Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa
Lammy Hotel(Nha Trang)
Hai Au Hotel(Nha Trang)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Kim Uyen Hotel(Nha Trang)
  • Restaurant
1,891 results
All reviewsthe club loungealtitude barfeast restaurantcooking schoolrooftop baracross the roadinfinity poolcooking classjunior suitedim sumbuffet breakfastfantastic hoteltour deskbeach chairssteam roombusy roadpho
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights. Lovely hotel. Great location. Pool was fantastic. Staff very helpful. Couldn't connect to the wireless internet for some reason with my android phone however my husband could with his iPhone. Went to reception but they couldn't work it out either. Steam and spice restaurant was great

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear “Connor S”,
Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted that you and your husband have had a wonderful stay with us and gave us top marks.

We are looking forward for your return

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

After choosing the sheraton over novotel, im glad i made the right choice. This is 5 star and worth the money if wanting some luxury in vietnam. Nha trang is much cleaner than say hanoi which is a nice change. Booked a premium room which gives u the extra space if staying for more than a couple of nights, basically gives u a walk in robe and a massive bathroom much like the suites.
Breakfast was ok as expected but some refinements in quality of food would be nice. The beach area should have more seats amd umbrellas. Pool area was great.
Overall satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank travel_yoda_aus

Dear “lomax_australia”,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy that you had a great experience in Nha Trang and enjoyed our Premium Deluxe rooms.

In relation to the limited beach chairs and umbrellas, the beach is public and we are only provided a license for a set number of umbrellas and chairs.

We have passed on your comments regarding breakfast to the culinary team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Stay Connected & Warm regards.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Sheraton Hotel Review - 03-12-14
26-28 Tran Phu Street, Nha Trang

Dates of Stay: 03-04 - 03-12-14
Room: #2225

We checked in around 11 AM. For this trip, we stayed in an Executive Suite, which was quite nice. After staying at the Sheraton Nha Trang six times since they opened in 2010, we are always looking for changes. It feels comfortable here. However, Nha Trang has no shortage of comfortable and inexpensive lodgings offering both comfort and security.

Some of the hotels we have stayed at in Nha Trang were as cheap as $22/night. Granted, while they didn’t offer a lot of luxury, they did offer tremendous value. Then again, there are hotels that offer perhaps a bit more luxury than the Sheraton but their price point is way outside what many well-heeled travelers would pay. So we have done all sorts of stays in Nha Trang, and we always come back to the Sheraton year-after-year.

So how is the hotel holding up compared to my review last year? First, the hotel is renovating several floors, starting at ground level and below. Most of this work is taking place on the Tran Phu street side. I also believe upgrades were occurring on the 9th floor and above but we never heard any construction noise, perhaps because we were staying on the 22nd floor of the hotel.

The Rooms

The Executive Suite is quite large (around 70 sq. meters), consisting of three major rooms, excluding the walk-in closet.

Sitting Room

The first room encountered upon entry is the large sitting room with wall mounted flat panel TV and a slider that opens to a fairly large balcony with table and two chairs. This room also has a work desk, portable in-house telephone, wired Internet and wi-fi as well. There is a large ‘L’ shaped sofa capable of seating at least seven people. In front of the sofa there was a coffee table. There is also a well-stocked mini bar and a generous supply of complimentary water (six bottles).

Like the bedroom, this room had its own thermostat. The air-conditioning is powerful and cools the room quickly. It responded quickly to demand for heating or cooling (In March, we never chose heating.)

The carpets in this room had evidence of prior stains but the cleaning was quite adequate. Light carpet colors were a good choice as cleaning has a tendency to lighten dark colors, making the cleaning quite evident. There is a plan to replace the carpets on this floor soon, so I was told.

This room also has an entry to a walk-in closet. There was plenty of space to store suitcases and hang clothes. There was hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. The closet also had a safe attached to the furniture. A nice feature about the safe are the several small holes in the rear that allow one to feed your power cable to charge your gadgets while being locked up in the safe. There is only on outlet behind the safe, so if you want to charge more than one device you will need a small power strip. There are many light and small travel power strips on the market.

Bedroom

The bedroom reminded me a lot of the one in the Mini-Suite. The large bed was as comfortable as I remembered it last year. I did not have any problems sleeping in this bed, the most comfortable of our seven week trip. We also had a flat screen TV in this room. The bedding was immaculate and appeared new. All the outlets and light switches worked. Room lighting was superior. The carpets were clean and in good repair.

