“Great Eggs Benedict & Iced Coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Guava - CLOSED

Guava
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Guava is open from 7AM daily. Breakfasts include Eggs Benedict, Breakfast Burritos, and English Breakfasts.Enjoy our BBQ Garden, traditional Vietnamese fare cooked at your table. Special dishes include Crocodile and Ostrich on the Grill.Weekly specials such as Sunday Roast Dinners, Mondays Steak and Shrimp Night, Chicken Wing Wednesdays, and more!Proudly serving great meals in Nha Trang since 2003!
Phuket, Thailand
“Great Eggs Benedict & Iced Coffee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am a huge lover of eggs benedict and I heard they did a good one here. I've been twice. I can say they are excellent...definitely the best I've had in two years in Asia. They were poached perfectly both times with ham underneath and bacon on top and came with nice potato wedges (see the pic I posted). Also, I quite enjoyed their coffee shake. I'll be back for sure!

• Visited May 2013

Hong Kong, China
“cool place, good music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

we hit this spot on a night when there was a canadian guy and his band playing. cool music, overall a great night. friendly owner. met some new friends. highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great Bar and great place for the hangover food needed in the morning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

When we arrived in nha trang this was the first bar we visited it was late but we could still get a bite to eat and had a great atmosphere on a Saturday evening with live music. After one to many we returned the next day and had the best burgers with homemade chips. There is a great Aussie guy who works trying to encourage you in we said we fancied Indian so he gave us a great recommendation.

Alaska
“Pretty darn good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've learned something about Nha Trang -- the slightly more upscale a restaurant is (by means of decor and menu design), the slightly more fluent their servers are in English, and more entertainment offerings (such as TVs), you pay a little bit more for these added perks for food that is comparable (or slightly better) than other restaurants that are cheaper.

Guava is sorta like that. Their menu is well-designed, laminated, and actually explains what is in a dish. The ambiance is laid-back Western, with a pool table, outdoor seating, and indoor chairs that are cushy. The decor is nice, with soft lighting and glass tables, and the servers tend to speak decent English.

They have daily specials, which include chicken wing Wednesday and 2-for-1 bellinis for ladies on Tuesdays. They do an at-your-table barbecue set-up, which I have yet to try, but looks intriguing (and they have a vegetarian option, which I like!) They have a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and their peach bellini really is a great-tasting drink. I like how things are a little more up-scale in terms of food and drink quality; they're not mixing astringent Vietnamese vodka with cheap, watered-down and oversweetened orange juice -- they make quality stuff.

I was a little disappointed in their muesli-fruit-yogurt dish -- it was a large bowl of fruit, but mostly boring watermelon and literally had 2 tablespoons each of yogurt and Kellogg's Mueslix. Hardly an exciting or super-tasty meal. Their vegetarian Buddha plate was pretty good, but for 105,000d, it wasn't a lot of food. Their chickpea burger is great, but serving it with a side of Caesar's salad seems a bit counterproductive for a vegetarian customer.

However, everything has consistently been rather tasty and fresh every time we have gone there for food, and I appreciate how attentive and friendly the staff is. It's nice that the place is managed and worked by such helpful and kind folks, and I like how they always have some sort of live music or DJ thing going on all the time. And they also broadcast many sports events live, so you are in luck to find your favorite team playing on the big screen.

If you're willing to fork over just a little extra cash for what should be a nice night of drinks, food, and entertainment, Guava's the place.

ziondog, Owner at Guava, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful review. I am happy to hear feedback so we can improve the quality of our products. I have recently been working towards improving the quality of our Vegetarian food, and will take in mind your suggestions.

Best Regards,

Quinn Louie
Owner.
“Eggs benedict was amaze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

The eggs bndct was topped with two bite sized slivers of crispy bacon. Came with a side of wedges. Fantastic. With ice coffee totalled $vnd 120,000. Went late morning. The place was empty and dark. Perfect for nursing my hangover