“Would not stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of King Town Hotel

King Town Hotel
Ranked #141 of 279 Nha Trang B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Would not stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

This hotel is extremely noisy with people yelling and running up and down the stairs constantly, the breakfast was dreadful (only tried it once), lost power two nights leaving us unable to sleep due to no air conditioning. The fridge in our room made so much noise we had to turn it off at night so we could sleep (when the air conditioning was working) and when we spoke to the staff about it, nothing was done. There is no shade around the pool, so it is a case of have dip and return to your room unless you wish to fry in the sun. We would definately not stay here again which is a shame, because the location is great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nha Trang, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

We stayed there in 2009 when the hotel was brand new. We love the proximity to the beach. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are just right.

We moved out prematurely, because the reception received a bus fill of (local) Vietname guests at 5 in the morning, and if you know Vietnam, Vietnamese and the less than sound proof Vietnamese buildings then you can begin to imaging the hellish noise, which, of course, was entirely due to what I personally believe is the Vietnamese people' complete lack of will to try to stay quiet. There tolerance for noise is exceptional.

We shall not return, partly because we prefer the area north of the bridge, partly because we now own an apartment there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OnAndOffResident
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

Read the other reviews about the hotel but thought we'd give them a go, no hot water for our entire stay (for $32 a night it was not the cheapest hotel in the city!) saw numerous other people complaining at reception about the same thing during our stay there - no hot water or air conditioners not working. When we told them the hot water wasnt working the guy on reception went up to our room without us and flipped on a switch then showed us that the water was very hot in the room, (it had been turned off during our entire stay) and that we were lying! He got extremely agressive and we were quite scared for our safety.
We also hired a motorbike from the hotel thinking it would be reliable through them however the motorbike only drove to the end of the street then konked out as there was NO petrol in the tank, not even enough to get to the petrol station!
The breakfast buffet was also a joke in a boiling hot room with no aircon with mainly vietnamese food, not for western tastes!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Nha Trang hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

While backpacking in Asia we have the ordinary and some poor hotels and then there's the excellent KING TOWN HOTEL. Although I believe this hotel is usually more expensive we happen to be here during low season and were staying in a quite poor hotel down the road for £12.00 per night. We called in and asked for King Towns very best price which at the time was £20.00 for a standard double room or $25.00 for a lovely window and balcony double (THIS INCLUDES BREAKFAST AND IS A DISCOUNTED RATE FOR LOW SEASON) we negotiated a standard double for 7 nights at $18.00 per night including breakfast. Our room had a small window onto the corridor was a standard but good size with elevator/lift to every floor. The room had a bedside table with phone, lamp with dimmer, integrated power sockets and dimmer switch for above bed light and switch for main room spot lights. The door and furniture is all in dark wood with dressing table a wall mirror & chair, wardrobe with hangers, nice comfy double bed. New plasma tv, air con, hair dryer, fridge mini bar, drinking glasses, cups, flip flops, excellent shampoo, shower gel, shower cap, comb, soap, sewing kit, razor and gel, 2x bottled water, a good tothbrush and toothpaste all complimentary. Quite often we returned to our room and the cleaners had not only left the room fresh smelling and very clean with new toiletries but also a complimentary plate of fruit! The bathroom has a huge mirror with again great lighting choice, power socket white sink toilet and shower cubical with lots of space and useful shelf. The shower head has a great choice of spray settings and the drainage is good. The room is tiled floor to ceiling in large grey and green tiles, chrome fixtures and huge granite surface around the sink. They supply very nice white hand and body towels (two of each) and plenty of toilet paper. There is a buffet breakfast with a wide choice from local food to your usual fresh eggs done how you like, toast, bacon etc This is served on the rooftop with views all round of the city and sea. Outside on the rooftop is a small swimming pool and four sun loungers. At reception there is 4 computers with free internet use for hotel guests and a strong WiFi signal for use in all rooms. We were always met by a warm greeting at reception. Any problem we encountered was no problem as it was sorted immediately by very friendly and helpful staff. We stayed for 9 nights in April 2011 and returned weeks later for another 5days in May on our way back to Ho Chi Minh City. For once this is a hotel that is as good as the picture suggests but exceeds all expectations in the truely superb service they give to their guests. I am so grateful to King Town Hotel for my time here and being the best hotel we have stayed in in Vietnam with no doubt at all.

Room Tip: Stay below 7th floor as breakfast on 9th
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shoreysok
Chicago,Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

There are several hotel just like this one on this block. I checked them all out (along with at least ten other hotels with rooms in the 12-18 dollar range), and decided this had both the nicest rooms and the best value for my money. Rooms 25-38 dollars (non-holiday). While not cheap by Vietnam standards, the extra 10 dollars I paid over the cheaper hotels in Nha Trang was well worth it. Front desk staff very professional. Elevator. Rooms were big, clean, nicely decorated with new furnishings and new linens. Bathroom was very big, with brand new fixtures, and great pressure and temperature. There's free wi-fi in the room. Breakfast was included and consisted of the standard buffet with hot and cold items. There's a pool on the top floor. Two computers in the lobby for guests to use. Beach is two blocks away. Nha Trang is pretty small, and this hotel is right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Waderowl
Southeastasia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

I often come to Nha Trang for voluntary works and the hotel has been my favourite place to stay. King Town Hotel is the best hotel in the area with good room rate (I paid$25 for a room with two bed). Last year, I came to Vietnam, I had bad experiences with a cheaper hotel nearby which I paid $20 for a horrible room with poor lighting and rude services. Beware of cheap hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelloverrr
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

We ( My wife, my brother and I ) had only planned on staying at Kingtown for 2 or 3 nights, but we ended up staying the whole week. My brother did have an issue with the A.C. in his room, but once he complained, it was taken care of right away.
This was my 3rd visit to Nha Trang and I've stayed at many diferrent hotels in Vietnam, and I'd have to say that Kingtown has has the fastest and most reliable wifi that I've seen in Vn. I was also very impressed with the quality of the laundry service here.
The breakfast buffet is limited and doesn't change much if any. Not a problem for me, because I can eat Pho or Bun Bo every morning, but if you like a greater variety, you can walk across the street to Asia Paradise Hotel, they have a much larger buffet for a reasonable price.
The location is central to the action and withen walking distance to the beach, but I wouldn't pay the extra money for a balcony view again because the view isn't much.
Over all, it's a very good hotel and a good value. I may stay here again when I go back in January for Tet.
My best advice for anyone visiting Vn, If you have an issue with any bussiness, let them know what's on your mind, and of course, BE NICE! Vietnamese people are very accomidating to polite people.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family