“Lovely little Cafe in the heart of Nha Trang”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cyclo Cafe

Cyclo Cafe
Ranked #92 of 485 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely little Cafe in the heart of Nha Trang”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

A lovely little cafe right in the heart of the tourist part of Nha Trang. My wife and I visited on our second day in NT, wanting to try some traditional Vietnamese food - well, almost!, with my wife choosing a Thai (close enough!) Hot Pot, and myself choosing a more traditional tamarind hot pot. Both staff, and (I think) owner were very helpful, speaking good English and providing recommendations from the extensive menu. Freshly made fruit drinks were quickly served, and the meal delivered to the table still bubbling/boiling from the cooking - and both dishes were delicious and full flavoured (possibly a bit stronger/hotter flavoured than other Vietnamese dishes we'd tried) which suited us perfectly. We finished with a cup of tea each, and was presented with a free selection of mango and banana which was unexpected but much appreciated.

There're many, many cafes around the area so maybe each has to try a little harder to compete, but I think Cyclo is a lovely place with friendly staff, and very good (cheap) prices. From what we tried food is top notch as well.

Unfortunately there are TOO many cafes around the area (and too little time for us) to warrant going back, but I can heartedly recommend this place to anyone looking to eat around there.

Low rating for romance/special occasions - it's just not that type of place, but I don't think it tries to be.

• Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Quiet, relaxed, friendly and cheap! (For Nha Trang)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I came to Nha Trang not wanting to be a part of the hustle and bustle and typical tourist scene.

Hitting up the Cyclo Cafe suited me perfectly.

The times of day I visited - between 11am and 4pm - the restaurant had only myself and maybe one other couple inside.

Regardless, service was excellent: smiles all round, great English, no unnecessary pestering!

Fantastic food: I had the sauteed chicken with cashew nuts (68k) and the fruit salad (30k), and a never ending stream of fruit shakes! (18k each)

Very happy to cater to your personal needs I found.

As I said in the title, a very relaxing place to eat. Good WiFi too!

Montreux, Switzerland
“Great food, reasonable pricing, and smiles all over the cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I went there for a meal during my summer vacation. I must say that this cafe surprised me with the hospitality and great food. We paid only 400,000VND for 5 persons meal and it was very tasty. A must visit when you go to Nha Trang!

• Visited August 2013
“Unexpected experience !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

One of my friend took me to this restaurant for dinner. First look at the review below I'm very doubt about it. But then when I was very surprised about that...the food is very nice and cheap, they have very good food, nice draft beer, the service is ok...after that, I took my families there in the next 4 night during the time we stayed in Nha Trang. That was an amazing experienced..........and for those come below, I don't think you need to say such mean work like this.....

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap breakfast special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast here both days during our stay in Nha Trang. Nice omelettes served with lovely soft warm baguettes. Muesli was also decent along with the service. Breakfast for two with drinks for 120K VND.