“Cool place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Shack Vietnam

The Shack Vietnam
Ranked #54 of 487 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Asian, Vietnamese, Pub
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Cool place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We spent a few hours there today for lunch, beers and a swim. Everything you read here at TA about the Shack is spot on. Such a laid back place to be. I could immagine spending days there in my youth, just bumming it.
I was happy to meet Tippy and his staff who are like friends, to be made to feel part of the crew and to find other people there all so friendly and ready for a casual chat.
We absolutely loved it and my son thought the burgers were outstanding. Drinks excellent, no watered down spirits and cold beer that you dont have to ruin with ice which seems quite common here in Nha Trang.
Do yourself a favour and just get yourself there...I doubt there's many other places like this anywhere, not just Vietnam.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Bofman

• Vietnamese first
Edmonton
“Best stop on Bai Dai Beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

There are a number of little restaurants that line this beach, this one is by far the busiest and the best. Offering fresh seafood, as well as western and Vietnamese dishes. Good serving size and great tasting food. Prices are reasonable and location is excellent!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ebell1
tampa, fla
“Great Burgers and Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Take the ride from Nha Trang for a day at the Beach Shack on Bai Dai Beach, The beach is great, Great Surfing in season. Food at the Shack is soooo good and the bear is so cold.

For the best burger in Vietnam this is the place, sit right on the beach with the crystal clear water lapping at your feet.

1 Thank Doylehedgecock
Boston, Massachusetts
“Get the fish tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I just came back from Mexico on another trip after getting back from SE Asia and I'm fairly certain the fish tacos at the Shack were better than any that I had in Mexico. The fish is flaky and the batter is light and crunchy and the sauce the tacos come with is outstanding. A great place to sit and enjoy the beach, the ride out to Bai Dai beach is definitely worth it to visit the Shack and have a nice, relaxing day at a much nicer, quieter beach than Nha Trang.

Saigon
“More than I expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Heading here from Nha Trang in the afternoon. It's easy when you finally reach Nguyen Tat Thanh Highway. There you go, following the beautiful road straight to Bai Dai. We parked your bike and asked for Shack, the local girl said "oh..."quan ong Tay" (means the restaurant of the foreign guy) then showed us where it was. Shack was not the only beach stall there. But once you came, it was hard to not to be back! Tippy the owner was very friendly and hospitable. We came there after we finished lunch so we were still full and just ordered something to drink then jumped into the crystal clear water!!! He just let us and kept coming back some times to ask if we needed anything else. Totally different from some owners that would be annoyed if you just came to sit in their table when just ordered a Coke and they would keep "pressuring" you to order something more (!) Even in Vung Tau I had to rent the table and chairs, but here they are all free. When we finished, it was already 5:00PM and we were supposed to come back. But from what I read here, I didn't want to miss "the best burger in VN" so we stayed. And I'm glad we did because it was the best thing since sliced bread!!!