“SEEDY! AWFUL FOOD! AGGRESSIVE OWNER! TOO EXPENSIVE! DON'T GO!”

El Coyote Mexican Resto-Bar
Ranked #290 of 587 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A great mexican style bar in Nha Trang, amazing food and great service
Reviewed August 22, 2011

FOOD: I made the BIG mistake of going to this dump! I fancied a break from Vietnamese food and usually like Mexican food, but hated the food here. I ate fajitas and my brother had enchilladas. Both were the worst Mexican food we have ever tasted!

ATMOSPHERE: Very, very seedy. This hole of a restaurant gave me the creeps. The waitresses act a bit like hostesses in a hostess bar and you wonder if they take some male guests to a room round the back! Definitely NOT for families or couples.

SERVICE: They added an unordered side-item to my bill. When I refused to pay, the big Mexican owner came out and got aggressive. He said he would deduct the amount from the waitress!! Nice way to treat staff! I was ashamed to be a westerner.

2  Thank gomad1980

Reviewed February 12, 2011

The food was unsalted and not hot enough, they also put coriander everywhere, was the main ingredient in guacamole sauce instead of avocado!
We've been definetely unsatisfied for food, but the staff is very cordial and the atmosphere funny, they also have live music, a very interesting show to see vietnamese singing mexican songs! 3 beers, nachos, 1 burrito and 1 fajita aound 15 $ and they offered us a shot of tequila!

2  Thank LadyPork
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I frequently review hotels on tripadvisor, but never thought to review a restaurant experience until I went to El Coyote. A popular guidebook gave a great review of El Coyote, indicating that it had great Tex-Mex food. I simply don't know how it did. To set the record straight and affirm many of the latest reviews, this place just stinks. For starters, this "Tex-Mex" restaurant has a Mexican, French and Italian menu. We all ordered from the Mexican menu, excited to eat Mexican food. We were beyond disappointed. For starters, the nachos tasted like some sort of desert. The homemade nachos were sweet and the "cheese" sauce was nothing like cheese. The guacamole sauce tasted like it was made from powder. I am not even sure an avacado was used to make it. It was obvious that the cook had no clue how to make nachos. Next, we ordered tacos, burritos and fajitas. It was all just plain bad, not even close to Mexican food. The best thing were the fajitas, which is really hard to get wrong. Of course, the fajitas were 90% onions. Again, no clue how to make Mexican food. Serving Mexican food this bad is insulting. If you know anything about Tex-Mex, you will be insulted that El Coyote served you such gross food. I can't imagine what the French and Italian food tastes like. It must be equally revolting. Aside from the bad food, the service wasn't very good either and the atmosphere was just dirty and weird. I would not recommend this place to anyone, not even a worst enemy.

6  Thank MisterTravels
ElcoyoteNhaTrang, Manager at El Coyote Mexican Resto-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

The El Coyote has made changes on the management team. We are now located in a bigger venue, 86B Tran Phu (Villa 17-18). Follow the street across La Louisianna, we are the first restaurant after the Light Hotel. Come join us!

Changes has been made on the menu and service.
We have now a ''Fiesta Night'' each friday where we have a live band and dancing floor.

The team at the Ha Van Hotel Nha Trang is now in charge of the restaurant!

Nicolas
Manager at El Coyote Mexican Restaurant
Owner of the Ha Van Hotel

Reviewed March 11, 2010

Service and atmosphere were so poor we just ordered a starter and drinks and then left. The nachos were really good though. Shame we just felt so uncomfortable that we didnt stay for a main course!

Reviewed February 16, 2010

The reviews in the travel books talked this place up alot. Saved it until my 21st birthday and was thoughrally dissapointed! Worst place we ate in Vietnam