“Being ripped off in Nha Trang”
Review of My Hoa Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nha Trang
My Hoa Hotel
Ranked #213 of 291 Nha Trang B&B and Inns
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Being ripped off in Nha Trang”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My friend and me arrived early in the morning, and the overfriendly woman that met us outside the bus (I guess she's the owner) with the cold eyes, let us use the toilet. Not making the best judgement call, due to fatigue and hunger, we decided to stay at My Hoa Hotel...
We were told by the woman that the hotel was in the central of Nha Trang, weeell, it's all relative, isn't it? ;)

Not expecting a high standard at these kinds of hotels, I will only comment that there were burnmarks and other stains at the sheets/blankets, and a loose toilet-seat (it was pressing against ones back when sitting down).

The first rip-off was when I made an agreement that we would pay for half a day, to keep the room from 12-18 p.m.; 30 minutes after the agreement was made (between her, her son and me), she walked straight into our room after 1 (ONE) light knock on the door, telling me that we had to pay for half a day more. I referred to our agreement 30 mins earlier, but she seemed to have forgotten completely.
My friend and I didn't want any trouble, so we agreed to pay for half a day more.

The second rip-off was when we ordered and payed for a night bus; we specificly ordered the most expensive night-bus, and payed thereafter, but upon arrival at the bus terminal, it was obvious that we'd gotten the cheapest of the cheapest.
It was the most horrific busrides of my life, now we can look back at it and laugh, but almost 13 hours in that tin-trap was not what we had payed for!!
At least we finally understood the womans (owners) reluctance against giving us our receipt; we had been asking for it on several occations, but got it just before leaving the "hotel".
She'd kept the difference between what we payed and the actual cost for the bus.

Room Tip: Stay far, far, away from this place!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bompi22

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We found them within an hour and decided to move, the man at the front desk was adamant that we pay for the entire night before giving our passports back. Disgusting room, cigarette burns in the sheets, curtains, pillows, bed spreads, bed bugs everywhere. Super awful, I'd rather sleep in a rickshaw

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Jhutchens3

Travelers are raving about these Nha Trang hotels

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Well... We arrived at 6am to a dump, all we wanted was a clean room and comfortable bed to rest in. However, after checking in, the all too pleased lady showed us to the room where there were cockroaches and swarms of ants littering the place. The lady also had informed us it was close to town but we were nearly 3km which is no walk in the park in 38 degrees heat. After 1 night we decided to move but on check out the lady decided to over charge us, by the hour, for the previous morning which we had arrived early from the bus. We were utterly appalled since we checked with her several times the price of the room and each time she failed to mention the extra charges. I wouldn't stay here despite the reasonable price as there are better hotels closer to the center. It is also an area which has a lot of mugging so you will be spending the extra money on taxis to and from town at night and to replace the money which got mugged from you if you don't. So its worth staying in town. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank lcg90
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 8, 2011

After arriving off the bus from Nah Trang we arrived at about 9:00pm. Expecting a beautiful hotel we were greeted with this shotty hotel set right in the middle of shackle houses and grotty fish smelling streets. (I must add our previous hotel booked this for us, possibly was friends with the owner) This hotel is probably suitable for those who don't care much for where they are staying or are backpacking.
As we arrived the lady at the counter seemed pleasent with a forced smile.
We got our room.... small, grotty, the bed was made with out sheet. And scarily the window open right up (no saftey screen) and we were on the 5th level. I did not sleep a wink that night,
We could hear people talking and walking down the corridoors all night. In the morning we awoke to LOUD LOUD tv or radio sound (louder than a car horn) coming from outside our window. She charged us a 60 for the night which was TOO EXPENSIVE for the qaulity.
We got out of there at 6:30 am and changed to the **** Nah Trang Lodge for 70 a night with buffet breakfast. They clean our rooms daily and open the door on entrance and exit.
In conclusion the My Hoa Hotel over charged us for the hotel quality.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
asia
Reviewed November 21, 2008

After a night on the bus from Ho Chi Minh city, arrived in Nha Trang early in the morning. We were dropped off outside a hotel which was the My Hoa Hotel. The lady at the hotel said do i want to have a look at a room for 10$ a night. She showed me a room on the top floor with balcony looking over the city. The room had 2 double beds, fridge, air con,tv with cable inc movies and sports, fan, ensuite bathroom with corner bath and hot water shower. The room was very good and clean so I took it. The hotel has 5 floors and has a lift. They have 2 internet pcs in the reception. They will also book flights and onward tickets which i took advantage of and they got me very good rates for. The family run hotel is a pleasant place to stay, not far from the beach (5 minute walk), easy access to the local restaurants and market. The family are very friendly and always willing to help. They also sell cold drinks in reception and have a tv to watch there as well.

There is a good restaurant about 7 minutes walk which is called the Lac Canh where you cook the food on little bbq's at your table.

• Liked — spotless rooms at and affordable price
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank mark r