“Terrible”

Da Fernando
Ranked #40 of 583 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Definitely overrated! I ordered a minestrone soup which tasted like canned soup and the ravolio with pumpkin and cheese filling (reading someone else's raves) which was terrible.

Great portion sizes but I couldn't finish it because the quality was poor. I could've paid a bit more at my hotel for better pasta but wanted to give this place a try. Won't be coming back there again.

1  Thank Lv_travels888

Reviewed October 2, 2012

If your anything like me, you can't be too far away from Italian food for too long. Well if your in Nha Trang in Vietnam, here it is, Da Fernando Ristorante Italiano. Smallish restaurant, good food, not elaborate, price low. Yum value.
Now the 'and all that' bit. If once again your like me, and want to know what goes on around the corner, this be the place. It fairly pumps outside on the street, it is backpacker heaven. Hesitated outside one packed bar and before we could blink a table appeared, as if dropped from the heavens, right in front of us, chairs and all. Surrounded by so many Irish accents had to wonder for a moment what country I was in be prepared.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went to Da Fernando last night around 8:00 so it was a pretty quiet later evening dining (at least what I'm finding here) there were just 4 other guests. Had the spaghetti Mediterraneana and my wife had the Pesto spaghetti. Pretty average actually and would not go again. So far, after 3 days its been a challenge of finding alternatives to the awesome Vietnamese local fare - excellent .

2  Thank David S
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ordered prosciutto and porcini mushroom pizza, order came out and it was ham and straw mushrooms, not what the menu promised it to be. However, the base was thin and crispy, tomatoe tasted fresh and the cheese was a good mozzarella.

I ordered the vegetarian lasagne and it was the worst I've ever tasted. Firstly it was not fresh, it seemed like it was frozen, defrosted and put under a grill so when it came out, it was floppy and all 4 corners were hard and inedible from the grilling.

Service was okay, not friendly, just there to get the job done. As it's close to the street, was constantly annoyed by street vendors trying to sell us paintings, peanuts then string bracelets.
Although food was cheap including a beer and water, total only came to US$12, it was not a good night.

1  Thank Jasmine168
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent 10 days in Nha Trang and allways - twice a day - lunch time and dinner -were in this restaurant! Very cosy place! Very kind owners and food is very delicious! I can swear - it is the best place to eat! Food was very delicious!

1  Thank BelaAksai_Kazakhstan