Although this resort is beautiful and very relaxing, there are a lot of negatives that we (a group of 13 people (staying in 5 separate rooms)) experienced during our stay.
1. The resort focuses very heavily on their Russian vacationers. We got the feeling that unless we were Russian, we were not looked after as well as they were. All the signs are Russian, the hotel staff speak Russian (barely any english) and at one stage, there was a Russian staff member taking breakfast tickets off us and speaking to us in Russian. It was very frustrating as the hotel should be catering for ALL people visiting.
2. Hot water lasts for approx 2 minutes so make sure you take a QUICK shower and forget using the massive bath as you're going to freeze. One of our groups used the kettle to continuously boil enough water to fill their tub. Pretty ridiculous for a resort like this.
3. Make sure you're not starving when ordering any type of food from the resort. A bottle of water takes about 15 minutes to come to you if your order it. Forget the food, you'll be a heap of bones by the time the waiter comes back with your order. Also, ordering is a nightmare, I waited over 20 minutes to be attended to after pressing the waiter button while sitting by the pool.
4. If you forget your breakfast voucher, hopefully your room is not too far away. 2 of the people in our group had the wrong dates on their tickets and had to walk to the other end of the resort to get their ticket as the woman at the breakfast desk refused to check on the system or call her supervisor when asked by our group. Pretty funny how they were so particular about the ticket system when on one morning there was no one collecting the tickets anyway...
The next morning, the resort manager was standing near the breakfast front desk and the woman was very helpful and ushered us to our table (we never got this service any other day).
5. Rooms are very bare and bathroom smells like mold.
6. There is an old redundant section of the resort. We noticed it while on the shuttle to the beach. It looks scary as the grass is over grown, there is no one around and generally the whole area is untidy and an eye-sore. Either rip this stuff down or put up screens. No body wants to see this.
7. There are only 2 people at the egg station cooking and the line every morning was approx 10 people......and that's not including the people pushing in.
8. The resort is about a 25 minute drive to Nha Trang center but it passes by the 100 Egg Mud Path so it takes longer and no body gets off the bus on most occasions so the trip to the mud baths is a waste of time.They should probably have a separate bus for those wanting to go to the mud baths instead of wasting everyone elses time.
9. Don't waste your time with the dinner buffet or any other of the resort restaurants....they're expensive and the food isn't anything special....forget the waiting time...that's another issue...see point 3.
...I think that pretty much covers it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gorgeous oceanfront property with two private beaches, located in the heart of South Central Vietnam, Diamond Bay Resort & Golf is merging world-class Resort and Spa facilities with warm Vietnamese hospitality. An astonishing, airy, tranquil and tropical vacation destination with 342 beautifully appointed hotel rooms, suites and bungalows equipped with modern facilities located only 15 minutes drive from city center, makes Diamond Bay Resort & Golf a wonderful choice for the selective traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Diamond Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Bay Resort & Golf Hotel Nha Trang
- Diamond Bay Resort And Golf
- Diamond Bay Hotel