Backpackers House Nha Trang
Six Senses Ninh Van Bay(Nha Trang)
$540
$517
  • Breakfast included
L'Alyana Ninh Van Bay(Nha Trang)
$343
$312
  • Breakfast included
Amiana Resort and Villas(Nha Trang)
$1,051
Hotels.com
$90
$83
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Positive: Mixed Dorm was nice - with several bunk beds. Friendly staff. The 7$ per night accommodation (inclusive of a welcome drink and a set menu of breakfast every morning - tea/coffee, bottle water, bread toast with delicious strawberry jam. and between scrambled eggs, cut fruits and milk cereal).

The bar outside is really loud and happening. Every night I got up at 4 AM to see drunk people dragging themselves into the room. But well, all of them knew how to handle themselves.

The restaurant by the side is good as well to eat. I liked it.

In the center of the town. Lots of bars and other places to eat / hang out / grocery marts around. 5 mins from the beach.

Negative:

- Super slow internet. When I pointed out - the staff started on some other line of conversation. Super tired, I did not argue.

- One of the fellow backpacker got robbed. I am not aware of the full story but here it is - there are 2 lockers under the bed. However, some of the beds can be lifted with some force and voila! you have the locker open from the top. Everyone in my dorm was quite unsatisfied with the attitude of the staff as well - they were not forthcoming. The center of blame was the painter who kept zipping in and out of the room during the whole day. (HOWEVER - I am not 100% sure what happened)

- The AC was weak and small for the size of the room. And Nha Trang is a hot - humid place.

- There are apparently better places in around the same price. Maybe you should research a bit before going here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I arrived very early at this hostel and booked into a 10 bed "deluxe" female dorm for $8 a night. The room was ordinary good lockers under bed for your backpacks but the bathroom was tiny. I would have thought it was ok value until I decided to move to a friend's hotel for a night in a room on my own and got double room with AC, wifi, fridge and Tv for the EXACT same price per night!

Good for meeting people but I'd advIse getting a budget hotel nearer the beach and hanging out in the bars (why not / oasis bar etc ) to meet people!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I spent only 1 night at Backpacker's House. I stayed at dorm not a room. I love their service, even we already checked out they let us to put our bags and let us to use their bathroom to clean up before continue our travel to another place. They also can arrange for our bus and trip.
The dorm is quite comfortable, oh and they also gave us a free drink at their bar. They have a bar in front of the street and the rooms and dorms are in the back of the bar.
If you wish for a quite sleep, it's not the best place but if you expect bars, beers, and socializing with other travellers this is the perfect place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Booked this hostel over their own website, to find that when we arrived they had given our room to someone else. The staff would not accept responsibility for the mistake, and were highly unhelpful - they offered us the more expensive rooms that were out of our budget and eventually after about 20mins negotiation they lowered the price by only 2 dollars! The actual room was fine although the aircon condesed through the night leaving a large puddle between our beds. In the morning we came to check out, and realised my friend had left a pair of earrings on the bedside table. She went straight back up to get them, but they were not there - the cleaners said they had not seen them!!!!.....baisically they were stolen. The nasty reception woman refused to do anything about it. Please do not give your buisness to this place, it does not deserve it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed in the female dorm for which the hostel described as 'Delux' I can tell you now there is no such thing.

The female dorm consists for 5 beds(bunks) and most of the time this is full. However the staff allow extra guests to sleep on the floor for an extra $5 which blocks the entrance.

The bathroom is the worst I have seen in all hostels I have stayed, it is full of MOLD! Always dirty and the smell of sewage fills the room constantly!

The 'cleaners' are always in and out of the room but never seem to be cleaning and I once caught one on Facebook!

The air con is constantly being turned off by the cleaners making the room very hot when you come back into the dorm.

Also...there is a small window near the entrance of the dorm, this window is NEVER locked, from this window one can stretch their hand through and open the door! Always take your valuables with you.

I got so fed up I checked out one day early!

• Stayed: May 2012