“TOP VALUE hotel stay!”
Review of Pho Bien Hotel

Pho Bien Hotel
Ranked #14 of 315 Nha Trang B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was lucky to get a room without a reservation. I arrived early in the morning, on the sleeping bus from Can Tho to Nha Trang (another story!). I did need to wait for a room to be made up-- and was able to partake of the Breakfast Buffet (7-10am), which offered several options, included fried eggs, omelet, bacon or sausage, and warmed baguette. Numerous other selections are avaiolable at the buffet:: pineaplle and watermelon; sliced tomatoes and cucumber; cole slaw and potatoe salad, jams, and tea and coffee with canned or 'fresh'(boxed) milk.
There's a lift. The rooms are CLEAN, quiet, with minibar-fridge, Cable TV, AC, and plenty of HOT water. The bed is comfy, too.
The staff are friendly (remember your room #), courteous, and very helpful-- whether regarding local directions, bus or plane tickets, taxi or mototaxi, places to eat, or attractions to see.
If you leave your key, and ask, they will make- up your room daily.
I originally booked for two days, and stayed four nights-- I strongly recommend Pho Bien. The beach is merely down the lane and across the street.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Newly Renovated, with very comfy bed and nice bathroom. The room we had was at the 5th floor with the sea view. And for the money was a very good deal. 100m to the sea and 200m from the sailing club. The staff was super helpful and nice, both Ni and Sam. Next time we'll be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Listes
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have had a wonderful four nights here at the hotel, easy to restaurants, bars, beach and more. The rooms are clean, hot water, comfortable, fridge, air con, WiFi, and more. Very happy pleasant friendly staff. Would recommend for all. We will be back for shore!!!

Room Tip: All are great, top story's have beautiful views,
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayllinga
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel now 5 times over the last 6 years last time was for 6 weeks and I find the hotel to be comfortable, clean and well serviced on a daily basis. the staff from the house maids to the receptionists SAM and NI are always courteous and helpful and have lots of experience in their job which makes information about nha trang easily accessible for those who need information of most categories. I have stayed in many hotels in Asia including Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, china, Indonesia and Cambodia in the last few years as I roam around enjoying asia and have found Pho Bien hotel to be up there with the good hotels that are value for money

Room Tip: the top floor has 2 rooms that share a huge balcony which overlooks the beach, water and islands, a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights a few weeks ago and found the hotel very average really. Have been travelling through Asia for 3 months and have definitely stayed in better places for a better price. The rooms were OK but could barely see the sea in my "sea view" room And there was sometimes a strange smell in the bathroom. There were also two bottles of water in the room when we checked in which we believed to be complimentary as they were not in the mini bar. Now everywhere else we have stayed we know what is in the mini bar has to be paid for but when there is water left out it is usually complimentary. When we checked out though we were charged for them. When I suggested to the lady on reception that they should have a note in the room advising how much the water is she smirked at me as if this happens all the time. I know its really not much cost wise but its the under handness about it that bothered me. Also I would not advise getting laundry done as some of my items, that had been washed many times previously, came back shrunk which I only realised after leaving the hotel. On a plus side the location is very good clothes to lots of bars, restaurants and right beside the beach area.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Great little hotel which is literally 2mins from the beach. Staff are friendly & variety of rooms available which can offer an ocean view. As we are on a budget we selected a cheap $9 twin room on the 2nd floor, it big and really has everything you need.

Only niggle is they don't automatically clean your room, even after a long stay so this does need to be requested but other than that, great hotel close to beach & bars / restaurants a short stroll away

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We found this place based on lonely planet recommendation and we didn't regret it. Our room was huge with three large beds which would easily sleep six people. We had a bit of a view as well. And that was all for $13. Can't get a better value than that I think. The room was clean and cleaned regularly. The bathroom was basic but clean and with no glitches or issues. The staff (I think her name was Nhi) was very helpful and kind and her English was excellent which was a welcome change.

The hotel is right across a street from the beautiful beach in an alley which drowns out most of the traffic. If and when I come back to Nha Trang, I'm coming back to this place.

Room Tip: get the bigger rooms for a couple more dollars and get the extra comfort.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends