“Overpriced and very small portion”
Review of Yen's Restaurant

Yen's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 548 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Since our opening 4 years ago, Yen's Restaurant has offered Traditional Vietnamese Cuisine (with a modern touch)to our customers. Our intense focus at offering excellent service, great atmosphere and utmost quality meals have brought us many praises by our regular patrons, guidebooks and tourists alike. Bonus, you can now order cocktails from our lounge\bar area on the 5th floor (at The Rooftop Lounge, you can also order and have your dinner there). Come visit us to enjoy of genuine brand of hospitality and see yourself why we have been in the Top Restaurant of Nha Trang on Tripadvisor since our opening. Don't hesitate to contact our team to reserve a table (or any other special request) at Yen's Restaurant; our team is at your service!NEW AT YEN'S RESTAURANT: Live music, 3 nights of guitar and violin and 4 nights of traditional Vietnamese music. It never been so good to come to Yen's Restaurant!
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We took the advice from tripadvisor but were disappointed. The food was tasty but way too small portions. I had the claypot that contained only 5 mini pieces of porc and my partner had the seafood plate for 155 vnd that were only 4 sticks with veggies and some fish.

We were both still hungry when we left and paid 265000 vnd.

1  Thank snoezebolle

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Having stumbled on this little restaurant last night, looking to dine in the rooftop restaurant next door, we were pleasantly surprised.
Have just read comment below, I couldn't disagree more with all the points. The food was tasty, I opted for the caramarlised pork, ( pork melted in the mouth) and my partner the chicken noodles. With a side of deep fried pork spring rolls, this was the best Vietnamese meal we have had in Nha Trang.

Service was attentive, and the final bill which included beers as well was about £7.

Definately would return again, and only discovered this restaurant was in TA top ten, when we got back to the hotel.

1  Thank andywat
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Map and direntions are not accurate. If you want to go here go down the street next to the Yen Yen massage place. About 50 metres on your right.

At the risk of being berated and my integrity and intelligence questioned, as seems the case with others who have anything less than a good review, I will have to be honest and say this was the worst place we ate in Nha Trang in our five nights. I will preempt a couple of the comments I expect from this less than favorable review as I have no opportunity to respond to comments made by the owner. We ate at all three of the top rated on TA and saved this one until last as the best rated Vietnamese restaurant. For starters it amused me that the menu requests you write a review on TA, good or bad so that they find out what people think. The past two negative reviews received a barrage of quite nasty comments and lengthy explanations of how inept the reviewers understanding of Vietnamese food and culture are. (We are the customer and if we are unhappy with your service, food, value or atmosphere then we have the right to say so and instead of being defensive and belittling your customers you should be accepting the constructive criticism… you asked for it!!) The food was OK but nothing special. (Is this point where you tell me I chose badly? Why then have these choices on the menu?) I had been to a cooking course at one of the other rated places in the morning and was impressed with the claypot I cooked so was keen for my companion to try a claypot. We selected the chicken one and truly mine was superior to this dry and tough example. (This is where you will make the point about regional/chef differences that I, as a non Vietnamese, don't understand. It doesn’t change the fact that the chicken was dry and tough). The vegetarian noodle dish was good but included egg and I’m guessing a pork stock and probably fish sauce. (At this point you will tell me I’m wrong and you always use vegetarian stock in your vegetarian dishes). The rice was gluggy and tasted old- we hardly touched it. I ignored the fact that the table next to us smoked continually (regardless of this being Vietnam many restaurants have signs asking patrons to smoke outside) and ignored the fresh paint smell. All in all it is the only restaurant of six in Nha Trang I would not return to. This is my fifth visit to Vietnam, second to Nha Trang.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good spot, enjoyed the food and service. Had the pork and shrimp spring rolls, beef salad and the chicken curry, all of which were delicious. Will definitely visit again on my next visit to Nha Trang.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Research pays off in south east asia and this is another example. For us it's about service, and there is something special about Yen that she obviously hands on to her staff. Food is fresh and value for money.