, probably due to the fact that everything has to be shipped across). Your choice of breakfast every morning from a comprehensive menu (complimentary). Next time would be good to see a cheese and/or antipasto platter added to the menu. More snack options would be nice when you don't always feel like a heavy meal and when it's too much effort to drag yourself away from the beach or villa. Complimentary cocktails on the beach with fire before dinner on one of the nights - very nice touch.

Room Tip: Lagoon side - close to everything, but the lagoon provides privacy through separating the beach betw...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SJC2612
Zok R, General Manager at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear SJC2612,

Greetings from Sunny Nha Trang

Thank you for your lovely review post your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed stay and had a wonderful experience at our resort. We have communicated your words of praise to Butler My and the entire team at the resort who are very happy to have received the same. We are certain that this will assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence in future.

Once again thank you for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at An Lam Villas, Nha Trang for another memorable holiday.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do contact me at the email address below.

rm.nvb@anlam.com

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I came here for deep rest and relaxation, seeking a place which would provide privacy, excellent service, delicious food and a good spa - and I found all of that and more at An Lam. I stayed for 8 nights in one of the Hilltop Villas (No 24 - highly recommendable for ultimate privacy) and I did not want to leave.
An Lam Villas are set on a peninsula amid lush tropical forest, next to a lagoon and beach - all of which are absolutely stunning. The place has a very nice sense of seclusion, yet everything can be easily reached; the various residences, Spa, bar and restaurant are connected by tree lined paths, bikes are available for easy cruising around.
Service: absolutely outstanding, attention to detail is perfected here. Upon check in at the little harbour, you have to fill in an extensive questionnaire aimed at personalizing your stay, ranging from your preferred meals to music, mini-bar and of course, the type of butler service you would like. When you arrive by speed boat, your personal butler will greet you along with the management who are all wonderful. My wonderful personal butler was Phong who went out of his way to make my stay as memorable as possible. I had chosen the 'discreet' butler service and Phong just found the perfect mix of making sure i felt looked after and yet had as much privacy as possible.
Cuisine - outstanding. This is one of the big assets of An Lam. They offer a wonderful mix of Vietnamese and European meals - which as a European who does not want to miss her breads and cereal but also loves Vietnamese cuisine, was perfect. A big thank you for the wonderful breakfast (brown bred) which was slightly expanded during my stay to include delicacies as French Toast and Eggs Benedict.
Villas - I stayed in a Hilltop Villa but was moved to a Lagoon Villa for the last day as i had a late checkout. Both are exquisite. The Hilltop Villas have three levels with your own pool, wonderful living room area which includes espresso machine, extensive mini bar, daily fruit and snacks. The top floor where the bedroom is located has a balcony with sea view. I spent a lot of time in the Villa and never got tired of it. The resort also houses a library with conference centre, PC and printing facilities and the Villas have wireless.
Spa - has an extensive menu both for body treatments and facials. They also arrange baths in your villa. I tried the Balinese massage and was very happy with it.
Activities - An Lam offers a wide range of activities from sunset cruises to half day trips to the private beach with personalized picnic or excursions into the mainland. All are impeccably organized and reflect the attention to detail and care you experience elsewhere at An Lam.
AL also pays attention to the environment and strives to be socially responsible; they also offer the possibility of donating to local charity which is laudable.
All in all, an exquisite place which I can recommend highly. Thank you to all the wonderful staff and management who made my stay so memorable!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne T

Dear Anne T,

Greetings from An Lam Villas,

Thank you for your lovely review post your recent stay at our resort. It gives us great joy to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us. I have shared your feedback with all the resort and they are very happy to have received the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our island paradise for another memorable holiday.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

rm.nvb@anlam.com

Reviewed January 13, 2013

From the moment you get on board the speedboat your cares sweep away. Villas come with private pools and are superb. Butler service which is splendid but not obtrusive. The food is utterly delicious and excellent value for quality. Taxi from the airport will cost around £25 and takes about an hour.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
12  Thank iain_anderson
Zok R, General Manager at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Iain_Anderson

Thank you very much l for your favorable comments about your stay and wonderful food. One of the best features about An Lam, is the perfect balance of the good food and natural surroundings combining beach/mountains/forest into a beautiful setting of the resort. We are very grateful that we could share a piece of nature with you during your stay and exceed your expectation.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future . Thanks again for being our guest

An Lam Villas

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at An Lam for only two nights and we regretted it since it was way too short. We've never experienced anything like this before.

Facility: Ten out of ten. We love being isolated from the outside world. You have your own private beach and pool. It's just perfect for relaxation.

