“Absolutely superb. 5STAR service, rooms & facilities. Best hotel in Vietnam” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of King Town Hotel

King Town Hotel
Ranked #138 of 276 Nha Trang B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb. 5STAR service, rooms & facilities. Best hotel in Vietnam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

While backpacking in Asia we have the ordinary and some poor hotels and then there's the excellent KING TOWN HOTEL. Although I believe this hotel is usually more expensive we happen to be here during low season and were staying in a quite poor hotel down the road for £12.00 per night. We called in and asked for King Towns very best price which at the time was £20.00 for a standard double room or $25.00 for a lovely window and balcony double (THIS INCLUDES BREAKFAST AND IS A DISCOUNTED RATE FOR LOW SEASON) we negotiated a standard double for 7 nights at $18.00 per night including breakfast. Our room had a small window onto the corridor was a standard but good size with elevator/lift to every floor. The room had a bedside table with phone, lamp with dimmer, integrated power sockets and dimmer switch for above bed light and switch for main room spot lights. The door and furniture is all in dark wood with dressing table a wall mirror & chair, wardrobe with hangers, nice comfy double bed. New plasma tv, air con, hair dryer, fridge mini bar, drinking glasses, cups, flip flops, excellent shampoo, shower gel, shower cap, comb, soap, sewing kit, razor and gel, 2x bottled water, a good tothbrush and toothpaste all complimentary. Quite often we returned to our room and the cleaners had not only left the room fresh smelling and very clean with new toiletries but also a complimentary plate of fruit! The bathroom has a huge mirror with again great lighting choice, power socket white sink toilet and shower cubical with lots of space and useful shelf. The shower head has a great choice of spray settings and the drainage is good. The room is tiled floor to ceiling in large grey and green tiles, chrome fixtures and huge granite surface around the sink. They supply very nice white hand and body towels (two of each) and plenty of toilet paper. There is a buffet breakfast with a wide choice from local food to your usual fresh eggs done how you like, toast, bacon etc This is served on the rooftop with views all round of the city and sea. Outside on the rooftop is a small swimming pool and four sun loungers. At reception there is 4 computers with free internet use for hotel guests and a strong WiFi signal for use in all rooms. We were always met by a warm greeting at reception. Any problem we encountered was no problem as it was sorted immediately by very friendly and helpful staff. We stayed for 9 nights in April 2011 and returned weeks later for another 5days in May on our way back to Ho Chi Minh City. For once this is a hotel that is as good as the picture suggests but exceeds all expectations in the truely superb service they give to their guests. I am so grateful to King Town Hotel for my time here and being the best hotel we have stayed in in Vietnam with no doubt at all.

Room Tip: Stay below 7th floor as breakfast on 9th
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank shoreysok

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago,Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

There are several hotel just like this one on this block. I checked them all out (along with at least ten other hotels with rooms in the 12-18 dollar range), and decided this had both the nicest rooms and the best value for my money. Rooms 25-38 dollars (non-holiday). While not cheap by Vietnam standards, the extra 10 dollars I paid over the cheaper hotels in Nha Trang was well worth it. Front desk staff very professional. Elevator. Rooms were big, clean, nicely decorated with new furnishings and new linens. Bathroom was very big, with brand new fixtures, and great pressure and temperature. There's free wi-fi in the room. Breakfast was included and consisted of the standard buffet with hot and cold items. There's a pool on the top floor. Two computers in the lobby for guests to use. Beach is two blocks away. Nha Trang is pretty small, and this hotel is right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Waderowl
Southeastasia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

I often come to Nha Trang for voluntary works and the hotel has been my favourite place to stay. King Town Hotel is the best hotel in the area with good room rate (I paid$25 for a room with two bed). Last year, I came to Vietnam, I had bad experiences with a cheaper hotel nearby which I paid $20 for a horrible room with poor lighting and rude services. Beware of cheap hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelloverrr
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

We ( My wife, my brother and I ) had only planned on staying at Kingtown for 2 or 3 nights, but we ended up staying the whole week. My brother did have an issue with the A.C. in his room, but once he complained, it was taken care of right away.
This was my 3rd visit to Nha Trang and I've stayed at many diferrent hotels in Vietnam, and I'd have to say that Kingtown has has the fastest and most reliable wifi that I've seen in Vn. I was also very impressed with the quality of the laundry service here.
The breakfast buffet is limited and doesn't change much if any. Not a problem for me, because I can eat Pho or Bun Bo every morning, but if you like a greater variety, you can walk across the street to Asia Paradise Hotel, they have a much larger buffet for a reasonable price.
The location is central to the action and withen walking distance to the beach, but I wouldn't pay the extra money for a balcony view again because the view isn't much.
Over all, it's a very good hotel and a good value. I may stay here again when I go back in January for Tet.
My best advice for anyone visiting Vn, If you have an issue with any bussiness, let them know what's on your mind, and of course, BE NICE! Vietnamese people are very accomidating to polite people.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DentureDepot
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

Our room was clean, modern and comfortable. The girl at the front desk quoted us a price after showing us a room, which we accepted. Then the manager, who always had fake smiles during our stay, said the price quoted was wrong, and that it would be $5/night more. The same man tried to hose us on the exchange rate when we were checking out. I would not stay here again because I would not want to subsidize this man's dishonesty. Do yourself a favour, find another hotel, and support genuinely hospitable and honest hotel owners.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dandd35
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have to agree with the previous comments posted earlier regarding this hotel. I wish I had read it before hand. What was up with the A/C? It was such a hassle to get it turned on every time we got back into our room. What was up with the hot water? AND the staff was unfriendly... Don't be fooled by the exterior of the hotel!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Nha Trang hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

OK.. it is clean. But that is it.
The staff is rude. As soon as you checked in the smile is gone and you will never see it again. They do tricks with the AC and hot water, so you have to keep asking the front desk to switch it back on.
We had to check out early, and the guy at the desk could do the complete check-out without saying a single word.....
I guess there must be better hotels around...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple