“Good Location and Service”
Review of Novotel Nha Trang

Novotel Nha Trang
Ranked #11 of 216 Hotels in Nha Trang
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The location is good and the staff are very helpful. No problems with the check in and out. The room was a lot nicer then I expected with a steps down a sitting/lounge area and the balcony door, the view was great. Can see the sunrise over the beach. The breakfast was adequate and nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Novotel N, Director of Sales & Marketing at Novotel Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Aibi38,

Greetings from Novotel Nha Trang!

Many thanks on your great review about good location, nice sea view room, various food and friendly staff. I will pass on your kind words to all the staff and they will be very happy to read your comments.
It was a pleasure to have had you back. I hope it's not too long before you visit us again.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,958)

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and wished we had more as Nha Trang is definitely the Gold Coast of Vietnam. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough to assist in anyway they could. We had a suite on the top floor with a balcony looking directly over the beach. The room was spacious, clean and well presented, as was the rest of the hotel. The views along the beach in both directions were stunning, both during the day and night. The food was good (we got room service twice) with the club sandwich being very crisp, flavoursome and well portioned and the eggplant Panini was similarly well presented. Their breakfast arrangement was also well presented with a wide assortment of choices. The beach is excellent, though they do not have enough deck chairs / umbrellas for the amount of rooms they have, so either be really early to get one, or wait for everyone to go back for lunch as it quietens down then for a while. Nice little extra is they assist you across the road if you are a little hesitant about crossing with all the traffic. The hotel is also within walking distance of a few good restaurants along the beach (Sandals (at the Sailing Club) & Luoisiane Brewhouse) so food choices are good locally also.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jason T,

Greetings from Novotel Nha Trang!

We appreciate your choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent trip to Nha Trang.
It is great and heart-warming to read of your enjoyable with our helpful staff, nice sea view and various buffet as well as our service.
You may wish to know that the number of sun beds and umbrellas is limited by local Government for every hotel in Nha Trang. However, currently, we have arranged 32 beds and 16 umbrellas for available.
Thank you for sharing your experience and all of us look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Nha Trang soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was my 2nd stay at Novotel Nha Trang. I stayed here over the Tet holiday, and had a great experience - so I booked again in April 2014.

First, the good: as I'm sure you've read here (and I agree), the hotel is in a great location, has friendly staff (with most front-of-house staff fluent in English), spacious,clean rooms with sea view balconies, and good facilities, although the pool is very small. The communication from the reservations staff was excellent. All in all, its a well-run hotel, and I will stay here again for sure.

We arrived very early (0730), so we did not expect an early check-in, and the desk agent confirmed there were no rooms available. However, after storing our bags, the bellman checked again and found a room, so we could check in. Even though we were leaving for a boat tour at 0830, it was nice of them to check us in early, so we could clean up a little.

The next morning the breakfast buffet (which had been so great last time) was disappointing. I was kind of embarrassed, because I had been bragging about it to my friend. Maybe it was because we arrived at 9:00 a.m. this time, but it is supposed to be open until 11:00 a.m. on weekend days (10:00 a.m. weekdays). The omelet I ordered was delicious. However, several stations were out of food (dim-sum, fruit juices, bacon, fruit, French toast, coffee machine) and I watched the staff just walk by without even looking or replenishing. I even left the lids of the dim sum and bacon dishes open, but still no action until I asked for each one. The fresh fruit selection was limited to watermelon and dragon fruit. One staff poured a pitcher of orange juice into the container, but it was not mixed correctly and tasted terrible. Many of the tables were not cleaned after guests departed. No servers came by to refill coffee. It was so different from my last visit.

