“Great respite from the heat and good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Refuge

Refuge
Ranked #23 of 476 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: An establishment convivial and welcoming. A decor atypical in wood, a chalet in Vietnam. A change of scene in Vietnam, where you will find great french meal, delicious and generous. For sure a place you should test !
bundeena
“Great respite from the heat and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

The meals are huge we visited here twice my husband enjoyed the crocodile and i had the chefs grandmothers potato with bacon bake it was so filling.The next Visit I had the chicken schnitzel the biggest i have ever had. we shared a meat platter which was very nice.Great chocolate mousse and lemon sorbet with vodka.
Tip go with a big appetite.Great aircon.good wines

• Visited June 2012

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Budapest, Hungary
“Crocodile heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Every crocodile would like to end in the Refuge! The (crocodile) dish was awesome, the rose was exquisite and the chocolate mousse was perfect. Atmosphere is authentic and it may be a little pricy, but hey! It is CROCODILE :)

Ennis, Ireland
“Great food but very expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great little find as it is the only place I found in the city with air conditioning, great when escaping from the Vietnamese sun. I loved the food here, I had crocodile for the first time on the recommendation of the owner and it was delicious. My partner did say the cordon blu was poor but we both loved his blue cheese sauce(an extra charge). The owner was more than happy to give out food and cooking tips to the diners. I have only given it 4/5 because I though it was way over priced compared to other places locally.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vonbe123
London, United Kingdom
“Very rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My partner and I popped in to this retaurant as we thought it looked fun and the menu sounded promising. We were intending to while away the afternoon over a bottle of wine and some cheese/nibbles as it was mid-afternoon and a terrential rainstorm had just started. When we sat down we ordered a couple of soft drinks while we looked at the menu. At which point, the owner/maitre d' came over and, despite there being only ONE other person in the restaurant, told us that we were not welcome if we were not eating. She was so rude that we decided not to stay and give them our money. I was really quite taken aback by how rude this woman was as everyone else we have met on our trip has been very friendly. This place is called 'Refuge' but I certainly wouldn't go here if you would like to be treated with courtesy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank smylierachel
Vienna, Virginia
“Disappointing and rude owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My children and I were really looking forward to our meal here based on the reviews we read. I ordered pork chops and asked if a vegetable came with it. He responded yes. Apparently he was not happy when I followed with, "what vegetable"? He said string beans. OK, I will have the string beans. When I asked about wine the owner made a recommendation of a rose which is not my taste so I responded that I didn't care for pink wine (apparently he had no sense of humor) so I requested a sauvignon blanc. When I took my first sip I have to say, the quality was not what I expected in a French restaurant, nor to my liking. When I mentioned it he became irate, and said "I just opened the box!!" I guess having never drunk wine from a box, I was expected to like it or leave it. Most restaurants will remove the wine from the table and offer something else, or take it off the check. He did neither, but walked away and never came back, sending one of his minions (or wife perhaps instead). The rest of the evening went downhill from there. My children had finished their meals before mine was ever brought out. I asked when my "pork chops" would be ready and was informed in another 10 minutes. So, I had now been sitting there watching them eat, and now they had to wait for me to eat. Totally unacceptable. Oh, and the vegetable was zucchini (two thin slices) not string beans! The food was OK, but not memorable.

• Visited July 2012