Television

Alas, not too many Americans are coming here these days. It’s a matter of finances and being able to afford international travel. So this leads up to the number of English speaking television stations still available on the in-house TV system There were still quite a few. For early nights in, here are some of the English broadcast channels I found during this visit:

CNN
Star Sports
FOX Sports
CHANNEL V International
CCTV News

In addition to English programming, I also found programming in several other languages, like Chinese, Russian, French, German, and Italian. Vietnamese programing was abundant.

Bathroom

The bathroom in the Executive Suite was quite nice as one could imagine. It’s sort of divided into three areas. One large room contains the jacuzzi bath and shower. The jacuzzi overlooks Tran Phu street and the ocean to the south. There are privacy blinds if you need them or just want to be shaded from the afternoon sun. There is another compartment, which contains the sink and grooming area and another for the toilet.

There were no odors coming from either of the two bathroom drains that I could detect, and my nose is still working quite well these days. Bathroom odors are a common problem in Vietnam.

I felt kind of guilty using the jacuzzi a couple times during our stay, as the tub holds a fair amount of precious water. The six jacuzzi jets were quite powerful and adjustable by way of a control on the tub. The tub also had a hand shower for a rinsing. Everything worked well.

One early morning, I lounged in the jacuzzi with a coffee and watched the activity on the street and bay from 22 stories up. Quite nice and worth the splurge for honeymooners and people who want a really nice place to stay but also close to everything the city has to offer.

We experience an abundance of hot water under good pressure in this room. The hot and cold regulator for the shower delivered the expected water temperature.

Bath amenities included shampoos, body soaps, razor, toothbrush, etc.

The bath towels were numerous and included hand towels, medium size towels and large bath towels. If you require a beach towel for a tour out to the islands and swimming, you can call the front desk and pick up a beach towel at the ground floor concierge desk.

Breakfast

Who doesn’t love buffet breakfast? The buffet breakfast wasn’t quite as good as I remembered it last year. Don’t get me wrong; it’s still great. Most of the foods served last year were still available with some exceptions. I provided a list of all the foods served in my review last year, and I will not bother to list them here again for this review. Sorry to say last year’s review is no longer online. Perhaps I missed it. It was a good review and complimentary to the hotel but it’‘s no longer online. Go figure.

What hasn’t changed from last year is the way the restaurant is configured to provide foods, each its own general area with similar food items hot and cold also in their general areas. For example, there was a station just for eggs. There was another station just for pho and Vietnamese sandwiches (Banh mi) or just a baguette if that’s all you wanted.

There was a station for waffles and pancakes, complete with all sorts of toppings and syrups.

None of these popular stations were next to each other, which really cut down the congestion when everyone wants to eat at the same time daily.

The congees with their condiments were located across from the pho station. The seafood congee was particularly notable. Condiments for soups and eggs were also located along side their stations.

There was an area dedicated for breads of all sorts and a toaster. Around the corner one could find pastries of all sorts.

Moving on to the next area, one could find processed meats and cheeses, vegetables of all sorts, salad fixings, yogurt, fruit smoothies, fresh fruits and more all kept chilled of course.

Further down from the waffle station was the juice section offering juices such as passion fruit, guava, orange, pineapple, apple and more. The guava juice was my particular favorite.

Circling back on the line one could find large, covered serving trays of foods like fried noodles, fried noodles with vegetables, fried rice, stews, bacon, chicken sausages, pork sausages, baked beans, stir fried vegetables, potatoes au gratin, etc. There is something for everyone here.

To my recollection, the layout of all the food stations hasn’t change since the hotel was opened several years ago. They were all designed so as not cause congestion by being too close together. However, one day during my stay the restaurant placed a large ham close to the egg station (perhaps within five feet). It immediately caused a congestion of diners wanting either eggs, ham or both. This is what the restaurant should want to avoid. Perhaps ham and eggs go together.

In many cases, hotels will often have the pho station right next to the egg station causing a congestion of diners. The separation between the pho station and egg station here is around 30 feet. The restaurant feels roomy, airy and not congested.

Even the fresh juice area is probably located in one of the coolest areas of the restaurant, while I’ve seen other hotels place their juice stations right in front of an east facing window to collect all the morning sun with egg station adjacent. There’s nothing worse than warm juice that has been further diluted with ice that melts quickly in the sun.

One other thing you should know about this Sheraton, is they will go out of their way to get you what you want if they have it or can make it. For example, one morning I asked to see if they could make Eggs Benedict. I was told no for that day. The next morning, we went down for breakfast and Eggs Benedict were available on the line for everyone to enjoy and they were going as fast as hot cakes (no pun intended)!

One of my favorite items during breakfast last year was the smoked basa. The manager told me it had been taken off the line but he would certainly provide me with some during my stay, which he did. In fact, it was available to everyone, at least during most of my stay.

One morning, we went down for breakfast and was hoping to sit at one of the tables adjacent to the restaurant’s south facing windows (as opposed to the tables overlooking the beach). The sun coming up from the beach makes the east-facing tables and temperatures much warmer. Even when the blinds are lowered, this area is usually warmer.

As I was escorted to an open table, I suggested perhaps a table along the south wall would be nice but I was politely told they were “reserved”. Perhaps I’m wrong but I don’t ever recall that breakfast tables could be reserved, especially during the busy breakfast hours. I can understand the other restaurants at this property having seats reserved for dinner but not at Feast during breakfast. About that time, a group of diners got up to leave and a table became available, quickly cleaned and we were seated. The restaurant staff are on their toes and quick to respond!

The popular seafood buffet is no longer being offered. I was told the cost of shellfish and seafood has become so expensive, it is no longer profitable to operate this theme buffet without raising prices that would be of little benefit to the diner or the hotel. Indeed, when lobster reaches $100/kilo how much would a diner be charged for this sort of buffet?

Alas, my favorite tea served at breakfast buffet is no more. The TWG Tea Company (Singapore) makes an especially nice tea called ‘Silver Moon’, which is no longer offered at the Sheraton. I highly recommend picking up a tin of it online.

For breakfast, we settled on the TWG Emperor Sencha tea here: http://www.deandeluca.com/new-and-seasonal/twg/twg-tea-emperor-sencha-teabags.aspx . The TWG Silver Moon tea, can be found here: http://www.deandeluca.com/coffee-tea-cocoa/tea-by-type/silver-moon-tea.aspx . I miss the Silver Moon tea.

I’ve been told the hotel is moving to Dilmah Tea, which might be okay for some, but it is a cheaper tea and not as good as the more expensive TWG line in my opinion.

Club Lounge

For customers staying in a Club room or above, the Club Lounge on the 25th floor is available during the day and evening hours. The Lounge offers complimentary breakfast for those staying on Club floors (or you can take buffet breakfast down at the ‘Feast’ restaurant), afternoon snacks, hors d’oeuvres and many beverage options, including beer, wine, spirits, sodas, juices, water and more. This particular lounge had several flat screen televisions, computers for use, copier, fax, printer, etc. There is also a nice conference room, which I never saw in use during my stay.

Elevators

Throughout our stay of eight days, the elevators were having a problem with their electronic readers not recognizing or sensing customer electronic room keys, which would not only deny access to your room but to also to other floor levels, like the Club Lounge. More than one time, the reader could not read my card and the elevator started going down instead of up. Sort of frustrating but the hotel indicated that more elevator readers are on order.

Pool

The pool is quite large by Vietnamese standards. With the warm dry weather bearing down on Nha Trang, the water was refreshing. The loungers tend to go fast so claim one early in the day if you want to be by the pool. Otherwise, one can cross the road and use one of the loungers under an umbrella in the section partitioned off just for Sheraton guests.

Exercise Room

We used the exercise room and found it adequate. Few people were using it, and we had it to ourselves.

Customer Service

More than in years past, I found this Sheraton’s customer service to be very high and better than last year. One cannot fault the customer service ethic of all the employees. From the hotel’s doorman to the person servicing your room, they are all great and truly appreciative of your custom.

The only thing I found concerning occurred on the morning of departure. We had an early morning flight to Sai Gon, so we were at the front desk by 5:15 AM ready to check out. I turned in my electronic keys and told the receptionist that we had consumed nothing from the minibar. We left the room in good order, and I even gave them a copy of my reservation of the next place we would be staying for the next four nights in Sai Gon.

We had a 30-minute wait for our driver, which gave the hotel plenty of time to check the room over for damages or consumption of minibar goods. I asked for a receipt to reverse the hold of 8 million dong against my credit card. I was told it could not be done from the front desk on the ground floor as I checked in on the 25th floor. What? I never heard of such a crazy thing. Was I dealing with two different hotels here? What an absurd process. So we left the hotel without a receipt to reverse the hold. For loyal customers staying at this property for the sixth time, I felt that loyalty counted toward nothing.

It seems that staff are speaking more English now compared to previous visits. With all the Russians now in the city, the service staff will become multi-lingual experts before too long.

After much thought, I went back and forth about the rating of this hotel. I have only given one rating of five for any hotel and it was assigned to a hotel that charged $22/night for a room. Obviously, value for money was a prime factor, in addition to other reasons. So what is the value of the Sheraton, Nha Trang?

Hopefully, I have found many good reasons why this hotel should receive a better rating than last year. But there were some concerns also. On the other hand, this property is within the reach of upper middle class travelers, where several, more expensive hotels in Nha Trang are not. Many other hotels that might compete for a higher rating could be well outside this area, either north, south or on Vinpearl. In the end, I gave this property a rating of five.

Richard

Room Tip: All Club Level rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard G
MarcomSheratonNT, General Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Mr Graham

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa for your 6th visit, we really appreciate your loyalty.

I also wanted to thank you directly for your comprehensive feedback and rating on Trip Advisor. Your review really took future guests through the whole experience and I am sure as a result other guests will book the hotel.

Please do let me know when you are next in Nha Trang so I can meet with you and ensure that every stay is memorable

Kind regards
Catherine

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We booked the Sheraton Nha Trang after 6 weeks of backpacking through South East Asia and it truly was the best hotel that we have stayed in during our trip. The bus stop was only 2 minutes from the hotel and meant for a quick and easy entrance. The hotel staff were then happy to greet us and provided us with a free map with their own recommendations for places to see and eat, all of which were fantastic. A great start!

We stayed on the 18th floor (Room 1808) and the views were spectacular. Although it was only a small balcony and chairs could possibly be useful, we found it best to relax at the large pool or the rooftop bar 'Altitude' (Go at Sunset 5.30pm - the views can't be beat). Moreover, the room was spacious and clean with multiple towels that were changed on a daily basis. Finally, it terms of sleep quality it was great. We didn't hear a noise and the beds are both large and soft.

Sheraton Nha Trang offers a large infinity pool on the 6th floor and also, a large well-secured beach area. We used both and found prices for drinks and ice creams to be competitive against other major chains. I would highly recommend using the clean pool, particularly in the morning before the wind picks up and taking a dip in the sea in the afternoons.

During our stay we opted for the breakfast buffet. The food quality was top notch, it offered a huge selection of pastries, pancakes and fresh fruit. I also enjoyed the gym facilities that not only offered state of the art equipment, but a great view to work out in front of.

All in all it was immense four nights. My partner and I both wished that we could have stayed longer. The only tips I would advise is to use the ATM down past the First Great Western as you can withdraw 3 times more money than the one outside the Sheraton. Also, to get out and experience the street food, sometimes the local places really are the best.

Room Tip: Room 1808 had a great view of the beach
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear “Willisson22” ,

Thank you for choosing us as your location for relaxation after back packing for 6 weeks and we are happy to hear that we provided you a great stay.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Sheraton in the future and they you can stay longer that 4 nights

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Whilst this is one of the pricier stays in Nha Trang...and Nha Trang itself really isn't all that...the Sheraton is an oasis!

The hotel is light and airy, nicely designed with a contemporary Asia feel throughout.

The food/restaurants were great; best hotel buffet I've had, nice dim sum place, decent poolside food from 'the plunge' and cafe on the beach front.

The facilities are good too, from things like wifi, a/c, tv etc to the gym, sauna and so on...but the highlight is the pool! Located up on the 6th floor it gives amazing views over the beach and is well designed to get the sun all day (but plenty of shades / and shaded bar if you need it).

Whilst we didn't think Nha Trang was great the Sheraton was a little luxury and world to its own that we could really relax in after a hectic travelling schedule!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your visit and your positive review, it is great to hear the hotel been described as “dreamboat and “an oasis”

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your holidays with us and have a great time in our infinity pool! , we have shared your comments about your experience with the team.

Nha Trang is a small town, but it has many activities that you can do in the ocean or up to the country side, please contact with our Concierge team for more suggestions if you come back to Nha Trang in the future.

See you soon and Warm Regards.

The Team.