“Friendly Staff, Overrated Pizza”
Review of Olivia Restaurant

Olivia Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 527 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Reasonable prices, friendly staff, high quality, cool view, always listen to customer feedback
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Friendly Staff, Overrated Pizza”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Olivia was recommended to me by local expats for its delicious pizza. I've tried it twice and have come away disappointed both times. The staff are friendly -- that's true just about everywhere in the backpacker neighborhood -- but the pizza was below average, not delicious at all. For friendly staff AND good pizza at about the same price, try Cyclo restaurant a couple blocks west in the same street.

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
“Poor service”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Not a friendly restaurant. Service poor, food mediocre. Menu options limited. Fairly basic surroundings.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Great Italian close to the beach”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We tried this place a few days after Good Morning Vietnam and ordered the same two dishes at both places - bruschetta and Pizza Diavola. We enjoyed the food more at Olivia and felt they used a lot more fresh ingredients (capers, herbs, olives) on the bruschetta and the pizza crust was a lot tastier. Both places are good if you're craving Italian food but Olivia had that extra something special. Service was also great. Definitely a good spot to check out!

Visited November 2012
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Not enough cheese sometimes”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I only eat pizza at this restaurant and it used to be my first choice pizza restaurant in Nha Trang. Unfortunately, of late it has proven to be somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes the pizzas are very good and other times they are decidedly short on cheese. When I visit there now I always ask for double cheese to ensure I get enough but of course this incurs an additional cost. When it's good it's very good when it isn't it certainly isn't. Rapid staff turnover.

• Visited August 2012
Seoul, South Korea
“Best Italian Food in Nha Trang”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After visiting this restaurant 4 or 5 times during our stay in Nha Trang, I can't understand why it's not ranked in the top 5. We consistently received top-notch service. The food is delicious and a great value for the money. My favorite main dish was the spinach and gorgonzola ravioli while my wife loved the beef ravioli with tomato sauce. The pizza was also very well done. We make it a point to order bruschetta at every Italian restaurant we dine at, and Olivia's is among the best we've tried so far. Well worth a visit if you have a taste for Italian food while at the beach. The only disappointment was that I tried to order a martini one night, and the staff had no idea what to do - however I'm very used to this since I live in Asia!

• Visited October 2012