“Horrific...” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Coyote Mexican Resto-Bar - CLOSED

El Coyote Mexican Resto-Bar
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Horrific...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you value your health don't eat here!! The food was terrible no taste and overpriced I'd rather eat my toe nails that eat here again.. Rude staff massive disappointment....

1 Thank Superdry23

Nha Trang, Viet Nam
“good mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Well, I sure am glad I went there before I read the other reviews. This is now one of my favorite restaurants in Nha Trang. Probably the best Mexican food I have had outside of North America (I'm originally from San Diego... so i am spoiled and usually disappointed).
One of the few restaurants in the area that actually tries for an ethnic decor or ambiance. The owner is from France and has lived in Mexico -- this is a far cry from the many "combo restaurants" in the tourist district that claim to offer a little of everything (Mexican, Italian and Vietnamese -- all under one roof)
Good food in a friendly casual atmosphere. Not unusually cheap by Nha Trang standards, but of course very reasonable by American standards.
In my many visits, I have probably tried almost every Mexican dish on the Menu I especially like the nachos, and the chile con carne is a different spin on a traditional dish. And the most unusual item I have seen: chicken cook in Coke (the drink, not the drug).
I just wish they would get some Mexican beer.

• Visited February 2012
“Better than expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I went this place expecting to be disappointed. But I was craving Mexican and so I thought I'd give it a go. Maybe I wasn't disappointed because I live in Nha Trang. Recent relocated expat. I know what real Mexican and Americanized Mexican taste like. I also know what ingredients are available in Vietnam. I had the fajitas and my companion the enchiladas. We also had the nachos and this huge gringo salad.

The Mexican fare is not Americanized. Tasty meal. Friendly staff.

2 Thank CareerTourist
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“TEX -MEX in Nha Trang.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

This Place has as Close to Home cooking as I have Found in Nha Trang or?? Growing Up in TEXAS I miss this Food Now and then and Found that this Place is The Place..

Aloha Mark.

2 Thank MarkScott05
Seattle, Washington
“If possible to rate it a zero, I would”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Against all that I know, I allowed myself to try this re-opened dump once again, in the vain hope that the arrogant, unprofessional and incompetent owner would have gotten even a slight clue as to how to run a restaurant. Awful food! The only good thing in El Coyote's existence is that it would be so easy for someone else to open a passable Mexican restaurant that would seem like gourmet by comparison. This was the single worst meal of my life.....could not get past a few bites.

• Visited January 2012