“Back packers house”

Backpackers House Nha Trang
Backpackers House Nha Trang
Ranked #96 of 211 Specialty Lodging in Nha Trang
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The dorms are ok.. Large and reasonably comfortable. Shower facilities were rubbish, to be kind. No pressure, poor flow.. Staff control the air con and turn it off at 12 in the morning not to be turned on again till later that evening.
Staff were reasonably friendly, although overly pushy to get me to fill out a free raffle ticket on which they wanted my passport number... When I asked why they wanted that she took my passport and started filling the ticket in.. I wasn't impressed by this.. What advantage to their data is it to take my passport number. I tore up the ticket and said I wasn't interested.
Overall I wasn't impressed by Nha Trang, highly touristic for English and Russians.. People hanging out of you looking for money or wanting you to spend money in there establishment...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had the best room available and it was terrible. The shower didn't have any power. The air-con leaked. The beds were hard and when it was time to pay they tried charging us more than what was quoted.

The staff were friendly though, which is why I gave them one star. Despite the girls shrinking all of my clothes... Guess I better start losing more weight.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The free breakfast was nice every morning. Coffee, toast, omelette, and a baguette. Close to the beach, food, ATMs, etc.

Dorms are pretty big, lots of beds. However there are other smaller rooms with 4 beds. lockers on the beds are the good big ones under the bed. Can get loud at night as most people are there to party.

Must go to the beach early in the morning during sunrise. Thats when the locals hit the beach. Really a must see. A lot different once the sun comes up.

Room Tip: Ask for a bed in the smaller room with 4 beds
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The dorm was very reasonably priced and a good deal including breakfast too. Just 1 small bathroom for a dorm with 10 beds wasn't quite enough though - would be better with a separate toilet/shower room. A very social place - loud music from the onsite bar, so don't stay here if you want an early night! A good place for meeting other backpackers. Really good food at the Green Apple. Unfortnately I did hear that some people had bed bugs and the lady on reception was ruse and moody.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Worst place on our trip through Vietnam so far! Even taking our camp nights in hammocs in consideration.

This place have the worst unfriendly, degrading staff! And they have bed bugs in their rooms!
When confronted with the bed bug problem they wouldnt even talk to us. The staff switched to vietnamese and wouldnt acknowledge us at all, they wouldnt even refer us to the manager. Just kept laughing at us, talking in vietnamese. Good thing we know who it was already. Be the manager was also a rude d..., no help at all. Ended up with us checking out.

Dont stay here. Unless you dont care about bed bugs and being treated poorly!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was there with my friends, they have dorm room and private room as well. I booked private rooms, It worths for that price. Breakfast was also good which was include in the room rent. They also have a club jsut next and they provide a complimentry free drink. It's good to sit and enjoy drink. They also provide daily tour and othe bus booking services.If you want to look for a cheap and good place.it worths ..:)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ended up staying here as a last resort as we were traveling during the holiday period and had been let down by 2 guest houses that we'd already booked. The room itself was pretty clean and the bed was actually comfortable but I can't find anything else positive to say! The windows didn't close properly and our room overlooked the courtyard of the hostel where the music blared til the early hours. This wasn't too much of a problem as we were out partying ourselves but on the first night we were woken by people arriving back at 5am to play the guitar and sing songs right outside our room. The private room was decidedly unprivate with a frosted glass door and a communal balcony right outside the windows. Same for the shared bathroom - frosted glass door again and when we first arrived there was no door handle so it didn't even close never mind lock! We had to hold the door closed for each other. We complained and they said they would replace the handle, which to their credit was done the following morning. However, I can't say many good things about the staff - pretty rude in general and unhelpful. I showed them my bus ticket and asked where we should go to get the bus - he just showed the address and when I asked where it was he seemed very put out, pulling a map and drawing a line from the hostel to the road where the bus went from. We'd rented scooters from our friends guest house across the road (True Friends Guest House) and when I happened to show her the ticket she called the company, confirmed our booking and gave us directions - what a difference!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends