“Return to Sheraton Nha Trang”

Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa
Ranked #12 of 220 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is our second visit to the Sheraton Nha Trang - Both times, traveled with young family.

Pros:
- Excellent location, across the street from the beach, middle of the main Tran Phu street
- All the rooms have beach view balcony
- Facility is beautiful and extremely well maintained (after three years still looking great)
- Very nice gym, overlooking the beach, lots of equipment
- The breakfast buffett is very good, lots of choices for Vietnamese foods, but surprisingly the Western foods is pretty decent also.
- Nice little touches (my son received a complimentary bday cake in our room)

Cons:
- Not thing really, except may be really strict on early or late check in/out

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank V H
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear “V H”,

Thank you for spending your holiday and celebrating your son’s birthday with us.
It was a pleasure to have you with us, and we are glad to note that overall you had a wonderful stay here. Thank you for highlighting about the service and facilities of our hotel.

Regarding the early check in and late check out, we do our best to offer dependant on availability, unfortunately during the festive period we run at high occupancy levels hence we are unable to provide during our peak season.

We look forward to welcoming you for your third visit.

Best Wishes,
The Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,860)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great place and deserved the good ratings. When we arrived we found some cake in our room. The rooms werre spacious and had a view on the sea. The. Aghroom was heaven and they had a lot of goodies such as mouthwash... The infitnity pool was great and the poolbar very nice too. There was a lot of stuff to do even in the hotel - i loved the ping pong table, yoga classes and the very modern and large gym with view on the sea. The spa was great too and me and my oartner had a relaxing - not too cheap - massage. Only minues was that the breakfast was too crowded. Would come to Nha Trang just for this hotel.

Dear “Mon_Londo”,

Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted that you’ve had a wonderful stay with us and gave us top marks.

We are impressed about your warm description regarding your recent stay at with us, and glad that you enjoyed our infinity pool, yoga classes, our modern Sheraton Fitness Centre and the Shine Spa.

We hope to see you soon when you need another relaxing holiday to escape from the daily routine.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 nights expecting a 5 star standard after staying in the 4 star Novotel Saigon center in Ho Chi Minh city. To my surprise The Sheraton fell below standard both in terms of service and standard of the Novotel.

Firstly, as mentioned by more than a few previous reviewers the room we had was on the small side despite being upgraded to a club room on 22 floor at check in, (free of the charge, due to the hotel being booked out. However, I suspect the upgrade was a result of I being a Starwood preferred guest member). I began to feel claustrophobic by the end of my first night. I am glad I didn't pay the extra £40 when suggested by the reservation team whilst still in London to upgrade from a standard room to a club room. My experience was that there was no difference, just that I would be £40 out of pocket after already paying £109 per night without breakfast!

At the Novotel Saigon Center in Ho Chi Minh city, the staff, attentive, friendly, eager to help in any way, made the humble 4 star hotel into a five star. I was expecting the same level of service from the Sheraton Nha Trang staff, given that they are a 5
star. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed, particularly by the service I received at concierge. I joined a queue of one hoping to book a tour. There were 3 staff members behind the counter with two guests waiting to be attended to(I was second in the queue). We were totally ignored!! The guest first in line after a short wait asked: can someone help me please? I can't remember the exact exchange, I was left feeling that we are a hassle to them to be got rid off rather then a guest who have paid for a service. I started to look at the tours available on the desk independently whilst I waited. Another guest joined the queue. He asked for the tour guide book of which a Russian book was shoved into his hand impatiently. With displeasure he announced that he was not Russian. witnessing these encounters left me not wanting anything from the concierge team. I booked my tours with an independent retailer. I regret I didn't note the name of the staff member who was rather rude at concierge. I will describe him instead: short, tanned, wavy hair,
wearing a redish uniform shirt top(date of incident 26th december).I hope you will note to him the impact of his behaviour towards guests. He did not behave hospitably. I did not feel welcomed. In fact I had to go elsewhere to book my tour.

I like the loyalty system set up by the Sheraton Brand. I only need one more stay to accrue a free night. For this reason I will stay again at the Sheraton. However, only if the Novotel isn't booked out again I will without doubt book them before I even look at the Sheraton Nha Trang.

Nu Cullen

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank NTCullen

Dear “NTCullen”,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the service you received from the concerige team and tour desk. We will investigate this issue and also address the issue with the Tour Desk operator.
As a valued SPG member we thank you for your loyalty and hope that you will return to Sheraton Nha Trang so that on your next visit we can meet your expectations.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights at the end of December. We had a club room, and I would recommend paying the small premium for it given that you get breakfast and internet access included plus access to the club lounge (used it only once, for afternoon tea when it was pretty calm). Also by taking a club room you get the room in a higher floor, and the views to the ocean are great.

The gym was probably one of the most modern and best hotel gyms I have used. We also used the spa facilities for a massage (prices were decent at least in western standards). I would recommend you pre-book any treatment at least a day in advance as the slots are filled quickly,

The pool facilities were good, but can get busy when the weather is good. They do have a rule though whereby they can take out a towels from the sunsets that have been unattended for more than 30mins. The hotel also has some sunbeds at the beach (across the street) but we did not try those.

Breakfast was varied and while it gets busy at around 9am, getting a table was not a problem for us (2 people).

Unlike some other reviewers, we found service to be very good. Perhaps the only negative we found with this hotel was the waiting time for lifts - the hotel had 23 or so floors and four lifts to service them so sometimes you actually had to wait for a while.

Room Tip: Book the club room, worth the premium

Dear “Emjay111”,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your recent holiday at the Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and particularly the encouraging remarks about your experiences in the club lounge, Sheraton Fitness, the pool and Spa. Also thank you for your understanding about the lift service, since we are in peak season.

Very looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel itself was fantastic. It was really beautiful and clean. The restaurants were great, and very reasonable in price. The pool infinity pool is really beautiful and we actually spent the majority of our time there as you have to cross the street to make it to the beach.

The front desk clerks were so amazing friendly and helpful. One night we needed to get medical attention and they offered to call the doctor (he was there within about 30 minutes even though it was around 9pm). Total cost for the housecall was around $30. Someone from the front desk accompanied him to our room to translate and then followed up the next day to ensure that everything was okay. Truly caring staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelboundDC
MarcomSheratonNT, Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear “travelboundDC”,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor and we hope you had a great New Year!

It is a pleasure to see such encouraging comments which gives us great motivation towards providing exceptional service to all our guests. Sheraton Nha Trang will continuously strive to provide the very best in exceptional service to all our guests.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit.

All the best for 2014!

Warm Regards,
The team

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Having just spent 5 nights here, it is one if the best hotels. The service, locality, spacious rooms all with views, very comfy beds, great breakfast and pool. Staff very helpful and great 28th floor bar area with a fantastic view of the sea would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Dear “Susframe”,

It was great to have you with us for 5 nights and we are very happy to hear that you had a great stay.

We extend our very best wishes for 2014 and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sheraton Nha Trang in the near future.

Happy New Year
Warm regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Was there for 3 nights. The hotel itself is nice. Seems a little beaten up even though it's fairly new--smudgy carpet in the room and so forth. Room on the small side. Friendly staff but English can be a challenge. Breakfast buffet is very nice. Not exactly on the beach--still need to cross a busy street. Commanding view of the beach if you are on a high floor. The Chinese restaurant is very overpriced by local standards but the food is actually quite authentic and delicious.

Overall probably would have given 4 stars had I not gone to the spa. Booked a 90 min massage. I stressed deep tissue. The masseuse was a young girl. Very little English but I didn't care--it's not like I needed a conversation. But for 45 min she just haphazardly rubbed oil on my back. No technique whatsoever. So all this time I was thinking, fine, it's hard to rate quality of massages. Everyone likes something different. One persons preference may be another's nightmare. So I patiently let her do her thing and wished the time would go by faster so I can stop this total waste of my time.

But then it got worse. She began randomly rubbing my scalp and the pressure just got softer and softer and eventually stopped. Her hands still on my scalp. Now I thinking--is this some weird energy massage that's I have yet to experience. I waited. And waited. And waited. A couple minutes went by. No movement. Finally I quietly whispered, "hello...". She suddenly start wildly rubbing my scalp again. I just realized---SHE FELL ASLEEP!!! I have had bad massages before but having a masseuse fall asleep is a first.

On my way out I mentioned the incident to the manager. She did apologize and asked me to return for a complimentary foot massage. By this time I just wanted to leave and get on with my day. Of course this is just my experience and maybe the other masseuses are very professional. But I wouldn't try it again at Sheraton given there are very high quality local spas charging less than half the price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear “Jeff H ”

Thank you for sharing for feedback with Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa.

We are delighted to know that our breakfast buffet and Steam n’ Spice restaurant meet your expectations.

Please do accept our most sincere apologies for situation that occurred during your experience at the Spa, please rest assured this is an isolated incident and has been addressed with the associate concerned. We will contact you directly to provide you a credit for the massage.

We hope that if you travels bring you back to Nha Trang that you will once again choose Sheraton so that we can redeem ourselves and you will want to rate us 5.