“AnOpenHandTravel Co.,Ltd., fantastic”
Review of Nha Trang Tour

Nha Trang Tour
Ranked #45 of 115 Tours in Nha Trang
More attraction details
Owner description: -Operate group tour in Nha Trang : 4 Island Boat Trip & Amazing Snorkeling Tour. -Administrator of online booking system -Consultant of immigration services (Visa On Arrival,Visa Extension,Work permit,Residence Card,Real Estate,Property) -Operate multi-day tours via Indochina (Viet Nam,Laos,Cambodia) -Spearing fish at Nha Trang Bay or Van Phong Bay -Trekking at Bidoup National Park ,Nam Cat Tien National Park -Morning Exercise by bikecycle at Nha Trang -Central Highland Tour -Consultant of hotel reservation in Viet Nam,Laos ,Cambodia
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AnOpenHandTravel Co.,Ltd., fantastic”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Spent 1 week in Nha Trang with my wife and 3 sons ages 23,20 and 17. Thoa from AnOpenHand Travel looked after our transferrs too and from the airport plus a few day trips. Thao was a very professional tour guide, knowlegable, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We did a city tour, that was the best part of 7 hours, it was just awesome. Snorkeling and a 70 km bike tour to BaHo.

I would highly recomend Thao and AnOpenHand Travel to anyone wanting a personal tour of Nha Trang

Visited February 2014
1 Thank john s

• Vietnamese first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“A great day out”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great entertainment for a day. Nice food and good locations, and a nice way to meet new people from all around the world!

Visited January 2014
Doha, Qatar
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scenic”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We fell in love with Nha Trang right from the moment we stepped outside the little airport. The drive to our hotel was about half an hour or so but it was just beautiful sceneries as we drove along. The mountains on the left side and on the right was the sea, just the perfect destination for a holiday.

We spent two nights there and went on a boat trip with a group of about 15 people. We visited four different islands and along the way stopped where people could go snorkeling. The first stop was a cave which has been carved out like a huge fish. Inside which was an aquarium. We also stopped at a fish farm where one could select the fish that one likes to eat and they'd cook it for them. Another stop was a small beach where some who liked to go parasailing, did so.

We had lunch on the boat which was not very appetizing as it was cold food. So, we didn't really enjoy the food, but ate it somehow as we were hungry.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Globetrotter2311
Melbourne
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Tour wasn't what we paid for”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We specifically choose this tour as it was a small group, no more than 20 people and apparently better food. It cost double what other snorkelling tours cost. The tour agent told us to be wary of other companies as they say they are small groups but often have 30 plus people on board. He said generally the boats have 10-15 people.

Around 14 of us were ferried in a mini bus and we thought 14 is okay particularly when we got on the boat and found it wasn't that large.

A few minutes later we were told we had to wait a few minutes for the next bus load to arrive. That's right another mini bus with 9 people on it, so 23 in total when the maximum group size was 20. Doesn't sound like much of a difference but when you pay double to go in a small group and have some space it does make a difference. At lunch the tour guide Bruce Lee told everyone to squash up and be close like family as there wasnt enough room around the table for everyone, in fact there wasnt enough food, they were three plates short and had to get the other boat to pass over more food. Up front it looked like they didnt expect all 23 people.

The quality of the food left quite a bit to be desired. We know preparing food out on the ocean is a challenge but we have eaten some very good food with other companies and this certainly wasnt up to standard. Luckily I had a bag of twisties with me.

When we arrived at the first spot there were so many other boats and people, certainly not what we were told the experience would be. We had been told we would be going to quiet spots away from the other boats, yeh right, we counted 10 other boats and over 150 hundred people when we arrived and more kept coming.

Then after lunch we were taken to a spot that had no coral, just really deep water.

Thinking there had been a mistake and we had been put on the wrong boat, particularly as backpackers on board said they had paid half the price, I went back to the tour agent when we returned to town.

At first he said i mustn't have counted correctly. Then he said the other people where staff. When I didn't accept this he said sometimes they do out more people on the boat as it is the only day some people can go and they really want to go with his company. So it seems the maximum of 20 people isn't really a maximum. I was perplexed.

He offered to refund the difference in the tour cost and although it wasnt about the money as I was happy to pay double if we got a small tour and ideally food that was edible, I accepted the offer. However he then said he would only refund money if I had a signed statement from the tour leader indicating there were more than 20 people on board. This was something I did not have but i had photos. when i went to show them to him, he called me a liar and asked me to leave.

I went there thinking he would thank me for the feedback and perhaps say he will look into it to ensure it doesn't happen again, but to tell me at first I couldn't count then to say it was crew when it wasnt and then to say that if the tour is full but people want to go, they increase the numbers was amazing and to then call me a liar. There are some great tours and honest operators in Vietnam but alas the tour agent who sold us the amazing snorkelling tour trip was not one of them.

And to top it off the on board toilet was the worst I have seen on any boat and I have been on a few in Asia.

The day itself was okay but rating is based on we didnt get what was promised and the response we received when we provided feedback.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank Jacalyn Leah M
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Snorkelling Day Tour”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Very good experience with the tour. Great snorkelling and the tour guide staff are great. Totally worth it and will recommend to anyone going to Nha Trang.

Visited September 2013