Since we had a late flight, I requested a late check-out for 5:00 p.m. I did not expect this to be free, and I was aware of the late check-out policy: "Late check-outs between 1 pm and 6 pm are charged 50% of the room rate. After 6 pm, 100% of the room rate is charged." However the desk staff (Tan) told me the late checkout charge/tax would be 50% of the current room rate/tax ($68), not 50% of my actual room rate/tax ($48). When I disagreed, he said "You have a special rate with no changes allowed." I said I was not making any changes, but he would not honor the rate and said, "I'll give it to you for $60," as if that was a favor. Pretty sneaky. But it was around 11:00 p.m., and I was too tired to complain - and they did let me check in early at no charge. However, the next morning as I was waiting for the elevator, a lady was asking for a late checkout. She had two rooms and wanted a late checkout (5:00 p.m.) for one of them. The clerk said he would ask the supervisor. He (Tan) told her no charge until 1:00 p.m., but 50% of the room rate for a late checkout. However, because she had two rooms, he gave her the late checkout free for her room. As a foreigner in Vietnam, I'm used to being overcharged in shops and markets, in taxis, and in restaurants with local and foreign menus, but I didn't expect it at Novotel. Its not much money, but still disappointing. Anyway, I will stay here again because I really like the hotel, and my first visit was so nice, but this time 3 stars is the best I can do.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice - they all have a sea view, but try to get a high floor. The deluxe rooms hav...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank A_Travel_Member
Novotel N, Director of Sales & Marketing at Novotel Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear A_Travel_Member,

Greetings from Novotel Nha Trang!

We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us in the 1st time and enjoyed with our good location, nice sea view room and good communication from our reservation staff in 2nd time.
We regret that our breakfast and service at restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your comment has been carefully noted and will be taken into account for next training. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service better meet your needs.
You may wish to know that following the late check out policy of our hotel, we apply 50% room rate charge if guest keep the room before 6pm, and 100% after this time. The surcharge will apply on best unrestricted rate in that day. Only Le Club Accor member from Silver level up can be get free ate check out until 5pm subject to room availability.
Once again, we thank you very much for sharing your concerns and your continued support. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon at Novotel Nha Trang.

With kind regards,

Mr. Domenic Barth

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Quite new and clean hotel. The front dest personnel is very helpful - we got a room on 4th floor but after 5 minutes of seeking it was possible to change it for 7th floor. Great view! But you should get up early if want to have a free laying and umbrella as there are few of them on the beach. Also mention that the "hotel" beach which is actually a part of public beach becomes free to enter for everyone after 5 pm and no beds/umbrellas are available.
The variety of food is really stunning! You can have everything you want - bacon and omelette, sushi and noodles, soup, fruits, etc. It was enough not to be hungry till 4-5 pm.
Never tried Spa, but it seems to be quite expensive even to compare with premium spa centers around, but it is not minus - think they do their job really well.
So if you want to have comfortable staying - Novotel is the best choice of quality and price.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Cloudberry1,

Greetings from Novotel Nha Trang!

Great review and very informative for any perspective traveler. Many thanks for sharing your experience of your stay with us. We are thrilled Novotel Nha Trang turned out to be a good choice.
Thank you for your compliments on our helpful staff , various buffets, quiet and clean room as well as our service.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and l stayed at the Novotel for 4 nights and loved it.
On check in we were upgraded to a beach view room for a very minimal price and it was gorgeous. Would stay here again if we returned to Nha Trang .

Room Tip: Book Superior room, bigger balcony and great ocean views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Novotel N, Director of Sales & Marketing at Novotel Nha Trang, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Holly4ever,

Greetings from Novotel Nha Trang!

Thank you for taking time sharing your review on Tripadvisor. Happy guests make all our efforts worthwhile and we are glad to read of your enjoyable experience during your stay in Novotel Nha Trang.
All of us look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Nha Trang soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great location right across the road from the beach and not too far away from the centre of down town. Rooms are modern, clean and a view to boot. Staff friendly and attentive. Restaurant is nice and food selection is really good.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Raslolmenkey,

Greetings from Novotel Nha Trang!

Many thanks on your great review about good location, standard room, various food and friendly staff. I will pass on your kind words to all the staff and they will be very happy to read your comments.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted a bit of rest and relaxation during our 3 week trip in Vietnam. We therefore decided to go a bit more up market for our 3 nights in Nha Trang.

Good points
Friendly, welcoming helpful staff.
Good location; near loads of restaurants tourist offices and beach.
Spacious room with sea view balcony.
Breakfast buffet large, varied and delicious.

Not so good
In comparison with the rest of trip, expensive

Tip: booked via hotels-in-vietnam.com to get a better rate.
Few sun loungers.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Douglas W

Dear Douglas W,

Greetings from Novotel Nha Trang!

Thank you for taking time sharing your experience at our hotel.
I’m delighted to know that you are enjoyable with our ideal location, nice sea view, various buffet and friendly staff.
I will be sure to share your kind words with our members.
All of us look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Nha Trang soon.