“almost sympatic, some very good dishes, some "standard"”
Review of Refuge

Refuge
Ranked #25 of 527 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: An establishment convivial and welcoming. As a bistro or wine bar that you can find in Paris. It’s a great place to have fun, with delicious and generous french meal,and of course a great choice of wine. Unique in the city.
Grasse, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“almost sympatic, some very good dishes, some "standard"”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The dishes are very good and "really french".
Cordon bleu and tartiflette were terrific.
I don't agree with the "ungood" notes:
yes, boss was really present at the beginning, but let us eat and discuss afterward.
the dishes are very good, and very french (I'm french)
Only issue we had, was a group of 5 men coming at the end of our diner, which were very drunk and speaking very loud.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Pierre L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“totally fantastic experience”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were greeted by the owner when we arrived for lunch and he recommended some excellent dishes. The meals are filling and big; definitely good value for money. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the owner so friendly that we returned that evening to have dinner. My favourites were the crepes, I had the mushroom one, the Nutella and the apple and cinnamon, all amazing! We felt very relaxed, welcomed and at home in this restaurant. I fully recommend it to anybody who needs a break from the bustle of Vietnam. The grolle cocktail was fantastic, you must try it!

• Visited September 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“A fantastic French dining experience in Vietnam.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I just relocated to Nga Trang, Vietnam, and stumbled upon this restaurant. It doesn't look grand from the outside, but thats because they have the door closed because its one of the only places in town with air conditioning! The proprietor/owner greeted me in French and English and from there collaborated on a fantastic dining experience, giving his recommendations from the menu, helping me with pairing wine, and letting me sample items. He even encouraged me to try the chocolate mousse, which I am eternally grateful because it was the best I'd ever had. There was a fun mix of French nationals, travelers, and vacationers in there, all interacting and laughing in the intimate environment. I really recommend this place for those people in Nga Trang who want to get away from the touristy restaurants and instead have some great local French-Viet fusion cuisine.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, Great service and cosy”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I wanted a quiet night out with some French food as a break from rice and curry. We were greated by the owner and served by him for the whole evening. We stared with a cheese platter which was much nicer than most cheeses I had tasted and then onto the cordon bleu for mains. Great sized meals and nice friendly service made it a fantastic night.

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful meal and service”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Excellent meal - we had the cheese plate with cheese imported from France. It was huge! the cordon blue was a bit dry but very tasty.
The atmosphere was wonderful and service and welcome by the owner was excellent.
Make sure you try the "le grolle" cocktail. It is lit on fire before it is served and looks great. Tastes even better!
Wonderful meal.