“Lovely seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were very warmly welcomed to lemongrass and the service was great throughout our meal.
I had BBQ king prawns and my partner had lemongrass chicken, both delicious. The seafood selection was fresh, delicious and reasonably priced.
If you are looking for a basic, no frills, reasonably priced meal in Nha Trang, lemongrass is a good choice.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were told by another traveller that this restaurant served great food so decided to try it for ourselves for evening meal.I was very surprised when I later looked at the average reviews on TA.Our experience was all good.The vegetarian fried rice was delicious and my husband and son both ordered the pork spare ribs and thoroughly enjoyed.There were two different lots of ribs on the menu,the waiter telling us which were the better ones(maybe the other reviewers had the not so good ones).I can honestly say the meat was falling off the bones,so tender and delicious.Our waiter spoke great english and engaged us in lots of conversation.We are already planning to go back again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch yesterday afternoon, mostly picked this place because we were running out of options due to the heavy rain beginning to fall. It seemed quite cheap so ordered a simple steak sandwich. I think it's fair to say the food was poor. Presentation wise, I think the chef could take some inspiration from McDonald's it was that bad. Looked as if the sandwich was thrown together from a significant height. The cheap white bread was partly toasted, and the "steak" was a tiny piece of beaten up beef cooked within an inch of it's life. The steak was far too small, only about half the size of the bread.
Service was slow as well. All in all, I wish we sacrificed getting rained on in favour of finding a better restaurant. Avoid if possible.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We ended up there because we forgot our guides in the hotel room, we were running out of time at 9.00pm and the restaurant was 1/2 full... The terrace setting is obviously the one good thing about this place. Tables are set in a row and you're not really given a choice of where to sit. The menu is not really inspiring (maybe the extended russian option has more details). We agree with the recent reviews, the waiters couldn't be bothered to do their job. Food was not great. We never forgot our guides again!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Mecca-Lemongrass Review - 03-17-13. We came here a couple years ago but never submitted a review. At the time, I believe we thought the place was pretty good, and I do believe is was much higher rated a year or two ago. Perhaps it has changed hands? We arrived around 6:30 pm, just ahead of other diners.

For starters, we had the crab meat soup. I tasted a bit of asparagus, cilantro, parsley but unfortunately no crab. Next came the BIG Seafood Basket for 249,000d, consisting of five, whole medium shrimp (heads on of course), four very small oysters, some very small mussels, and some penny-sized clams). There was also a plate of small calamari bits. A small fried (or maybe grilled?) fish of perhaps 100g before cooking (much less after cooking) was also delivered to the table. It lacked moisture and had been cooked too long. Was it a leftover from an earlier day?

Like many other restaurants in Nha Trang, portions here are small, which is okay if the price is adjusted accordingly. Nha Trang isn’t London, Paris, New York, or Moscow. Labor is a big component of the cost of running a restaurant, so that should leave plenty of room for decent portions and good food in this country. Is this the standard for restaurants located in the heart of the Nha Trang tourist zone? I don't believe so, as Olivia is just a couple doors away and serving pretty good fare.

Don’t ever ask if the dish will serve two because it generally it will not. The big seafood basked for 249,000d realistically serves one. I also had a Saigon Red beer for 16,000d. Order double portions and you may come away full and satisfied.

1. Asparagus - Crab meat soup - 25,000 d X 2 = 50,000d