“Didn't quite live up to the raves . . .”
Review of The Shack Vietnam

The Shack Vietnam
Ranked #64 of 555 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed April 28, 2013

After reading reviews for this place for quite awhile, I finally had the opportunity to try it myself. While the burrito I had was tasty, it was far from what I'd say was Mexican! The 'salsa' wasn't really salsa, it was a sauce of some sort, completely blended. Not bad tasting, but not salsa! The chips with the salsa and chips were home made, warm and tasty. My friend had a quesodilla that he thoroughly enjoyed. I'll definitely go back next time I go to Long Beach, but my expectations will be a little lower . . . all that being said, the view is spectacular, the beer cold, the food decent, and the service ok.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We visited Nha trang in January, so there was a rainy and cloudy weather almost all the time. But we found a way out. Just 23 km South from NhaTrang and your getting into the sunny weather without any clouds in the sky! It was amazing. Clear water, great waves to swing on, wonderful view, delicious dishes with fresh seafoods. Everything was great! I took a bronze dark sun tan and amazing impressions from here!

1  Thank Bella D
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Was lucky enough to be taken here by some local expats. What a great venue with a stunning setting. You get to pick your deck chair on the beautiful white sandy facing a blue blue sea. We ordered the fish tacos which were yummy but small, so order plenty and also the burrito which was huge and really tasty. The food took a bit of a wait as it was the weekend but definitely worth waiting for. Sit back enjoy the view and order a cold beer!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This really is a hidden gem in Nha Trang. The beach is stunning with a great mountain back drop and it's not as busy as the main beach which is a bonus. The Shack offers boards to hire for surfing which is great and fun and the food is pretty awesome. The fish tacos are great. The owner and all the staff are really friendly. Worth a trip down the coast for this.

1  Thank Cal1006
Reviewed April 11, 2013

One if not the best beach spots in vietnam. Its off the beaten path, so to get there i would drive the coast on a moto. They have surfboards and paddleboards etc that you can rent. If theres not waves at the time your there you can still paddleboard around the shoreline. I had some surf sessions with some local ex pats and vietnamese. I couldnt believe i was ssurfing and sharing waves in vietnam. Its literally on the beach and the mexican food was killer. Tipee had the aloha spirit going strong and the staff showed me alota love. I cant wait to get back there to lay back on a hammock and play guitar while taking in the beauty of the place. Kickin back here are some of my best memories in nam. The place rules, i wanted to handcuff myself to the patio so i could die there happy and smiling.

1  Thank brendanc785