Customer Service: Top notch. Our butler Hai was more than helpful, willing to fix up any issue that we had. All staffs from the restaurant were all very patient, friendly and professional at all time. But above all, I need to give the Duty Manager (I did not remember her name properly so I am sorry in advance) my appreciation. She went extra miles to fix up some issues that we had and offered us plenty of compliments.

Food: Everything from the kitchen was delicious. Especially the home-made bread, they were out of this world. I could not stop eating them. The sushi platter was another high light from the menu.

I wish I could write even more to share our experience but we think that you need to go to An Lam to see and believe.

We will definitely recommend this place to anyone and will coming back one day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Van H
Zok R, General Manager at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Van H,

Warm greetings from across An Lam Villas,

We are delighted that you have enjoyed our resort location, service and facilities and hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in December 2012, we arrived very late in the evening and could not see much of our surroundings, Hai our butler and Ursula were waiting to welcome us, drinks and nibbles were offered and then we were taken to our Lagoon side villa, I can't say enough about it, our own pool, wine bar a bathroom so big you could have a party in it, our own wine bar, and a delicious spread of food and a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us. The next morning when I walked out onto our private decking area I was blown away with the view, it was beautiful. The staff were very attentive throughout our stay and could not do enough for you, there was a wide choice of food in the evenings and laid out beautifully. We would highly recommend a stay here for total relaxation, and stunning surroundings.

Room Tip: Definitely have the lagoon side villa
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paula1164

Dear Paula 1164,

Warm greetings from An Lam Villas,

First, we would like to thank you for posting a such a detailed review on the resort and the team. Your "phenomenal" comments just blow us away. It is a strong encouragement for all of our staffs during a hard working season. Your personal butler Hai is sending her best regards and thankfulness for wonderful feedback

We are delighted that you have enjoyed our resort location and food , service and facilities and hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you again for appreciating our effort in making your stay very special.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here in August 2012 for 4 nights and our experience from start to finish was just amazing.

Service - This was the first time in my life that I had a personal butler. He was very friendly, helpful and spoke excellent english (that´s not always a given in Vietnam). Although I have to admit that the idea of having a personal butler made me feel quite uncomfortable (I was raised to take care of my stuff myself), the actual experience was great. Think of your butler as a go-to-person in ANY case.

Value - You get what you pay for. It indeed was the most expensive place we stayed in Vietnam , but it was BY FAR the best place we stayed in. I don´t mind paying the extra-$ for such a great place.

Sleep Quality - It can´t be much quieter in a grave. Perfect! Though the beds were a little soft for me.

Cleanliness - As clean as such a place (in the heart of nature) can be. Yes there are some geckos in your room, but you can ask to have them removed if you find one. They didn´t bother us. We thought it was rather funny to have a little company in these huge villas.

Location - Breathtaking.

Rooms - Our Villa was absolutely fantastic. The design was lovely and made you feel at home right away. We didn´t get all of our butler´s explanations on how to use everything, because there was so much to see and so many details to awe you.

Spa - Wasn´t open yet, when we stayed. Didn´t bother us, looked nice from the outside.

Breakfast - What a way to start the day!! Everything was delicious - though you gotta ask for the "Vietnamese coffee". It´s out of this world!!

Our whole experience was mind-blowing and we would stay there again any time!!
HUGE shout-out to TJ& his amazing staff!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eric J
AnLamNinhVanBay, General Manager at L'Alyana Villas Ninh Van Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2016

Supper comment, thank you very much for the review. It was a pleasure to have served you as a guest at the An Lam.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We have been here 2 nights and while we still have a few more nights to go, can't wait to talk about this stunning place! The staff cannot be more helpful and courteous and it starts from the time you step into their waiting area to take the boat to the secluded property. We are staying in a hill rock villa is a 3-level split villa in the rocks. The bed is the best we have slept in and you won't be short of anything. They have thought of it all!
Our butler, Luan (spelling?), discovered that I had turned a little yellow on the boat ride and was quiet through dinner, so he made special ginger tea for me as a nightcap!
Today we we for a private picnic in a private part of the island and it was so stunningly memorable, splashing in the sea, having a gourmet spread being laid out for you and a scenic boat ride back. Our guide, Ngyuen, was a young chap who seems to have so much knowledge of the island.
I have a very hectic work schedule, but the last 48 hours have eased it all and I am totally rejuvenated. It's my husband and my first time, but we are now Epikurean fans all the way!
Thank you guys!

Room Tip: Hill rock villa 25 or 29
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ReachP

Dear Reach P,

Warm greetings from An Lam Villas

First, we would like to thank you for posting a such a detailed review on the resort and the team. Your "phenomenal" comments just blow us away. It is a strong encouragement for all of our staffs during a hard working season. Your Butler Luan is very delighted that he made you stay special and memorable

Thank you again for appreciating our effort in making your very stay special.